• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I disagree with Trump about Putin being a genius.

Whatever success the Biden Administration has in dealing with Ukraine, I seriously doubt Joe had any hand in.
He may have approved other people's ideas. I will give him credit for that.
That is what presidents do. They are presented with options from intelligence, state, from generals and economists, and they decide what to do.

You seem to think the process is somehow different with Biden.

Probably because you actually believed the right wing smear campaign against Biden.

I haven't really been following the day-to-day actions, so I can't opine. But I did read this article that goes into some details about the war. It's an interesting read with a video.

I watched this last night, and the host was stunned, as was Jennifer Griffin, who appeared right after.

Based on you quoting Conservativetreehouse, your posts demonstrate "not much".
yawn...

Got to get your snark in, don't you?

You are dismissed.

I haven't really been following the day-to-day actions, so I can't opine. But I did read this article that goes into some details about the war. It's an interesting read with a video.

Jennifer Griffin would like a word:

I watched this last night, and the host was stunned, as was Jennifer Griffin, who appeared right after.
Of course, they were stunned. This Colonel's take doesn't follow the desired narrative.

I find it astounding that they would think a military general is a political expert.

That ws not his only mistake. He failed to understand that Trump was wrong about Biden being too weak. Biden who is now leading the world in dealing out sanctions to Russia for the invasion and those sanctions might lead the oligarchs in russia to eliminate Putin in thee end.
Your post wreaks of desperation to give Biden credit for something. Would love to see you provide evidence to support your claim.

Whatever success the Biden Administration has in dealing with Ukraine, I seriously doubt Joe had any hand in.
You run with that. Wouldn't want you having nightmares.

Of course she would.

As I said, the Colonel didn't follow the right narrative.
"The kind of appeasement talk that Col. MacGregor, who should know better—when he was in government, he was the one who was advising Trump to pull all troops out of Germany,” Griffin said. “That projection of weakness is what made Putin think he could move into a sovereign country like Ukraine.”

You run with that. Wouldn't want you having nightmares.
As you know, any real pushback on the Russians came from the Ukrainian president. I have a great deal of admiration for that guy.

I'm not an expert on the engineering of war machines but it sure seems like Russian military vehicles are awfully flammable.

Biden is leading the world? Dude, he was back home taking a nap all weekend.
The inability to disassociate oneself from discredited fakenews "facts" and moronic talking points....is what separates brainwashed, fascist Trumpers....from decent American conservatives.

We're beginning to see some fault lines develop between the two camps of the GOP.

Unfortunately (but just as expected), it's apparent that the FASCIST camp greatly outnumbers the DECENT camp within the modern GOP/conservative movement in America.

"The kind of appeasement talk that Col. MacGregor, who should know better—when he was in government, he was the one who was advising Trump to pull all troops out of Germany,” Griffin said. “That projection of weakness is what made Putin think he could move into a sovereign country like Ukraine.”
Some people think pulling our troops out of Germany is a good thing. After all, do we REALLY need bases in a country that is rich enough to provide for their own defense? I don't see that position as "appeasement".

The Colonel makes some good points about why Putin is taking the course he's on and he could be right about Putin's objective as not being to take over the entire country of Ukraine...but to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO.

The fact is, it was the Biden pukes who stoked the fears that Ukraine would be joining NATO. This is what spurred Putin to take action now.

But hey...if it goes against the puke's narrative, the media has to react...and strongly. Hence, the reaction from Griffin.

:ROFLMAO:.....so you haven't been following it via any legitimate news sources, huh?

But you've had enough time to "follow it" via your favorite rightwing, fakenews social media sites, huh?

Why does it NOT SURPRISE me, one bit, that you consider an OPINION piece from a notorious Putin Apologist like MacGregor to be "interesting"? You think the idea that Ukraine should "come to terms" of surrender with an invading army, huh?

Col MacGregor is the same guy whose nomination to be Ambassador to Germany (by who else, but Trump, of course) was rejected the Senate because of his long-standing, PRO-NAZI, WHITE-NATIONALST views....and his stated belief that non-Whites, non-Christians and ALL MUSLIM immigrants should be expelled from Europe (by force, if necessary).

