• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will the republican voting base react to the fact that they are dying out?

How will conservatives react to become more and more of a minority?

• They will grumble, but will peacefully respect the will of the people

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • They will double down on gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • They will blatantly violate the constitution, and try to reinstate Jim Crow era laws

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There will be a huge uptick in domestic terrorism

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • There will be full blown civil war. The south will become a radioactive wasteland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I will admit my GPA isn't the highest right now, but that's what happens when you choose a attend an elite institution like the University of Michigan

That's as good an excuse as any. ;)

"Elite"? It's 29th in national ranking and just recently began to be a little more selective in it's enrollment. Making bonehead History, Math and English courses a must.

He's also probably pursuing a degree in social justice or something similar.

Oh you'll have plenty to worry about when we vote en masse just as older white men start dying off.

Illustrating that you don't really hang around much with older folks of any skin color. :mrgreen:

He's also probably pursuing a degree in social justice or something similar.

We used to call those sorts of degrees "Advanced Basket Weaving". About as useful in the real world.

We used to call those sorts of degrees "Advanced Basket Weaving". About as useful in the real world.

Yea the degrees that the best college athletes took because they were there just to springboard their career in professional sports.

Oh you'll have plenty to worry about when we vote en masse just as older white men start dying off.

Lol !!

First...
The Republican Wave Sweeps the Midterm Elections - The Atlantic

Yep, the GOP is dying off alright :roll:

Do you know why the Democrats got their asses handed to them in the 2014 Midterms ?

Because the Liberal Left wing agenda when applied " en masse " doesn't fix economic disparity, it creates it.

It doesn't heal racial strife or improve race relations, it makes them much much worse and then exploits that division for Political gain

It doesn't lead to progress, it perpetuates mediocrity and the more Americans that are afflicted by its disastrous consequences the greater the push back in terms of votes for the Party that oppsoes it

It has its own self destruct mechanism built right into it because it never delivers what it promises. On the contrary.

It a ideology for the naive who see the world in very simple terms . Thats why people grow out of it and become more Conservative as they age

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death - Salon.com

The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally. - POLITICO Magazine

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

It's Official: The U.S. is Becoming a Minority-Majority Nation | US News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ficantly-more-progressive-than-their-parents/

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

Donald Trump's nomination is the answer to your question.

I will admit my GPA isn't the highest right now, but that's what happens when you choose a attend an elite institution like the University of Michigan

How to get your GPA up ? More time studying and less time spamming internet forums

Lol !!

First...

Do you know why the Democrats got their asses handed to them in the 2014 Midterms ?

Because the Liberal Left wing agenda when applied " en masse " doesn't fix economic disparity, it creates it.

It doesn't heal racial strife or improve race relations, it makes them much much worse and then exploits that division for Political gain

It doesn't lead to progress, it perpetuates mediocrity and the more Americans that are afflicted by its disastrous consequences the greater the push back in terms of votes for the Party that oppsoes it

It has its own self destruct mechanism built right into it because it never delivers what it promises. On the contrary.

It a ideology for the naive who see the world in very simple terms . Thats why people grow out of it and become more Conservative as they age

You know why the gop won the 2014 elections? Most of the open seats were in red states. Most young, educated voters didn't turn out because they had to go to work or class. And voter disenfranchisement laws.

You know why the gop won the 2014 elections? Most of the open seats were in red states. Most young, educated voters didn't turn out because they had to go to work or class. And voter disenfranchisement laws.

Oh really?

You sure it didn't have to do with the fact they literally had zero to run on, no successes to point to in terms of Obama's policy decisions ?

Or the fact that the Democrats were forced to reduce their stump speeches down to blatant pandering and identity politics because both Obama and his signature legislation were huge liabilities?

I remember Democrats pretending like ObamaCare didn't exist and I remember they were going to turn Texas " Blue ".

We're Redder now, we gained more GOP seats in our legislator, go figure

Classes don't start for another two months.

So? Your grades were bad weren't they? Doesn't that mean you have much you didn't understand?

Whats your major? Nevermind, no matter what it is the more advanced classes build upon the ones you didn't do well in. There is ALWAYS more to study.

How about you go prepare to impress your NEXT professors on day 1?

Voter suppression laws to thwart will of the majority.
Denial

And that would be another lie.

General elections in the United States were held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, and other elections were being held throughout the year. During this midterm election year, all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate were contested; along with 38 state and territorial governorships, 46 state legislatures (except Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, and Virginia),[1] four territorial legislatures, and numerous state and local races.

Why lie?

And that would be another lie.

General elections in the United States were held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, and other elections were being held throughout the year. During this midterm election year, all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate were contested; along with 38 state and territorial governorships, 46 state legislatures (except Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, and Virginia),[1] four territorial legislatures, and numerous state and local races.

Why lie?

Because that's all liberals know how to do?

Voter suppression laws to thwart will of the majority.
Denial

That's what I figured.

Please retract your claim "You know why the gop won the 2014 elections? Most of the open seats were in red states" for it was complete BS.

Most of the open seats in the SENATE were in red states.

The election was ALL SEATS in the house in addition to PART of the Senate.

Please show where the most of ALL the seats were red states.

I never said that. I said that almost all the open senate seats were in red states, and that that's why the gop won the senate. The gop won the house due to gerrymandering.

Lol !!

First...

It doesn't lead to progress, it perpetuates mediocrity and the more Americans that are afflicted by its disastrous consequences the greater the push back in terms of votes for the Party that opposes it

It a ideology for the naive who see the world in very simple terms . Thats why
people grow out of it and become more Conservative as they age

When people get old enough they die. Wait and see.

If you have information to the contrary,let's see it.

:lol:

Everyone who's ever been born has eventually died up to right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom