• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of migrant children remain separated

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From their families. Supposedly ~600.

Theres barely any oversight of detention facilities and we contract out inspections too. No wonder.

Theres barely any oversight of detention facilities and we contract out inspections too. No wonder.
No discerning nor concerned eyes on the privatized. Another degree of separation so responsibility can be easier denied.

We'll see if Biden is another "deporter in chief" like Obama was said to be.

Isn’t it a good thing to seperate children from human traffickers?

Yep.

I guess some people never realized that we are not in the habit of allowing the children of either convicted criminals, or those accused defendants who are incarcerated waiting for trial, to have their children with them in jail. An environment where they will be at risk of being even further exploited.

If these children are orphaned or otherwise displaced, then what needs to happen is a multi national effort to send them back to other family in their nations of origin, or provide foster care. But that doesn't necessarily need to be soly on the backs of the American taxpayers. These children are in fact citizens of other nations; those nations need to step up and help solve their plight.

ZERO illegal immigrants who arrived here with their children and who were caught who could prove that the children were theirs, and who had no otherwise violent or drug related charges against them---and who agreed to return to their nation of origin, were ever prevented from doing so.

How many - exactly - of those kids were taken from human traffickers?
Who knows? You have to assume every adult with a child is a trafficker unless proven otherwise though

Who knows? You have to assume every adult with a child is a trafficker unless proven otherwise though

So we should leave children in detention facilities because who knows?

Basically, you want them to just die in there eventually.

So we should leave children in detention facilities because who knows?

Basically, you want them to just die in there eventually.
Nope. I'd prefer them sent back to where they came from along with the illegals they in came with.

Nope. Again, I'd prefer them sent back. to where they came from. That would save us taxpayers the wasted money spent on housing, feeding and medicating them.

Nope. I'd prefer them sent back to where they came from along with the illegals they in came with.

Nope. Again, I'd prefer them sent back. to where they came from.
They came from Earth... where do you propose that they are sent "back" to?
That would save us taxpayers the wasted money spent on housing, feeding and medicating them.
Ever the humanitarian...

They came from Earth... where do you propose that they are sent "back" to?

Ever the humanitarian...
You're remark is full of incompetence, and unreasonable. They came from a specific country on "Earth", no?

Yes, I am. You don't want them detained, do you? Neither do I. Send them back!

You're remark is full of incompetence, and unreasonable.
Ridiculous...
They came from a specific country on "Earth", no?
Probably... which one?
Yes, I am. You don't want them detained, do you? Neither do I. Send them back!
Ship them back to the squalor and violence from which they are fleeing... really compassionate.

Exactly. He and Stephen Miller are separating children from their parents even as we speak.
He should just put them back across the border. Illegal is illegal. I hae no problem with anyone who wants a better life, but if you break the law to get it, that's a whole other story. Would you allow someone steal your car and just because the had it rough before should they get to keep it, after all, you did caught them stealing it. So maybe the should get to keep it.

He should just put them back across the border. Illegal is illegal. I hae no problem with anyone who wants a better life, but if you break the law to get it, that's a whole other story. Would you allow someone steal your car and just because the had it rough before should they get to keep it, after all, you did caught them stealing it. So maybe the should get to keep it.

So Juan stole your house?

I look at it like this, if you don't send the illegals out of the country, more just keep coming. And I don't want to learn spanish. I don't have a problem with anyone wanting a better life, but there is a legal way of doing it. We have immigration laws for a reason, so either expell the illegals or and defend our borders, or open the borders to all, but don't allow the law breakers to stay and stop the next bunch from coming in. Fair is fair. If you want to give the poor people from another country a better life, send them some of your paycheck. Make a differance yourself, but don't ask the rest of us to take food from our kids mouths. Do you have any idea how much the illegals cost the U.S. each year? I would like for you to do a little research, check out how many illegal immigrants are in this country, and how much of American taxes go to taking care of them. We shouldn't be detaining any of them, we shouldn't be feeding them, if they are here illegal, we should just put them back across the border they crossed, and forget them. We have plenty of people here that need food and health care, that don't get it.

So Juan stole your house?
You could adopt a couple of them if you want. That way they could become Citizens, You could feed them, You could pay for their medical bills, or do you have a better Idea? What do you think they should do with them? Inlighten us.

You could adopt a couple of them if you want. That way they could become Citizens, You could feed them, You could pay for their medical bills, or do you have a better Idea? What do you think they should do with them? Inlighten us.
You aren't supposed to ask questions like that, this is emotional manipulation to try and destract from the bigger issue. Stop thinking and be outraged or people will call you a ____ophobe or a ____ist.

Back
Top Bottom