• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would you feel about teaching firearm safety in public schools?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

How would you feel about teaching firearm safety in public schools?​

renderTimingPixel.png

How would you feel about teaching firearm safety and proper firearm handling (for older kids) in public schools?

Like an elective?

Or like a military state,where it's mandatory?

Given the rise in school shootings we might have to go with that since we can't seem to keep the guns out of children's hands. With less regulations and gun laws, it might be necessary so that adults can have their toys.

Are you thinking they won't use them to off themselves, or their classmates with lessons on gun safety?

Like an elective?

Given the rise in school shootings we might have to go with that since we can't seem to keep the guns out of children's hands. With less regulations and gun laws, it might be necessary so that adults can have their toys.

Are you thinking they won't use them to off themselves, or their classmates with lessons on gun safety?
Off topic : is your signature tongue-in-cheek?

renderTimingPixel.png

How would you feel about teaching firearm safety and proper firearm handling (for older kids) in public schools?
as a highschool elective wouldn't bother me one bit 🤷‍♂️ but money, space, faculty are always a concern and it would rank pretty far down the totem pole

Off topic : is your signature tongue-in-cheek?
Shit, it should be but I was drinking Ginger Ale at the time of sign up. Dang it!!

renderTimingPixel.png

Going by the news, lots of parents aren't qualified and/or not inclined to teach it so yeah, in a country with so many guns somebody better do it.

Sure, as an elective, with signed parent permission form, no penalty for choosing not to.

Like an elective?

My kids were taught at a young age to respect firearms.

All three got a daisy red rider for their fourth birthdays…

I have always kept loaded guns around the house and never had an issue with the kids touching them when they where not supposed to…

Let's start the lucky kids off with some shooter games so they can practice in a safe environment. :) Then we can move them outside to cans.

My kids were taught at a young age to respect firearms.

All three got a daisy red rider for their fourth birthdays…

I have always kept loaded guns around the house and never had an issue with the kids touching them when they where not supposed to…
Good for you!

Because you know...every year in our country about 350 kids gain access to their parents guns and unintentionally kill or injure themselves or someone else. They're much more likely to kill themselves when there's a gun in the home.

That's why I asked, does the op think this would cut down on suicide. I was met with a rip and a tear but, I think it's a valid question.

renderTimingPixel.png

There are far more important skills that kids need to learn than how to fire a gun.

Good for you!

Because you know...every year in our country about 350 kids gain access to their parents guns and unintentionally kill or injure themselves or someone else. They're much more likely to kill themselves when there's a gun in the home.

That's why I asked, does the op think this would cut down on suicide. I was met with a rip and a tear but, I think it's a valid question.
I picked four years old because they couldn’t **** a daisy red rider on there own.

They were taught gun safety before they could operate a firearm on there own…

I picked four years old because they couldn’t **** a daisy red rider on there own.

They were taught gun safety before they could operate a firearm on there own…
If you're going to own them, then I think it's a good idea.

Like an elective?

"Military state??" Isn't that just a tad hyperbolic?

It is grossly naive to think that teaching gun safety to kids has to be done by putting guns in the hands of children.

"Military state??" Isn't that just a tad hyperbolic?

It is grossly naive to think that teaching gun safety to kids has to be done by putting guns in the hands of children.
The OP didn't state it as an elective. I had to ask.

I am all for teaching gun safety to our children. It's no different than teaching them about playing in the street or safety around water or electricity or fire.

You lay a foundation of respect for such things early on and they are far more likely to actually have respect for those things later on.

I think it should be required for graduation.

There was a time where I would have said that was a good idea. Today...those already inclined towards firearm operation are likely already getting safe handling instructions from family and frankly, considering how rapidly the idiot left has permeated high schools caused an ever growing number of mentally and emotionally weak teens...I think it would likely cause more harm than good.

Time was we actually had live firing ranges in our schools. Rifle clubs, and the like. It was not only sanctioned by the schools but facilitated by them as well.

Fact is, kids CAN have guns or be around guns and treat them with respect and not be likely to use them on their classmates or themselves. We should all know this because it was once like this in our country and we didn't need a gajillion asinine and redundant laws to make it work.

Reactions: PoS
There was a time where I would have said that was a good idea. Today...those already inclined towards firearm operation are likely already getting safe handling instructions from family and frankly, considering how rapidly the idiot left has permeated high schools caused an ever growing number of mentally and emotionally weak teens...I think it would likely cause more harm than good.
So, if were just Republican kids it would be a "hell yeah" but since Liberals kids are in there it's a "no dice?"

So, if were just Republican kids it would be a "hell yeah" but since Liberals kids are in there it's a "no dice?"
You didnt see me say anything about liberals.

Back
Top Bottom