• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How White journalists fail in their Coverage of Vice President Kamala Harris

Let's see, we can pick the worst running mate in recent history. Someone who was FIRST out of the primary. That's a winning idea.

Don't forget to thank him for bringing back Isis and re-enabling the Taliban.

Isis was never gone. Taliban was coming back the moment we left. Try again.

Gabbard didn't "Toe The Line", so she was deemed "irrelevant" to the DNC.

Gabbard's too busy on Newsmax reciting right wing talking points she's paid to recite.

Last edited:
Proving it to you how, exactly? Your account was created on December 15, 2021. You don't know me, and you obviously don't know all the things I utterly failed to say about Melania and thus do not know that they were neither "racist" nor sexist". Right?

Right?

As you chew on that, consider the sheer idiocy of trying to convince people who stand against ism that they are on a deluded quest by calling things that aren't racist "racist" and calling things sexist that aren't "sexist".

Buffoons will see it and cheer, even high-fiving you for the brilliant maneuver. But it works on literally no one who understands that those things are wrong.

No one.

PS: Do you know the word "irony"?

PSS: Do you know where the picture you use as avatar comes from?

PSSS: Hey, do I know you already?

:unsure:

PSSSS: And I didn't mention the "look at what you made me do!" set-up either. Oops. Just did it.

A lot of "new accounts" here reciting the Newsmax and OANN talking points of the day.

Makes you wonder...

A lot of "new accounts" here reciting the Newsmax and OANN talking points of the day.

Makes you wonder...

Oh, not much to wonder about...

Want to spread your site? Get some interns to spend days crapping everywhere on the internet in between doing tasks. They do it. Then between that whole "being Trump's keyboard warriors" thing and the usual Fox/etc agenda, you have an army.

Of keyboard warriors. The ones Trump talked about wanting to go to work.

It's the biggest gaslighting operation in existence and the only clever thing about it is it's finally realized what the abuser does: there needs to be >50% of individuals who recognize abuse.

If 40% are into abuse and 10-15% say "ehhh..that's just partisan rancor. I got Trump out, I don't care anymore".... fertile. He got elected with less. This is bad.

Oh, not much to wonder about...

Want to spread your site? Get some interns to spend days crapping everywhere on the internet in between doing tasks. They do it. Then between that whole "being Trump's keyboard warriors" thing and the usual Fox/etc agenda, you have an army.

Of keyboard warriors. The ones Trump talked about wanting to go to work.

It's the biggest gaslighting operation in existence and the only clever thing about it is it's finally realized what the abuser does: there needs to be >50% of individuals who recognize abuse.

If 40% are into abuse and 10-15% say "ehhh..that's just partisan rancor. I got Trump out, I don't care anymore".... fertile. He got elected with less. This is bad.

They are all over YouTube too. You can't go on any political video without the comment section being infested with Pro Trump trolling nonsense.

If she were white she wouldn't have a job and yet she feels highly aggrieved. I'm always confused by her. This blog post from what is presumably her staff exemplifies that.
Joy Reid is an anti-American, racist propagandist.

She is a child of immigrants (Congo and British Guiana).

Her family was given full legal rights as a GIFT from us.

She is the Ilhan Omar of MSNBC.

If she’s so miserable here why not return to the country of her ancestors.

She hates blacks. She desperately wants to be white but she hates whites. She is so confused

BTW she's not dumb Reid is purposefully ignorant. I think Kamala is too dumb to know the difference.

Its amazing how powerful the media has become in the fast paced, quick hitting way people receive their news these days. So its easy to avoid holding her to any acceptable level of performance. The race card is still king though

Why amazing? It's been happening for centuries! Word of mouth "truths" are very dangerous for the simple fact that they are NOT versed in authoritative supportive information.

Which is why in a modern Debate Forum any argument should have a backstop that supports the accuracy and truthfulness of what is being said by whoever posts it. Meaning what?

This: We should all try to underscore our sentiments in debate by factual evidence supporting our argumentation ...

WHAT your really saying is you would like them criticised more for no reason because you hate democrats .
Am I to believe you would rather have black journalists being more active?
How long have republicans relied on blacks for an opinion?
You must be kidding.
Its amazing how powerful the media has become in the fast paced, quick hitting way people receive their news these days. So its easy to avoid holding her to any acceptable level of performance. The race card is still king though
==================

To be clear, I’m not saying Harris is immune to valid criticism. I’m saying white members of the press routinely demonstrate an unwillingness, or inability, to reckon with the entirety of Harris’ experience as a Black public figure in the predominantly white world of politics. Despite their haughty tone and their self-assuredness, there’s a complexity missing from their coverage that’s glaring to anyone who’s experienced inequality.

I’ve found far more astute political critiques about Harris and the Biden administration while waiting in line at my local grocery store than I ever could in the pages of The Wall Street Journal — in part, because the people of Harlem recognize truths that the Peggy Noonans of the world don’t: that racism and sexism pervade American politics.

Perhaps it’s Noonan who could use some humbling.

Here's a bit less "emotion" and more factual-evidence regarding the subject-individual excerpted from Wikipedia: Controversies

AWESOME

I detest Harris. And not just because she's a woman.

I detest US-males who admire women but are now afraid of the competition since many have attained the same level of intelligence-quotient and/or job-experience by means of a post-secondary education.

The competition for higher-incomes is AWESOME whether male-male or male-female. But the ladies don't play the same silly-games as us guys! Especially in a work-environment that has a very high-incidence of competition for higher-salaries. So, why not stop with the BS about "women not fit for the job"?

From here: Ambition is not the problem: Women want the top jobs—they just don’t get them

Excerpt:

Women in the U.S. make up nearly half of the entry-level workforce, but comprise only a fifth of the C-suite. Yet any assumption that this scarcity at the top is due to a lack of ambition is wrong, according to CNBC and SurveyMonkey’s new Women at Work survey.

Among the 1,068 working U.S. women who participated in the survey, 54% said they are “very ambitious” when it comes to their career and 35% said they are “somewhat ambitious.” Meanwhile, just 3% said they’re “not ambitious at all.”

When asked, “What job level do you expect to be at in 10 years,” 15% of women between the ages of 18-44 said the C-suite. Yet, just 6% of S&P 500 companies have female CEOs, according to Catalyst, a global nonprofit organization that works to build equitable workplaces for women.

“It’s disappointing,” former finance executive Noreen Doyle tells CNBC Make It. The slow progress that’s been made diversifying senior leadership is a clear indication that “there are a lot of subtle ways where men have been advantaged over women,” she says.

Survey-CTG%20(1).1583422622492.png

'Nuff said ... ?

WOMEN HAVE WAYS

If she were white she wouldn't have a job and yet she feels highly aggrieved.

Useless presumption on your part. She has aptly proven she knows what she's doing with "the news".

She gets the attention she wants - that's how you succeed in the "show-business" that news-reporting has become in America ...

I'm always confused by her. This blog post from what is presumably her staff exemplifies that.

Women have ways of "fooling around" with men in order to taunt them. It's both defensive and offensive in nature. Damn fewer men do the same thing because they "think its smart".

I frankly don't blame the women - they are accessing a higher range of income and they must stop fooling around with men professionally.

That's going to be difficult but work-and-sex just don't go together - neither on the shop-floor nor in the office ...

WOMEN HAVE WAYS

Useless presumption on your part. She has aptly proven she knows what she's doing.

She gets the attention she wants - that's how you succeed in the "show-business" that professional reporting has become in America ...

Women have ways of "fooling around" with men in order to taunt them. It's both defensive and offensive in nature.

I frankly don't blame them. The nonsense has to stop somehow somewhere ...

,n;,
This seems a little sexist to me.

Life is sexist* in nature.

Haven't you noticed the difference between the "sexes" ... ?

*Definition of sexist: Characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Apparently your Russian to English translator needs some adjustment.
emnofseattle said:
Whites are the one group whom racism against is socially acceptable
There is no definitive articles in the Russian language and thus a translated Russian to English phrase would not include the word “the”

As a citizen of California I think the press hasn't been hard enough on this total disaster of a vice president. She is probably the worst decision sleepy Joe Biden has ever made. If Black democrat voters had looked closer at her record, even they would not have voted for her.

I never thought it possible, but Harris is more unpopular than Hillary was.

There is no definitive articles in the Russian language and thus a translated Russian to English phrase would not include the word “the”
I understand you need to add DA's to make your translations less obvious, but the "the" was not the "tell".

Get a dictionary of the English-language!

Definition: sexist = characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Now, do show me how those words apply to my posts ...

PS: Where did you learn English? I learned mine in the US!

GETTING THE FACTS RIGHT

I never thought it possible, but Harris is more unpopular than Hillary was.

Because you are looking in the wrong places?

From here: Is Kamala Harris’s Popularity Level a Problem for Democrats?

Excerpt:

It’s important to note from the get-go that only a handful of public-opinion outlets regularly test the popularity of the vice-president. So this or that assertion about her popularity is by necessity based on limited data. RealClearPolitics has just three pollsters with favorability numbers on Harris since January, and just two since mid-June. One of the most regular barometers of her popularity, the Economist/YouGov tracking poll, showed Harris’s favorability ratio at 48 percent favorable/46 percent unfavorable in early March and at 46 percent favorable/48 percent unfavorable in late July. If, as one Federalist article recently claimed, Harris’s popularity is “plummeting,” it’s not showing up there. But the more relevant issue is how Harris compares to other prominent pols and to her most recent predecessors.

The most recent Politico-Morning Consult tracking poll that shows Harris at an unimpressive 46 percent/47 percent favorability ratio places her predecessor Mike Pence at 43 percent/48 percent and her disparager-in-chief Donald Trump at 43 percent/54 percent. She’s not as popular as Joe Biden (whose approval ratio is 52 percent/45 percent), but is more popular than Nancy Pelosi (36 percent/55 percent), Chuck Schumer (31 percent/42 percent), Kevin McCarthy (25 percent/41 percent), or Mitch McConnell (25 percent/55 percent). Harris’s favorability ratio is actually identical to that of Democrats in Congress, which suggests that far from being a handicap for Democrats, she is herself perceived as a generic Democrat.

Comparisons of Harris to her vice-presidential predecessors are tricky, because in less polarized times they often started with high favorability before slumping later. Joe Biden’s favorability ratio per Gallup was 53 percent/29 percent in January of 2009; 48 percent/26 percent in July of 2009, and then down to 42 percent/40 percent — roughly where Harris is now — by that October. At that point his favorable rating was 13 points lower than Barack Obama’s, which makes the current seven-point gap between Biden and Harris looks less formidable.

It is a key-importance to get one's facts straight or the possibility of spreading bullshat expands astronomically in a public-forum! It is also crucial to take into consideration the fact that the Covid-killer could have a tremendous influence on public-sentiment in general.

Given the impact upon said sentiment that is possible in a Covid-context any speculation regarding public sentiment presently of politicians is suspect - Right, Left or Center. And, frankly, any present disfavor should not be taken too seriously.

However, if there is no "resurrection" favoring the Dems in power by midyear, then clearly they will have difficulties in winning reelection ...

Gabbard's too busy on Newsmax reciting right wing talking points she's paid to recite.
Instead of the left wing talking points that you never stop reciting?

Well, someone woke up from their nap in the echo chamber,

You may not have noticed, but this is a DEBATE Forum and not a Message Board ... ?

==================

To be clear, I’m not saying Harris is immune to valid criticism. I’m saying white members of the press routinely demonstrate an unwillingness, or inability, to reckon with the entirety of Harris’ experience as a Black public figure in the predominantly white world of politics. Despite their haughty tone and their self-assuredness, there’s a complexity missing from their coverage that’s glaring to anyone who’s experienced inequality.

I’ve found far more astute political critiques about Harris and the Biden administration while waiting in line at my local grocery store than I ever could in the pages of The Wall Street Journal — in part, because the people of Harlem recognize truths that the Peggy Noonans of the world don’t: that racism and sexism pervade American politics.

Perhaps it’s Noonan who could use some humbling.

Normal people don't look at skin color while choosing how to speak to anyone.

Woke white liberals are the ones that have to continuously check their mental rule books on people of color before engaging with them.

It's almost sickening to watch and listen too.

Back
Top Bottom