• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of migrant children remain separated

You could adopt a couple of them if you want. That way they could become Citizens, You could feed them, You could pay for their medical bills, or do you have a better Idea? What do you think they should do with them? Inlighten us.

Or I could just go about my life and let them live theirs, and not worry too much about what the xenophobes think.

You aren't supposed to ask questions like that, this is emotional manipulation to try and destract from the bigger issue. Stop thinking and be outraged or people will call you a ____ophobe or a ____ist.

Well, I am certainly not an arachnophobe nor am I a sophist.

...That is what they are going to accuse me of being right?

Ridiculous...

Probably... which one?

Ship them back to the squalor and violence from which they are fleeing... really compassionate.
Wow!! The ignorance screams from this post!

What's "ridiculous"? Your saying illegals come from "earth"? I thought they came from a country on earth, as I stated.

Watch the news and you will become "enlightened." DUH!!

Yep. If they can't go through the legal channels like those who want to become LEGAL American citizens, ship their illegal asses back where they came from.
Who gives a damn where they came from and what "hardships" they encountered. Why can't they stay and make their country better? Screw em,' send em' back.

Yep. If they can't go through the legal channels like those who want to become LEGAL American citizens, ship their illegal asses back where they came from.
Who gives a damn where they came from and what "hardships" they encountered. Why can't they stay and make their country better? Screw em,' send em' back.
Like I said... really compassionate... and reeking of the naivety of a person that has little world experience.

LOL

Isn’t it a good thing to seperate children from human traffickers?
No, how else are the democrats going to get their fix?
We all know Joe is simply waiting his turn at this point anyway.

Like I said... really compassionate... and reeking of the naivety of a person that has little world experience.

LOL
Does your "world experience" exceed my lifetime experience in MY country, the United States of America? The country we're speaking of here? I didn't think so...

LOL
These are the same kind of people who only cared about child separations, when it was the "In" thing to do and Trump was the one at the wheel. Now that he's gone, they could care less that these kids remained separated, or even returned to the individuals that were mistreating them in the first place.

Does your "world experience" exceed my lifetime experience in MY country, the United States of America? The country we're speaking of here? I didn't think so...
Depends... how old are you? I lived 35 years in California, then Australia and now New Zealand. I have also travelled extensively around the world.

How about you?

I look at it like this, if you don't send the illegals out of the country, more just keep coming. And I don't want to learn spanish. I don't have a problem with anyone wanting a better life, but there is a legal way of doing it. We have immigration laws for a reason, so either expell the illegals or and defend our borders, or open the borders to all, but don't allow the law breakers to stay and stop the next bunch from coming in. Fair is fair. If you want to give the poor people from another country a better life, send them some of your paycheck. Make a differance yourself, but don't ask the rest of us to take food from our kids mouths. Do you have any idea how much the illegals cost the U.S. each year? I would like for you to do a little research, check out how many illegal immigrants are in this country, and how much of American taxes go to taking care of them. We shouldn't be detaining any of them, we shouldn't be feeding them, if they are here illegal, we should just put them back across the border they crossed, and forget them. We have plenty of people here that need food and health care, that don't get it.
Hey John Q.
By chance, are you a fiscally conservative Republican?

I really think we should sort that out we don't want to put children with kidnappers or people that mean them harm.
NGOs have been working on this.

Depends... how old are you? I lived 35 years in California, then Australia and now New Zealand. I have also travelled extensively around the world.

How about you?
I'm 60. Lived here all my life. Never lived out of the country. Only been as far as Canada.

I'm 60. Lived here all my life. Never lived out of the country. Only been as far as Canada.
Great... So it sounds like there was no need for you to try to make it a contest.

Great... So it sounds like there was no need for you to try to make it a contest.
Nope. Not in world travel, anyway. You got me on that.
I asked;
"Does your "world experience" exceed my lifetime experience in MY country, the United States of America? The country we're speaking of here?"
You went on with world living when we were talking about illegal immigrants. I was referring to my country and our illegal immigration problem.

You said I was not compassionate. I am, for those who are waiting to come here legally, are learning our language
and and want to become a productive part of society. Why should illegals and asylum seekers get preference over them?

