• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How sweet it is!!!!!

Kelzie said:
I happen to have a very realistic view of the world. :2razz: That's why I want to change it you capitalist pig. :mrgreen:

Although, thanks for the pseudo-support....
It's as supportive as I can be, what can I say, I'm an asshole :)
I meant it to be actually supportive

Strange thing is I haven't mentioned Bush once. Although, since you ask, I believe all levels of government own a share in the responsibilty, and since he is at the top of the federal government, than the response is partially his fault.
I thought he was talking about Sheehan. Hmm, my answer still stand, mostly his fault.
Where in the hell is everyone meeting all these vegans?!? I haven't met one, and I go to CU Boulder.
Are you dead serious? My hometown was crawling with them! Our school had to start offering vegan food in the cafeteria there were so many of them! And I have to say that a lot of them do fall under the category of liberals that make me hate liberals, you know, rich kids from rich families who don't eat meat and talk about communism like it's so great, but obviously don't really support it cause they still keep all of their money.

I've really gotta say you're the only vegan that I only pretend to dislike :)
My dad always said "If you're make a life decision where people have negative stereotypes associated with it, then all you can do is don't live the stereotypes", although he was talking about tattoos and piercings, and how I shouldn't go around stabbing people with broken pool cues and such, but I think it applies here.

galenrox said:
It's as supportive as I can be, what can I say, I'm an asshole :)
I meant it to be actually supportive

No worries. Coming from you, I took it as a huge complement. :mrgreen:

galenrox said:
Are you dead serious? My hometown was crawling with them! Our school had to start offering vegan food in the cafeteria there were so many of them! And I have to say that a lot of them do fall under the category of liberals that make me hate liberals, you know, rich kids from rich families who don't eat meat and talk about communism like it's so great, but obviously don't really support it cause they still keep all of their money.

That annoys me. I have to search out vegan food in my cafeteria. It would be nice if they offered it. Although I suppose I can't expect the school to cater to the less than 1% of the class....:mrgreen:

Lot's of vegetarians though...I have to say, a little intolerant of me, but vegetarians annoy me more than omivores sometimes. They refuse to accept the idea that consuming milk supports the veal industry. They always counter with "but I can't live without milk/cheese/butter". Seriously, why even bother not eating meat than? At least omnivores are up front with not caring, and don't try to hide behind a label. The I'm-a-vegetarian-but-I-eat-fish-and-sometimes-chicken crowd bugs me too. Okay, done ranting I swear.

galenrox said:
I've really gotta say you're the only vegan that I only pretend to dislike :)
My dad always said "If you're make a life decision where people have negative stereotypes associated with it, then all you can do is don't live the stereotypes", although he was talking about tattoos and piercings, and how I shouldn't go around stabbing people with broken pool cues and such, but I think it applies here.

Yes, not stabbing people with pool cues is a good start. :lol:

And I agree. Very few people know I'm vegan, cause I hate preaching to people unless they either ask about it, or attack my life style. Preechy people suck, not matter what story they're selling.

gregg729 said:
cnredd - You're obviously a good friend to have. Good for her.

I've stated my opinions of vegans and would gladly.... GLADLY! love to be given a reason to alter my opinions of them. Just so you know, all that's required is to hear from one of them that doesn't blindly - BLINDLY! - subscribe to the same judgemental, stereotyping ideology as the dozens I've already met in person.

I could take this opportunity to describe all the delicious entrees I've had for dinner this week to cement in the vegans' minds how evil I am for denying myself of the natural human instinct to love meat. But seeing how I've made it clear that I've dared questioned their ideology, they already know I'm evil. :mrgreen:

Look, I'm sorry I don't have the internet savvy to wait until my 10,000th post to state this, but I think that the practice of veganism is silly, if not a personal health risk. And the political ideology one must subserve themselves to before being allowed into the "true" circle of Vegans, smacks of a Jonestown-style cult to me... More simply put, vegan-ism not much more, to me, than a psuedo-religious movement whose cult members sacrifice a healthy diet in order to prove to their superiors their shunning of the normal people in mainstream society and their devotion to radical left-wing social policies (in addition to a professed hatred of capitalism and anything pertaining to a free-market society, many of them will freely admit).

No, I'm sorry.... it just reeks of green-Nazism to me. I can't even try to respect a vegan - it's all I can do to be polite to them in person.

If you don't respect my opinions of them, that's fine - I really don't care. Since we're discussing a political/religious cult that is but a tiny fraction of society, I don't waste periods of free thought on irrelevant radical movements - and neither should you.

Wait...to become a vegan you have to join a political/religious cult?

I thought you just had to stop eating meat and dairy products? ****! There goes my plan for that diet.

And to think, I'm a reformed member of the Atkins cult, I didn't even see this coming...

RightatNYU said:
Wait...to become a vegan you have to join a political/religious cult?

I thought you just had to stop eating meat and dairy products? ****! There goes my plan for that diet.

And to think, I'm a reformed member of the Atkins cult, I didn't even see this coming...

Don't you know that doctors say it's better to stay fat than to go from diet to diet not to mention your mental state when you find yourself on the end of Tommy Smother's string? :duel :cool:

Originally posted by Kelzie:
No worries. Coming from you, I took it as a huge complement
What if it was from me?

Billo_Really said:
What if it was from me?

I take everything as a compliment...it makes my a happier person. ;)

Originally posted by Kelzie:
I take everything as a compliment...it makes my a happier person
You know what makes me happy? A nice big, thick, juicy steak! Blood rare, dripping and oozing red meat. Yummy. Flesh food. Awesome. Still happy. I'll continue...

Back
Top Bottom