• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

human rights ?[W:143:203]

Re: human rights ?

A two month fetus is hardly "someone".
Better that than life in disgrace.

:roll: Yeah, because the shame of being conceived by rape is just so horrible that you don't even want to live anymore.

Yes, it is. You can give the rapist a medal if you wish.

Yeah, because not agreeing with your suggestion that "raising a kid you didn't plan on and didn't consent to create is disgraceful," we want to give rapists medals.

That makes sense. :roll:

(This should really be in the Rape subforum, which still needs to be created by the way.)

Last edited:

'because she got raped?' You infer that rape is so commonplace and nondescript.
A brutal rape can scar a person for life leaving emotional, mental and physical scars. The trauma can be much worse than a physical injury.
Why should any woman be forced to give birth to a rapist's baby just to make you and people like you feel better about yourselves. You obviously don't give a mink's arse about the women.

I don't place any spiritual value on anything. When you're asleep or under anesthesia you have "no sense of self" either.

I wasn't talking about any specific age of human because I don't think we should discriminate like you advocate above.

You can't murder a protozoan. You can murder a human.

LOL "Discriminate?" You can't discriminate against a bundle of cells with no brain to experience consciousness... Until a fetus is fully formed it's just a collection of growing cells inside a woman's uterus, not much different from any other cells other than having the "potential" to form a human being.

Thanks for proving my point...you can't murder a protozoan, nor aparently any other life-form you don't classify as "human." A fetus in it's initial stages of growth is not human, only a growth of cells with the potential to become human. Therefore, you are not murdering anyone at that point in time. Hence, raped or not, a woman can choose to eliminate this growth as easily she would expect to of a cancer she does not want growing within her.

:roll: Yeah, because the shame of being conceived by rape is far worse than being able to experience this life.

You watch what you wish for. Or your wish might come true in your next life. :shrug:

'because she got raped?' You infer that rape is so commonplace and nondescript.
A brutal rape can scar a person for life leaving emotional, mental and physical scars. The trauma can be much worse than a physical injury.
Why should any woman be forced to give birth to a rapist's baby just to make you and people like you feel better about yourselves. You obviously don't give a mink's arse about the women.

I don't agree with you that the appropriate solution to awful, needless violence is more egregious, irrevocable violence taken against an innocent third party.

LOL "Discriminate?" You can't discriminate against a bundle of cells with no brain to experience consciousness...

And yet you just did. You're calling a living human being a "bundle of cells," like you're somehow something more than a bundle of cells - pro-tip: you ain't.

A fetus in it's initial stages of growth is not human

Just more discrimination, blatantly ignorant of scientific fact.

Did I ever say the rapist was in the right? No, they deserve prison.

Apparently some of them think executions for the sins of the father are somehow just.

Apparently some of them think executions for the sins of the father are somehow just.

Being a father is so much more than impregnating a woman, you know. :roll:
In this case we are talking criminal.

You watch what you wish for. Or your wish might come true in your next life. :shrug:

I'm not wishing for anything.

In terms of social expectations, maybe.

Biologically? Nope.

In any event, yes, you do want a kid to be killed because of something its father did. And well, that's ****ty.

Last edited:

It's really not. :shrug:

I have not and I am not now. I supporting the right of the child to see and know their father. That is it.

I apologize for making the post as it really goes against my better judgment for even responding. HOWEVER...

Although I'm amazed and in awe of your lack of support a woman who is a victim of a violent crime...over the support of a violent perpetrator...ONLY BECAUSE the crime resulted in a unwanted conception...I'm not at all surprised because this is by far not the first time you've made similar comments.

You continue to show no regard for a raped woman...DESPITE KNOWING..there wasn't a consent to sex. You often claim that women who have consensual sex...is automatic consent to a pregnancy where she likes it or not...but if you must stick with this nonsensical belief that a woman should give birth as a result of a rape...AND IMPOSE FATHERHOOD RIGHTS OVER HER RIGHTS...GIVE VISITATION RIGHTS.....then I must say I have zero respect for you as a person.

Henrin...of all of the interactions that you and I have had in the abortion forum. *You've never explained why you value a fetus over a born person.

And more to the topic.

Explain to us all Henrin...why would you possibly value a conception over a women who conceived as a result of a very violent crime perpetrated against her?

I implore you to step up and out of the usual ways that you tangent...and give a direct, clear, concise answer...

Edit: You want to be morally outraged about something? Be morally outraged that, in 31 states, a rapist has just as much right to a child carried to term as the mom. If that isn't the epitome of disrespect to women, I don't know what​ is.

Please note that, at least in this thread, the only support for that is coming from posters who are pro-abortion banning. Pro-choicers are opposed to parental rights for rapists.

Just sayin'

And yet you just did. You're calling a living human being a "bundle of cells," like you're somehow something more than a bundle of cells - pro-tip: you ain't.

You are calling a group of cells that have yet to make up a funtioning body with a brain capable of being self-conscious a human being. That indicates a belief that such cells are a human being at conception, which supposes some mystical or magical spiritual gift of life unique to what you call "human being." I, on the other hand, am a bundle of cells with the abilities of existing on my own, communicating, thinking, feeling, etc. etc. etc., the whole gamut of life-functions that make one a human. Fetal growth during the first tri-mester is just a gathering and organizing of cells with none of those capabilities....

Just more discrimination, blatantly ignorant of scientific fact.

...fully in keeping with medical and "scientific" fact. It is no more "murder" at that stage of development than clipping a toenail.

You are calling a group of cells that have yet to make up a funtioning body with a brain capable of being self-conscious a human being.

Every living member of the species Homo sapiens is in layman's terms a "human being."

You are "a group of cells." All of us are.

That indicates a belief that such cells are a human being at conception

I don't believe that scientific fact; I know it. I know it because I paid attention in class. Maybe you should have?

You'll never get a response in support of women who have conceived as a result of a violent crime perpetrated against them...from Jay or Henrin...obviously. So...you'll have to consider what the responses are and determine if you see any chance of getting any type meaningful outcome from these exchanges. My best guess is: NONE!

You'll never get a response in support of women who have conceived as a result of a violent crime perpetrated against them...from Jay or Henrin...obviously.

What a filthy, stupid lie. Victims of violent crime do deserve our support and our sympathy; in this case they are likely to have a charitable need.

Of course, in your warped mind, we only "support" others by letting them needlessly kill innocents.

Yep, in fact someone on this board implied that I must be racist since I am white and my great grandfather's probably had slaves..... good grief. One sin does not justify another, AND, one sin from a family member does not make the other family member guilty.

Of course, in your warped mind, we only "support" others by letting them needlessly kill innocents.

How many "innocents" (children of rape) have you adopted for the sake of society? I'm sure many raped mothers will gladly hand them to you.

Last edited:

Who you heard of is irrelevant.

She is on TV representing the tea party and their members.

If Hillary was on TV and said the same thing, you can be damn sure she wouldn't be representing democrats again.

She's a "news director" and journalist, not an elected official or representative. This is like claiming that Chris Matthews speaks for thousands of people.

How many children of rape have you adopted for the sake of society?

:roll:

We donate what we can afford to donate. We're not required to donate any particular amount, nor are we required to adopt any quantity of those whom we don't want violently and needlessly killed.

Funnily enough, I don't want a lot of humans needlessly and violently killed. By your standard, I should approve of the killing of anyone I can't afford to assume room and board costs for. Nah. Seems like a bad way to run a justice system.

I apologize for making the post as it really goes against my better judgment for even responding. HOWEVER...

Although I'm amazed and in awe of your lack of support a woman who is a victim of a violent crime...over the support of a violent perpetrator...ONLY BECAUSE the crime resulted in a unwanted conception...I'm not at all surprised because this is by far not the first time you've made similar comments.

Yes, I have made such comments before that are in support of children knowing their father. Surprise?

You continue to show no regard for a raped woman...DESPITE KNOWING..there wasn't a consent to sex. You often claim that women who have consensual sex...is automatic consent to a pregnancy where she likes it or not...but if you must stick with this nonsensical belief that a woman should give birth as a result of a rape...AND IMPOSE FATHERHOOD RIGHTS OVER HER RIGHTS...GIVE VISITATION RIGHTS.....then I must say I have zero respect for you as a person.

How many times are you going to make up crap about me? I have never said that consent to sex is consent to pregnancy. If you lack an argument, don't make one. Don't just run in making up a bunch of stuff.

Impose fatherhood rights. :roll: I'm not imposing anything, but simply recognizing the rights of all parties involved.

Henrin...of all of the interactions that you and I have had in the abortion forum. *You've never explained why you value a fetus over a born person.

I don't value a fetus over a born person, so exactly why would I explain that position to you as if I did?

And more to the topic.

Explain to us all Henrin...why would you possibly value a conception over a women who conceived as a result of a very violent crime perpetrated against her?

I implore you to step up and out of the usual ways that you tangent...and give a direct, clear, concise answer...

Yes, how could I possibly support life. How ridiculously absurd of me to even suggest it's wrong to kill your own flesh and blood. Honestly, why would I agree to further violence being done? Your choice doesn't make a lick of sense. There is no reason for me to say that it's fine for her to kill her unborn child. None.

Back
Top Bottom