• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How White journalists fail in their Coverage of Vice President Kamala Harris

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Its amazing how powerful the media has become in the fast paced, quick hitting way people receive their news these days. So its easy to avoid holding her to any acceptable level of performance. The race card is still king though
==================

To be clear, I’m not saying Harris is immune to valid criticism. I’m saying white members of the press routinely demonstrate an unwillingness, or inability, to reckon with the entirety of Harris’ experience as a Black public figure in the predominantly white world of politics. Despite their haughty tone and their self-assuredness, there’s a complexity missing from their coverage that’s glaring to anyone who’s experienced inequality.

I’ve found far more astute political critiques about Harris and the Biden administration while waiting in line at my local grocery store than I ever could in the pages of The Wall Street Journal — in part, because the people of Harlem recognize truths that the Peggy Noonans of the world don’t: that racism and sexism pervade American politics.

Perhaps it’s Noonan who could use some humbling.

To be clear, I’m not saying Harris is immune to valid criticism. I’m saying white members of the press routinely demonstrate an unwillingness, or inability, to reckon with the entirety of Harris’ experience as a Black public figure in the predominantly white world of politics. Despite their haughty tone and their self-assuredness, there’s a complexity missing from their coverage that’s glaring to anyone who’s experienced inequality.
It is precisely because of such opuses that America is still a racist country.
The author has no evidence that the journalists are white, colored (or maybe one of them is a descendant of Saomi, which is quite difficult to attribute to white with all the external similarities)... except for the haughty and arrogant tone... um... or maybe he's always like this, regardless of the context?
Where is the author of the proof of racism, the edge of your feelings just below the back and what did you hear?
At the same time, you write an openly racist post, accusing whites of racism and bias against people of color, while there is no evidence of your words, except for a fantastically strained "arrogance"... in a number of countries, this is called incitement to racial hatred. But again, in the USA it is possible.

The author has no evidence that the journalists are white, colored (or maybe one of them is a descendant of Saomi, which is quite difficult to attribute to white with all the external similarities)... except for the haughty and arrogant tone... um... or maybe he's always like this, regardless of the context?
Where is the author of the proof of racism, the edge of your feelings just below the back and what did you hear?
At the same time, you write an openly racist post, accusing whites of racism and bias against people of color, while there is no evidence of your words, except for a fantastically strained "arrogance"... in a number of countries, this is called incitement to racial hatred. But again, in the USA it is possible.
Well said Fabiusbile, much better than I could have done. Hopefully, you have shut is racist mouth.

Well said Fabiusbile, much better than I could have done. Hopefully, you have shut is racist mouth.
Pointing out Harris incompetence is not racist. It’s what we call critical feedback.

Its amazing how powerful the media has become in the fast paced, quick hitting way people receive their news these days. So its easy to avoid holding her to any acceptable level of performance. The race card is still king though
==================

I’ve found far more astute political critiques about Harris and the Biden administration while waiting in line at my local grocery store than I ever could in the pages of The Wall Street Journal — in part, because the people of Harlem recognize truths that the Peggy Noonans of the world don’t: that racism and sexism pervade American politics.

Maybe it's a reaction to the stream of asinine and racist criticism coming from conservatives.
https://hannity.com/media-room/watc...d-by-charing-an-electric-car-theres-no-fumes/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-cookware-parisian-shop-us-economic-uncertainty
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk...ck-woman-trope-against-kamala-harris-n1236975
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-echoes-fringe-birther-attack-harris-n1236701

Election interference professionals are giving her plenty of coverage, though.

'Member all the Trumpists who delight in calling her "Cumala" or "Kumala"?

'Member all the Trumpists who delight in calling her "Ho" because she's a woman who - this is horrible - had sex?

Now... whatcha wanna bet that they also happened to be white and didn't just have a problem with her being a female?

'Member all the Trumpists who delight in calling her "Ho" because she's a woman who - this is horrible - had sex?

Now... whatcha wanna bet that they also happened to be white and didn't just have a problem with her being a female?
Kamala is an incompetent, pathetic waste of space which opens her up to all sorts of criticism because she is also such an easy target.

Kamala is an incompetent, pathetic waste of space which opens her up to all sorts of criticism because she is also such an easy target.
She's incompetent and a Kook....... NOT because she's black or a woman........but because she's incompetent and a KOOK!!!

Someone falling back on the Liberals' favorite chestnut: "Racist!"

As a Sami, I find this an interesting statement.....care to elaborate?

A good many non Trumpists think she's a loon as well.

Nice try with your usual race baiting Mr. Person

Why is white capitalized in the title? It's not an ethnicity or nationality. Usually it's capitalized because someone is pretending it's a nationality. Guess who.

==================

Gatekeeping nonsense. Perhaps Noonan should respond to Jones by saying that he doesn't understand what it's like being a white journalist writing about issues that involve wildly unpopular politicians doing horrible job without the victim brigade running around screeching racism and telling them which opinions they're allowed to express and which ones they're not.

Perhaps Joy Reid should stop criticizing white politicians as well since she can't comprehend their experience as a white politician.

Gatekeeping nonsense. Perhaps Noonan should respond to Jones by saying that he doesn't understand what it's like being a white journalist writing about issues that involve wildly unpopular politicians doing horrible job without the victim brigade running around screeching racism and telling them which opinions they're allowed to express and which ones they're not.

Perhaps Joy Reid should stop criticizing white politicians as well since she can't comprehend their experience as a white politician.
Joy Reid is a is your usual token black person set in place by her woke white liberal masters.

She couldn't formulate a complete sentence outside of race issues.

Can you guys realize that this poster is creating yet another thread about race (to change the conversation) and not take the bait for once?

I detest Harris. And not just because she's a woman.

Joyless Reid has no room to talk about racism period, seeing as she got busted for having past homophobic and anti-Jewish internet posts.

Joyless Reid has no room to talk about racism period, seeing as she got busted for having past homophobic and anti-Jewish internet posts.
If she were white she wouldn't have a job and yet she feels highly aggrieved. I'm always confused by her. This blog post from what is presumably her staff exemplifies that.

Back
Top Bottom