From their families. Supposedly ~600.
The authorities have been trying to adopt them out. They were brought here as “passengers” to accompany mostly single men, pretending to be a parent to get into the country where the kids were abandoned as soon as they got inside the wire. Most are cartel members and criminals who could not get in legally.

Bottom line: You have kids with parents in other countries who will not cooperate. All you can really do is foster home them long enough until the lucky ones are petitioned to be adopted and the unlucky ones sold into the sex trade.

The authorities have been trying to adopt them out. They were brought here as “passengers” to accompany mostly single men, pretending to be a parent to get into the country where the kids were abandoned as soon as they got inside the wire. Most are cartel members and criminals who could not get in legally.

Bottom line: You have kids with parents in other countries who will not cooperate. All you can really do is foster home them long enough until the lucky ones are petitioned to be adopted and the unlucky ones sold into the sex trade.
Credible source?

The problem I have with this is that the rigors and limitations on the LEGAL path to citizenship are so unrealistically prohibitive as to be almost nonexistent. Some people from India, for example, are on a 150+ year waiting list.

150-Year Wait for Indian Immigrants With Advanced Degrees | Cato Institute

The LEGAL path to US citizenship is BROKEN.

Imagine how many people from a random Honduras caravan might be murderers and rapists.

Now imagine how many might be honest, hardworking people who just want to escape the murder capital of the world and live a decent life.

Now imagine how many might have the capacity to become very talented doctors, engineers, scientists, etc. if only they had the appropriate opportunities to thrive.

We are and always have been a nation of immigrants. We won the space race because a German engineer wanted to come here instead of the USSR. I think we should welcome refugees from corrupt 3rd world sinkholes and give them a realistic means of being here legally. Most are just trying to escape that kind of environment, they're not trying to bring it here.

Nope. Not in world travel, anyway. You got me on that.
I asked;
"Does your "world experience" exceed my lifetime experience in MY country, the United States of America? The country we're speaking of here?"
You went on with world living when we were talking about illegal immigrants. I was referring to my country and our illegal immigration problem.
And my experience in the USA probably does exceed yours with regards to Immigrants. I lived 35 years within an hour of the Mexican border. You live in Pennsylvania.
You said I was not compassionate. I am, for those who are waiting to come here legally, are learning our language
and and want to become a productive part of society. Why should illegals and asylum seekers get preference over them?
You think that there are immigrants that want to come to the USA and not be productive members of society? I worked in restaurants and am a teacher. I see hundreds and hundreds of Mexican immigrants and they want to be here legally (if the are not) learning the language (and they do) and go to school, get jobs, etc.

Lets get back to the subject of law and order, and immigration, the children being detained is a by product of an illegal act of there parents, or who ever brought them to this country illegally. The subject is being side-tracked to them, when the real problem is the people we elected. The problem didn't just start with Biden, or even Trump. It started when the the first Politicians went against the law and started to give protection to undocumented workers. An undocumented worker is is someone who is in this country illegally. Either they came in to this country with a green card or sneaked across the border, doesn't matter, if they don't don't have papers, they shouldn't be able to legally work in this country. Anyone who enables them, aides them, or protects them, is doing so against the law. There is a way for them to get hear legally, so if we allow the illegal ones to stay, why have the law. Change it to allow anyone to come here.

And my experience in the USA probably does exceed yours with regards to Immigrants. I lived 35 years within an hour of the Mexican border. You live in Pennsylvania.

You think that there are immigrants that want to come to the USA and not be productive members of society? I worked in restaurants and am a teacher. I see hundreds and hundreds of Mexican immigrants and they want to be here legally (if the are not) learning the language (and they do) and go to school, get jobs, etc.
What makes you think you're more "experienced" than I am? I worked for a food service co. and delivered to a host of immigrant owned restaurants in DC, Phila, Manhattan, and a number of other large Eastern cities. And yes, I know where I live!

I believe there are a number of immigrants who will become productive Americans, they are the ones who want to go through the LEGAL channels to become American citizens. Many immigrants that own restaurant franchises are productive American citizens. Problem is, some hire illegals, and those illegals (and some legals) can't even speak English. I know, I have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom