• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Am Proud of Our President

sawdust

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
He met with the Pope. They sat across the desk from each other. He was able to do this without putting his feet on the desk. Now if we could encourage him to treat the Resolute Desk with equal respect.

I knew what I was clicking on, yet I still did. Shame on me.

He met with the Pope. They sat across the desk from each other. He was able to do this without putting his feet on the desk. Now if we could encourage him to treat the Resolute Desk with equal respect.

Color me crazy but I draw a small distinction between a man who is both the leader of one of the world's major religions and a head of state - on the one hand - and a piece of furniture on the other.

I have no issue with anyone who can get away with it throwing his feet up on the desk.

I do it all the time myself.

I, too, would keep my feet off the Pope.

I was expecting it but still was surprised by how much of it there was...

Some people just don't have a sense of what is approriate at certain places and times, and what is not. He is one of those people. It shows a lack of knowledge/respect.

Some people just don't have a sense of what is approriate at certain places and times, and what is not. He is one of those people. It shows a lack of knowledge/respect.

I agree
bushfeet1.jpg

ford-foot-on-desk-e1378074453255.jpg

I don't give a crap how 0bama looks. He can wear a party hat with streamers, and drop trou in the oval office for all I care. His policies make him the worst president of all time.

I see! When you said it was all about the time and place, you meant it was about the desk (because a desk is both a time and a place)
Clearly you don't understand the the historical difference in Presdential desks. The Wilson desk is made from wood which is replaceable. The Resolute is irreplaceable because it is made from timbers salvaged from the HMS Resolute and gifted to us by Great Briton. You should show a little respect for the desk.

disappointed
expected this to be a thread whining about how the president was differential to the pope
that he allowed the pope to be seated before Obama took his own seat
where is the 'how dare our president bow to another world leader' bull**** we have seen so many times before

could such 'treason' have been ignored this time because Obama was differential to the world's leader of the Christian faith

https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Clearly you don't understand the the historical difference in Presdential desks. The Wilson desk is made from wood which is replaceable. The Resolute is irreplaceable because it is made from timbers salvaged from the HMS Resolute and gifted to us by Great Briton. You should show a little respect for the desk.

Wood is wood. It is neither a time nor a place.

I would have thought that a poster named sawdust would know this

And I am absolutely sure that no self-respecting President of the United States ever put his feet on that desk. :roll:

GWBushFeetDesk.jpg

Last edited:

There is nothing more sad than a man who doesn't know his wood.

I took this title literally. So, here's my opinion.

:inandout:

Provenance. Ever heard of it?

I have to give him a pass since it appears that the President was basically raised by wolves.

We get it you hate the President and if he cured cancer you would complain about unemployed Oncologists....I feel bad for you....

There is a difference between a museum piece and a working desk. Pick one. If it is a priceless hierloom, put the thing in the Smithsonian already.

We get it you hate the President and if he cured cancer you would complain about unemployed Oncologists....I feel bad for you....

I don't hate the man. I hate his world view, I hate is policies, I hate the fact that he is unqualified for the office he holds. The fact is I started this thread because I was bored and it amused me.

Don't feel bad for me. I am comfortable with myself and my beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom