• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How sweet it is!!!!!

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Hoiw sweet it is not to see and hear Cindy Sheehan whinning on the liberal news every 5 minutes.........I have all the synpathy in the world for the people who were affected by the Hurricane disaster but if there is one good thing that has come up out it is that it has Shut up Sheehan.........

It's funny, but I actually agree with you on this one. We cannot pull out of Iraq before Iraq is ready. Her picketing was doing nothing but demoralizing the troops. :(

With all due respect I think it has very little to do with bringing the troops home from Iraq..........Cindy has become a tool of the far left who's whole mission is to make President Bush look bad........

Bush makes himself look bad enough, the far left didn't need Cindy at all.

Binary_Digit said:
Bush makes himself look bad enough, the far left didn't need Cindy at all.

That is your opinion.........I don't happen to agree with it....People on the left continue to make this president out as a dummy and to underestimate him.....Even after he has beaten them in 2 national elections and a mid term election in 2002 where his party picked up seats in both houses of the congress which is unheard of......Sure he is and old country boy as I am......Real Americans can relate to him as one of the guys........

I think he is dumb like a fox........as long as those on the left continue to underestimate him they will continue to lose.............

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Hoiw sweet it is not to see and hear Cindy Sheehan whinning on the liberal news every 5 minutes.........I have all the synpathy in the world for the people who were affected by the Hurricane disaster but if there is one good thing that has come up out it is that it has Shut up Sheehan.........

Oh sure, that's exactly what I was thinking too. Good thing this hurricane came around and killed potentially thousands of Americans so we don't have to hear the news talking about an anti-war woman. You know that button that says "power" on your TV? If you hit it, you don't have to listen to the news...

Kelzie said:
Oh sure, that's exactly what I was thinking too. Good thing this hurricane came around and killed potentially thousands of Americans so we don't have to hear the news talking about an anti-war woman. You know that button that says "power" on your TV? If you hit it, you don't have to listen to the news...

Like I said Kelzie I have all the sympathy in the world for the people that were affected by that hurricane.........................I mourn with them and pray for their dead......

That said you tell me to turn off my TV and I would not hear Sheehan........I should not have to do that...........I should be able to watch TV and not see the liberal media swoom all over Sheehan........If the situation was reversed and you had a person who was supporting the president you would hear very little about it............Last week 2,000 people met in Crawford to support the President.........At its height there were 300 people supportin Sheehan there............I saw very little news on the 2,000 people who supported the President but plenty of the Anti Bush crowd Including the Reverends (and I use the term loosely becasue neither have a church) Sharpton and Jackson......

Its just a relief to not see her face.........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
That is your opinion.........I don't happen to agree with it....People on the left continue to make this president out as a dummy and to underestimate him.....Even after he has beaten them in 2 national elections and a mid term election in 2002 where his party picked up seats in both houses of the congress which is unheard of......Sure he is and old country boy as I am......Real Americans can relate to him as one of the guys........

I think he is dumb like a fox........as long as those on the left continue to underestimate him they will continue to lose.............

Yeah right, a 'good ol country boy' from Kennebunkport, ME. and the memorial area mansions of Houston. He's 'one of the guys' if your a multi-millionaire

Ya think he knows how to saddle a horse?:lol:

BWG said:
Yeah right, a 'good ol country boy' from Kennebunkport, ME. and the memorial area mansions of Houston. He's 'one of the guys' if your a multi-millionaire

Ya think he knows how to saddle a horse?:lol:

Believe it or not all wealthy people are not bad..........We have the richest guy in the world that lives here in Seattle and gives millions to charities......His name is Bill gates............I personally would not call his ranch in Crawford Texas a mansion but maybe it is to you...........

You lefties hate him and there is nothing he could do short of suicide to make you happy........I don't know what your going to do when Jeb Bush is elected president in 2008..........:lol:

Navy Pride said:
Believe it or not all wealthy people are not bad

I don't think wealthy people are bad, I know 1 or 2 and they are indeed, very nice folks.

Navy Pride said:
We have the richest guy in the world that lives here in Seattle and gives millions to charities......His name is Bill gates

I think it's great that Bill Gates gives millions to charities and still has enough left over for a 'Happy Meal'. The wealthy and the poor that I know, also give their time and money to worthy causes and I'm more impressed with those that donate their time because they don't have that much money.

Navy Pride said:
I personally would not call his ranch in Crawford Texas a mansion but maybe it is to you...........

I've never been there, so I don't know what sort of sleeping quarters they have in Crawford, but I'm sure it is quite comfortable.

Navy Pride said:
You lefties hate him and there is nothing he could do short of suicide to make you happy........

What makes you think I'm a lefty? I don't hate him and certainly wish him no harm. He's just not my choice as a leader. I felt this way before he was Governor and even more so before he became President. All I can do is not give him my vote and I exercised my right to do just that.

Navy Pride said:
I don't know what your going to do when Jeb Bush is elected president in 2008..........:lol:

We'll have to wait and see on that one. Unless the dollar goes down the drain it won't effect me one way or the other, but if that happens we'll all be in pretty bad shape.

Owning a few acres doesn't make one a 'country boy'. That's one of his shticks to garner a few vote from the gullible.

[

Ya think he knows how to saddle a horse?
/QUOTE]

Is this not you putting him down because he is wealthy?:confused:

Did you have the same problem with Clinton and carter?

Navy Pride said:
[

Ya think he knows how to saddle a horse?
/QUOTE]

Is this not you putting him down because he is wealthy?:confused:

Did you have the same problem with Clinton and carter?

NAW, I don't buy the 'good ol country boy' routine. I know wealthy people that have 'hulled' peas, plucked chickens, harvest and shucked corn, that sort of thing. I don't believe he's into those kind of things, although I have seen him with a chainsaw, at least when the cameras were rolling.....LOL

Carter did own a peanut FARM.

Navy Pride said:

Just saw on the news. A couple from New Orleans describing the government response to the disaster as utterly shambolic !
Apparently also it was mentioned there has been a US Navy ship that has hospital beds & the ability to produce 100,000 gallons of freshwater per day & it's just been sat offshore doing nothing while people ashore have been dying of dehydration.
Reason = Bush it's commander in Chief is an inept cretin !
Incidently NPride this is not a party political view. I'd be happy to say the same about a democratic president if they had been so inept !
So don't bring the 'left v right' thing into it becuase that irrelevant.
The world is not a football match as you seem to see it with your 'My side are always good & worthy of my support & the other side are always bad' mentality you show !

Last edited:
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
That is your opinion.........I don't happen to agree with it....
Is this the more diplomatic Pride? Are you moving more centrist for a run in 2008?

robin said:
Just saw on the news. A couple from New Orleans describing the government response to the disaster as utterly shambolic !
Apparently also it was mentioned there has been a US Navy ship that has hospital beds & the ability to produce 100,000 gallons of freshwater per day & it's just been sat offshore doing nothing while people ashore have been dying of dehydration.
Reason = Bush it's commander in Chief is an inept cretin !
Incidently NPride this is not a party political view. I'd be happy to say the same about a democratic president if they had been so inept !
So don't bring the 'left v right' thing into it becuase that irrelevant.
The world is not a football match as you seem to see it with your 'My side are always good & worthy of my support & the other side are always bad' mentality you show !

Well try as hard as you want to blame the President for the Navy ship not providing the water you and your source are flat wrong.........The Commanding Officer of that ship has the authority to disperse that fresh water where needed.........He does have to wait for the President of the United States permission......

Secondly being EX Navy and serving on ships I know how much water the evaporators on ships can make and it is no where near 100,000 gallons a day so you so called source is wrong........

But lets get back on the subkect of shutting Cindy up.........Thanks.....

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
Is this the more diplomatic Pride? Are you moving more centrist for a run in 2008?

Billo as you are a far left Liberal I am a hard core Conservative and vote as and Independent.......Have voted for JFK, LBJ (a huge mistake) and locally for Senator "Scoop" Jackson and still vote for a democration Representative in Norm Dicks.........Don't agree with his stand on most social issues but he is hard core pro military and so am I.........

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Billo as you are a far left Liberal I am a hard core Conservative and vote as and Independent.......Have voted for JFK, LBJ (a huge mistake) and locally for Senator "Scoop" Jackson and still vote for a democration Representative in Norm Dicks.........Don't agree with his stand on most social issues but he is hard core pro military and so am I.........
You want to talk about mistakes, I voted for Reagan..........TWICE!

Anybody else feel like finishing with "to be loved by you" when they see this post?

Anyone? No?

Kelzie said:
Anybody else feel like finishing with "to be loved by you" when they see this post?

Anyone? No?
**** yeah James Taylor!!!

Kelzie said:

Anyone? No?
This is the first thread I have read. In fact, this is my first post on this forum -- and I've already gone through 2 bottles of aspirin. I can see why the country has such problems if this is the level of discourse. I am in a couple of other forums and have seen some shallow and useless postings, but never a 2 aspirin bottle thread.

Congratulations! I guess that's some kind of record!

Howard Beale said:
This is the first thread I have read. In fact, this is my first post on this forum -- and I've already gone through 2 bottles of aspirin. I can see why the country has such problems if this is the level of discourse. I am in a couple of other forums and have seen some shallow and useless postings, but never a 2 aspirin bottle thread.

You know, I hate to call someone out, but you did insult my forum, which I don't take lightly.

Seriously? Two bottles of aspirin? Are you typing from beyond the grave? Cause you sure as hell shouldn't be conscious.

And if you judge a forum based off of one thread, I guess you probably belong in this country that you think is shallow. It's called humor. Look it up. Believe it or not, we can try to make discussions a little more lively sometimes.

Howard Beale said:

Thank you. I just read this and had to drink three shots to get through it.

This is the problem. We dig up old wounds each and every day for no reason whatsoever instead of focusing on the issue of the day. Here, Navy Pride started a thread about Cindy not being on the news for no reason other than to satisfy a nerve in his head and dig up old wounds (to **** people off). That is not what we should do.

If anyone cares what Cindy is doing, she is traveling, I believe, via bus across the south and midwest promoting her anti-war message with what I can tell is a decent (not great) amount of support).

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I think I am just stunned at the way the New Orleans catastrophe is being handled -- not only by the government, but also by the media and to a great degree by a lot of us. When the World Trade Center was attacked, the Red Cross raised over $400 million dollars in the first week and $547 million in a month -- when they stopped taking donations. So far, for New Orleans, they have raised a little over $21 million...

Howard Beale said:
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I think I am just stunned at the way the New Orleans catastrophe is being handled -- not only by the government, but also by the media and to a great degree by a lot of us. When the World Trade Center was attacked, the Red Cross raised over $400 million dollars in the first week and $547 million in a month -- when they stopped taking donations. So far, for New Orleans, they have raised a little over $21 million...

I think we are all stunned. No hard feelings. Welcome to the forum. :2wave:

Didn't Congress just okay 10 billion in aid?

Howard Beale said:
that's a good point. I think to a large degree people aren't really shocked as much by human tragedies of huge scale. We've become a very callous nation.

I mean, christ, Rick Santorum has called to jail those who didn't respond to the evacuation notice.

Back
Top Bottom