So let's summarize who MacGregor REALLY is, shall we?
  • -Nazi Sympathizer
  • -White-Nationalist
  • -Anti-Muslim
  • -Racist

So I guess now it's clear to all why you find MacGregor's perspective so "interesting".

Some people think pulling our troops out of Germany is a good thing. After all, do we REALLY need bases in a country that is rich enough to provide for their own defense? I don't see that position as "appeasement".

The Colonel makes some good points about why Putin is taking the course he's on and he could be right about Putin's objective as not being to take over the entire country of Ukraine...but to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO.

The fact is, it was the Biden pukes who stoked the fears that Ukraine would be joining NATO. This is what spurred Putin to take action now.

But hey...if it goes against the puke's narrative, the media has to react...and strongly. Hence, the reaction from Griffin.
Ukraine either can join NATO if they want to and meet the requirements.

History will record Trump as the single worst president in American History, and the blame goes to those who believed all the lies and supported the unamerican POS.

Guys, Trump isn't President. He's been out of office over a year.
Just sayin'.
The current guy is a half senile old guy named Biden.

Must be killing the right to see Biden successfully deal with this

The people at the Pentagon actually running things regarding Ukraine are probably the same people Trump had. Not supposed to be political.

Obvious lie is obvious.

In reality, you know perfectly damn well that Biden got Europe to line up behind him and against Russia. The sanctions are actually crippling the economy already. Ruble is crashing. Interest rates shooting up.

You're just mad out of embarrassment that your whole "Senile Joe" thing is demonstrably stupid bullshit.

But then, you wouldn't let that stop you from lying, would it?

And Bingo was his name-o. This is a perfect example of why democracy is broken here. 40-45% of the country subscribes to a hate-based ideology that won't ever let them admit that maybe they were wrong in even one of their smears.

So when Biden leads the world in response to Russia, they are compelled to insist that it must not have had anything to do with him. And because they're so used to lying, they don't even bother to explain what the *real* organizing force was and why we should conclude Biden's actions didn't do anything.

His patience is a virtue? Seriously? His patience and that of Obama and most of the EU leaders is what allowed this to happen! Nobody stood against Putin for DECADES as he assassinated his own people. Nobody stood against him as he took South Ossetia and then Crimea. Biden and everyone else tossed out a few words and sent a few letters but nobody, NOBODY, pushed to rein the despot in. After 20 years of getting away with whatever he tried it's little wonder that Putin felt he could pull this stunt with impunity and even now the words and letters are pushed out to the press while Ukranians fight and die to preserve their independence. I mean, seriously, we're still buying oil from the Russians!!! Why is that happening? Why hasn't Biden, as a minimum, done something about that? Biden isn't "leading" and he isn't defying Putin. He, like most of the other world leaders, are pitching platitudes and empty promises while Putin continues to bomb Ukraine.

See what I mean? Theirs a vicious anti-personal and hate-based ideology. Not content to idiotically insist Biden had nothing to do with the response, Lutherf has to go further and try to blame Democrats in the past.

Without even mentioning stuff like Trump publicly announcing he trusts Putin over our intelligence agencies.

(But don't worry, they have more stupid ****ing lies for that)

Having done nothing to help move Ukraine toward western democracy (and acceptance into NATO) as the Bidens enriched themselves off of Ukraine's corruption.

But, y'know, unlawfully withholding congressionally approved funds from Ukraine in an attempt to extort production of fake dirt on Biden to help Trump in the coming election....

....that was still "genius". Or the whole knowingly accepting election interference?

Which is another way of saying it means jack shit to announce you disagree with Trump about Putin being a genius only after you could not argue otherwise in light of ground conditions, and of course, not on any truly important things like the ones he did while in office and the ones he might do if he returns to it.

Worshipping Putin as a master and strong leader? That's not going away if Trump gets re-elected. It's going to guide national policy. That's kinda a big ****ing deal. @Grandpappy is silent about that. And all the other shit.
Want to play?

Watch Joe Biden Brag About Bribing Ukraine To Fire The Prosecutor Investigating His Son’s Company​

In this speech, Biden boasts about the fact that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. loans to Ukraine if they did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating his son.

Back
Top Bottom