• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

human rights ?[W:143:203]

Re: human rights ?

I guess Henrin is pulling our legs (ladies especially). ;) If not, I'd suggest he goes and finds a shrink. :)

No...Henrin is not kidding. He has supported the right of the rapists over the raped before...numerous times.

No...Henrin is not kidding. He has supported the right of the rapists over the raped before...numerous times.

Unbelievable. Who could possibly support such a thing??

Rapists are (mostly) men. Their victims are (mostly) women.

Note to Josie. When that one person leads a political organization with wide support, they do speak for thousands of people.

Sorry... I've never even heard of this woman. I highly doubt that many people have ever heard of her. Therefore, she doesn't speak for thousands of people.

Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist

tea party should change its name to tea dicky party

which human can be as barbarian and guilty as rapists ?

the ones who want to punish rape victims one more time!!!!!!!

what a shame

Rape is a horrifying crime that traumatizes over 60,000 women each year in America. It is estimated that 5% or more of these women become pregnant by their rapist. One can only imagine what a woman is going through when she learns that she is now carrying a totally unwanted pregnancy stemming from a traumatic event. Most women exercise their right to choose and get an abortion because they do not wish to go through nine months of additional torture to reward their rapist with a child that he may have custody rights to in an astounding 31 states. That means rapists can continue to stalk, harass, and torture their victims for many years after the initial rape occurred

But apparently the Tea Party sees things much differently, and outrageously so. Scottie Nell Hughes is the Director of the Tea Party News Network. And as an extreme conservative, she shares the same twisted views of anti-abortion fanatics. During a July 11th appearance on Viewpoint with John Fugelsang on Current TV, Hughes said that rape victims who end resulting pregnancies should be punished in the same manner as their rapists. In other words, prison. AND, they should serve the same amount of prison time.

Abortion should always be an option for rape victims. They should always have a choice. And taking that choice away makes Republicans and Tea Party members like Hughes no better than the rapists. In fact, it makes them worse because instead of protecting the rights and health of raped women, the GOP is choosing to protect the vile interests of the rapist.

l think some men ,some women never evolve !

iranians stone them to death ,such women want to put them into jail!

haha...in both cases it is women who are punished

in fact such barbarians should be put into jail!

conservatives should stop letting teenagers get pregnant at age 13 14 if they really care about children!

because this is not conservativism

this is brutality!

Read more: Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist (VIDEO) -

Ahem, rape does not give a woman license to murder a child.

Sorry... I've never even heard of this woman. I highly doubt that many people have ever heard of her. Therefore, she doesn't speak for thousands of people.

Who you heard of is irrelevant.

She is on TV representing the tea party and their members.

If Hillary was on TV and said the same thing, you can be damn sure she wouldn't be representing democrats again.

I understand the man raped the mother, but doesn't the child have a right to their parent? Why should we simply deny a child their father because of past actions? Stupid questions I'm sure, but I would like any answers that someone wants to offer.

It seems like common sense that the best thing would be to protect that child from a rapist.

Lol at the use of "mere rapists"

What sort of criminal sentence is usually given for rape?

What sort of criminal sentence for murder?

The latter is greater; this is appropriate because the harm being done is greater. Rapists are scum but when compared to murderers, yeah "mere" seems like a pretty good choice of words.

It seems like common sense that the best thing would be to protect that child from a rapist.

I agree. If prosecuted and convicted, a rapist should not have any parental rights; only the financial obligations.

The latter is greater; this is appropriate because the harm being done is greater. Rapists are scum but when compared to murderers, yeah "mere" seems like a pretty good choice of words.

Thus speaks a person unfamiliar with the lasting harm caused by rape. Under your argument a pedophile who sexually assaults a child has also caused "lesser harm," than a murderer. Tell that to any parent, or the child as he/she matures with that memory.

Try again.

Both crimes have long lasting ramifications and both are permanent.

If you want to compare criminal sentences..the use of "mere abortionists" seems appropriate. Compare that with a rapist's sentence!

Thus speaks a person unfamiliar with the lasting harm caused by rape.

Thus speaks someone presuming some sort of non-hatred of rapists or non-belief that rape is a serious crime. Not the case, be assured.

Just the same? You know what has more lasting and more irrevocable harm? Being killed. You can be raped and go on to have a meaningful and fulfilling life. Not so much when you're ****ing dead.

Know their father?

It takes more than planting a seed (in this case by FORCE) to be a father.

Holy cow. I can't believe what I'm reading?!

I don't see how. :shrug:

If you want to compare criminal sentences..the use of "mere abortionists" seems appropriate. Compare that with a rapist's sentence!

Well I already did say murderers; though agreed, they're currently getting off light considering they're not prosecuted at all and some crazy people want it that way.

Thus speaks someone presuming some sort of non-hatred of rapists or non-belief that rape is a serious crime. Not the case, be assured.

Just the same? You know what has more lasting and more irrevocable harm? Being killed.

While I acknowledge that abortion is has a permanent effect on a developing fetus, I do not place any spiritual value on a few cells strung together with no sense of self bringing it to the level of "murder." Might as well say we are murdering protozoans when we boil water to purify it.

I have not and I am not now. I supporting the right of the child to see and know their father. That is it.

While I acknowledge that abortion is has a permanent effect on a developing fetus, I do not place any spiritual value on a few cells strung together with no sense of self bringing it to the level of "murder."

I don't place any spiritual value on anything. When you're asleep or under anesthesia you have "no sense of self" either.

I wasn't talking about any specific age of human because I don't think we should discriminate like you advocate above.

Might as well say we are murdering protozoans when we boil water to purify it.

You can't murder a protozoan. You can murder a human.

Wow....just wow.... Murder someone because she got raped? Yeah...that's justice.....

A two month fetus is hardly "someone".
Better that than life in disgrace.

A two month fetus is hardly "someone".

People always say that about the social undesirables they want dead or exploited. But you're wrong just the same.

Better that than life in disgrace.

What "disgrace?" Being a charitable human being in an entirely sympathetic situation is disgraceful? Ugh.

I have not and I am not now. I supporting the right of the child to see and know their father. That is it.

Know their father.

"Your father raped me, and now here you are. I'll take you up to the prison to see him. Maybe he'll teach you how to be a compassionate and resourceful human being. "

No Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom