• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Much Money Do You Need To Deport All of Them?

I posed this very question here, years ago.

Logistically, not worth the effort. You simply can't easily transport 1.4 million people. And then you gotta ask...transport to where? They're not all from Mexico. They may have come in via Mexico, but how do we get them out? At 60 people per bus, that's 23k buses. Sad to say, but the folks that are here...are gonna stay.

The real question is, how do we prevent the next 1.4 million? A wall? A fence?
The previous administration had illegal immigration and bogus asylum claims more and better controlled than this administration.
Perhaps look at the differences in policies?
Reinstitute the previous administration's policies?

How about, instead, we go after their reasons for coming in the first place?
That would mean making the migrant's home countries 1st world nations, or degrading the US into a 3rd world nation so there's no incentive to migrate here.
Sure looks like the Democrats have opted for the latter, apparently wishing to spread crime and over all conditions prevalent in their controlled large cities nation wide.

Mr. Gaetz then asked Mr. Mayorkas two questions:
  • How many ICE Agents do you need to deport them?
  • How much money does ICE need to deport them?
That's indicative of one-dimensional thinking.

All you have to do is use the ATS System (Ask/Tell/Show). Here's what you do:

1) On the 1st day of any given month, the President goes on TV and politely asks all illegal immigrants to show some respect and leave the country with no penalty.
2) On the 1st day of the following month, the President again goes on TV and politely asks all illegal immigrants to leave the US, with a 3-year interdiction penalty.
3) On the 1st day of the month after, the President goes on TV and issues a lawful order as Chief Law Enforcement Agent of the US that all illegal immigrants will leave the US and suffer a 10-year interdiction penalty.
4) On the 1st day of the month after that, the President goes on TV a declares a federal emergency. Invoking emergency powers, the President authorizes any US natural born or naturalized citizen who is 21 years of age and has no felony convictions or pending felony actions to be volunteer Deputy US Marshals.

These are not government employees, rather they're volunteers deputized by the President. As Deputy US Marshals, they out-rank all State and local law enforcement agents.

Their purview is limited to the apprehension of illegal aliens and any person interfering in the performance of their duties.

They have the authority to pursue and apprehend illegal aliens anywhere in the US and they get paid a bounty of $20,000 for each illegal alien deported.

They also have the authority to confiscate any public or private property on which illegal aliens are found.

The confiscated property will be auctioned off by the government with 50% going to the deputy US Marshals who tagged the property and 50% going to the government which it will use to pay the bounties.

So, if the property happens to be a church, the structure is demolished and the land auctioned off. If it is a city hall, city residents will get a chance to buy back their city hall before it's auctioned. Same for police stations. If the property is a home, apartment building, retail/office building or work-place, all property is seized and that includes vehicles, trucks, equipment, etc etc etc and it's all auctioned off.

Since martial law has been declared, the illegals will be brought before a military tribunal in each US county and convicted, and since under military law all convictions are automatically appealed, they'll get an appeal which will rubber stamp the conviction, since illegals cannot provide proof of citizenship.

Anyone interfering in the apprehension of illegals will be brought before a military tribunal and sentenced to a minimum mandatory 5 years unless they assaulted one of the Deputy US Marshals in which case they get a minimum mandatory 10 years and in both cases total property/asset confiscation with no innocent spouse provision.

The illegals will get a life-time interdiction plus a DNA blood draw that will ban their descendants for 7 generations from entering the US for any reason. They can forgo the ban on their descendants by surrendering at any federal property, meaning a federal office building, federal military reservation or other federal land.

To deal with the "dreamers" all you have to do is issue a free federal ID card which everyone will replace the social security card as a form of ID and will be necessary to have to register to vote, vote, open a bank account, get a mortgage, loan, or credit card, attend university, get a job, get any federal benefits like housing, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security etc etc etc.

All you have to do get a federal ID is prove one of your parents were born here, unless your parents are naturalized citizens or lawful permanent residents.

Since the "dreamers" are now persona non gratis, there's no point in remaining in the US.

The previous administration had illegal immigration and bogus asylum claims more and better controlled than this administration.
Perhaps look at the differences in policies?
Reinstitute the previous administration's policies?

That would mean making the migrant's home countries 1st world nations, or degrading the US into a 3rd world nation so there's no incentive to migrate here.
Sure looks like the Democrats have opted for the latter, apparently wishing to spread crime and over all conditions prevalent in their controlled large cities nation wide.
No, my comment was more at...make it so there is no benefit to coming here illegally. They want to earn a living. Well, who's hiring them? How are all these people keeping a roof over their heads, and food on the table? They've got jobs, that's how. Start busting the folks hiring them. Shut off any benefits to being in the US, unless you've come here legally.

Representative Matt Gaetz Grills Mayorkas on Illegal Immigration.

[/VIDEO]

For those that refuse to view the video, Representative Matt Gaetz asks Secretary of the Dept. of Homeland Security a simple set of two questions.

First the facts presented by Mr. Gaetz.

1. There are 1.2 million people who have crossed the borders illegally and gone before an Immigration Judge who determined that they have no legal standing to remain in the USA and thereby issued a “final order of removal.” (8 CFR Section 1241.1).

2. That these 1.2 million people are still in the USA, un-detained as of the hearing.

Mr. Gaetz then asked Mr. Mayorkas two questions:
  • How many ICE Agents do you need to deport them?
  • How much money does ICE need to deport them?
Now even with appeals there should be some factual number of those who were ordered be removed, actually already removed by DHS. At the very least Mr. Mayorkas should have some idea of budget needs and personnel needs should his agency need to finally act to enforce the law if most remain unremoved.

But Mayorkas just deflects, deflects, deflects, until Matt Gaetz points out Mayorkas has the worst record of any DHS Secretary in history when it comes to Border Security.

It is clear to me that the current Administration has no plan to conduct a mass removal, and despite Mr. Gaetz repeated questions of how much money and how many agents/resources would be needed, Mr. Mayorkas simply can’t respond because his Dept. has no plans to remove any individuals who have made it into the system.

This is the problem. What is the solution?

Change of Administration with one that places American law and American citizens first, and enforces Immigration law prioritizing those who follow the proper procedures.

If those procedures are considered unsatisfactory, then have Congress modify the law.

But NOT simply flout the law due to some perceived political advantage.

I think there should be a Congressional rule against questioning people and talking over them because your sole motivation was only ever to have your soundbites played on your favorite news outlet.

I think there should be a Congressional rule against questioning people and talking over them because your sole motivation was only ever to have your soundbites played on your favorite news outlet.
It's why I don't watch that crap anymore. Can't stand it.

I propose shock collars.

The democrats have absolutely no interest in stopping the flow of illegals into the country... NONE.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to vote democrats out of power in congress, the senate, and the oval office. Once that's done, the republicans must take measures to secure the border in such a way, that it prevents democrats from undoing it if they again regain power. The only thing I can think of that would achieve that, is to build the wall that Trump wanted. That way there won't be a huge influx of illegals for the democrats to ignore and allow in.

This is true, for me, in a sense.

It doesn't seem like a particularly important issue to me. It has never harmed my life in any way. Other than racist nationalism, I'm mystified by the importance many voters give to this issue.

Rep. Gaetz is probably wrong in his numbers. The source cited below says that 1.2 million have had rulings against them which could be appealed but that only tens of thousands of final deportation orders have been issued in the last two years. An additional 2.1 million refugees/migrants are in the system and having their cases reviewed but are not yet resolved. I will admit the article is written unclearly.

Furthermore the announcer at the beginning of the OP's linked video said 1.2 million migrants/refugees crossed the border into the USA in the last year, not that they all received final orders of deportation.

So there is a significant likelihood that Rep. Gates got his numbers scrambled.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Yep, but the Biden plan seems to be to try to increase the number of ‘undocumented’ immigrants as rapidly as possible making it simply to expensive to even try to deport them all. Factor in the complications of ‘anchor babies’ and most will (eventually) feel that amnesty (with a path to citizenship) is the preferable (only practical?) option.
As long as they are the right color and are deemed more than likely to vote democrat once given the vote.

The fact that Biden hasn't sent planes to Ukraine to airlift millions of refugees to the US whose lives are undeniably in danger proves this point. Biden could care less about the fate of white Ukrainians.

The real question is how much money does Gaetz need to sleep with underage girls.

Course we already know the answer cause he did it all electronically.
We should check his Venmo…

Of course you’d want to champion the cause of a politician who slept with underage girls as long as it involves the wholesale deportation of brown people.

That is pretty evident.
"Better a pedophile than a dark skinned immigrant."

1) On the 1st day of any given month, the President goes on TV and politely asks all illegal immigrants to show some respect and leave the country with no penalty.
2) On the 1st day of the following month, the President again goes on TV and politely asks all illegal immigrants to leave the US, with a 3-year interdiction penalty.
3) On the 1st day of the month after, the President goes on TV and issues a lawful order as Chief Law Enforcement Agent of the US that all illegal immigrants will leave the US and suffer a 10-year interdiction penalty.
4) On the 1st day of the month after that, the President goes on TV a declares a federal emergency. Invoking emergency powers, the President authorizes any US natural born or naturalized citizen who is 21 years of age and has no felony convictions or pending felony actions to be volunteer Deputy US Marshals.

These are not government employees, rather they're volunteers deputized by the President. As Deputy US Marshals, they out-rank all State and local law enforcement agents.

Their purview is limited to the apprehension of illegal aliens and any person interfering in the performance of their duties.

They have the authority to pursue and apprehend illegal aliens anywhere in the US and they get paid a bounty of $20,000 for each illegal alien deported.

They also have the authority to confiscate any public or private property on which illegal aliens are found.

The confiscated property will be auctioned off by the government with 50% going to the deputy US Marshals who tagged the property and 50% going to the government which it will use to pay the bounties.

So, if the property happens to be a church, the structure is demolished and the land auctioned off. If it is a city hall, city residents will get a chance to buy back their city hall before it's auctioned. Same for police stations. If the property is a home, apartment building, retail/office building or work-place, all property is seized and that includes vehicles, trucks, equipment, etc etc etc and it's all auctioned off.

Since martial law has been declared, the illegals will be brought before a military tribunal in each US county and convicted, and since under military law all convictions are automatically appealed, they'll get an appeal which will rubber stamp the conviction, since illegals cannot provide proof of citizenship.

Anyone interfering in the apprehension of illegals will be brought before a military tribunal and sentenced to a minimum mandatory 5 years unless they assaulted one of the Deputy US Marshals in which case they get a minimum mandatory 10 years and in both cases total property/asset confiscation with no innocent spouse provision.

The illegals will get a life-time interdiction plus a DNA blood draw that will ban their descendants for 7 generations from entering the US for any reason. They can forgo the ban on their descendants by surrendering at any federal property, meaning a federal office building, federal military reservation or other federal land.

To deal with the "dreamers" all you have to do is issue a free federal ID card which everyone will replace the social security card as a form of ID and will be necessary to have to register to vote, vote, open a bank account, get a mortgage, loan, or credit card, attend university, get a job, get any federal benefits like housing, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security etc etc etc.

All you have to do get a federal ID is prove one of your parents were born here, unless your parents are naturalized citizens or lawful permanent residents.

Since the "dreamers" are now persona non gratis, there's no point in remaining in the US.
That is some really horrible unamerican stuff there.

Valid points.

I still think Rep. Gaetz's point was that DHS under Mayorkas is not doing it's job, and is not planning to do it's job.

As he stated when Mayorkas mentioned he did not have the data, that he was going off the data provided for review.

If DHS needs more funding to hire/train more immigration personnel, and to have Congress act to authorize and appoint more INS Judges to speed up processing, then THAT is what Mr. Mayorkas should have responded with. Including estimated costs and increase in numbers of personnel.
While I don't disagree with your statements, Congress does hold the purse string.

Gaetz's instead of going for a "gotcha moment" could have said he was going to introduce a Bill instructing DHS to hire X new agents, judges, etc). The Bill would include the funding to do so. My point, Congress has written Bills in the past that instructed agencies to do certain things. Yes, it would be up to Biden to sign the Bill if Congress passed such a Bill.

Mayorkas should have responded back with, "I will get back to you as soon as we work through the staffing needed to address your question. I would not want to give you a number of people and the funds today without proper staffing. Wish you would have asked the questions with enough lead time to address it today."

This is true, for me, in a sense.

It doesn't seem like a particularly important issue to me. It has never harmed my life in any way. Other than racist nationalism, I'm mystified by the importance many voters give to this issue.
There is a reason why the US and every country in the western world have immigration laws and don't have open borders. You want to control who you're letting in, and how many you let in. You can't just allow 100's of thousands of people to walk in without knowing their criminal backgrounds and both their ethical and cultural beliefs. We are not, and should never be, a sanctuary for the worlds poor. Our tax money should be used to benefit the citizens and legal residents of this country, not millions of poor immigrants that came here illegally.

No, my comment was more at...make it so there is no benefit to coming here illegally. They want to earn a living. Well, who's hiring them? How are all these people keeping a roof over their heads, and food on the table? They've got jobs, that's how. Start busting the folks hiring them. Shut off any benefits to being in the US, unless you've come here legally.
Well, fair enough. I'll admit that I may have misread your intent in your post.

On another post, I had taken the position of supporting exactly what you clarified your position to be.
I advocate finding people who are knowingly employing undocumented immigrants, seize their property and throw them in jail.

Our schizophrenic Immigration policy would have a resolution very quick.

On that point we would agree. Providing the incentive to break the law is nearly as bad a breaking that law.

On the whole, the best disincentive for any undesirable behavior it to take the inventive away from that behavior.

It's why I don't watch that crap anymore. Can't stand it.

I propose shock collars.
For the extremists on both sides, that would be an option that I'd welcome.

There is a reason why the US and every country in the western world have immigration laws and don't have open borders. You want to control who you're letting in, and how many you let in. You can't just allow 100's of thousands of people to walk in without knowing their criminal backgrounds and both their ethical and cultural beliefs. We are not, and should never be, a sanctuary for the worlds poor. Our tax money should be used to benefit the citizens and legal residents of this country, not millions of poor immigrants that came here illegally.

Thank you for posting the fundamentals related to this issue.
The unfortunate part is that at present the US has a defacto open border, driven by Biden's, far more so the open border radicals in his administration as he's in control of and leading nothing, and also unfortunate that those fundamentals escape those same people, much to the detriment of the nation and it's citizens.

Yep, but the Biden plan seems to be to try to increase the number of ‘undocumented’ immigrants as rapidly as possible making it simply to expensive to even try to deport them all. Factor in the complications of ‘anchor babies’ and most will (eventually) feel that amnesty (with a path to citizenship) is the preferable (only practical?) option.
I think there is little doubt about that being the Biden plan and he is executing his plan flawlessly.

I posed this very question here, years ago.

Logistically, not worth the effort. You simply can't easily transport 1.4 million people. And then you gotta ask...transport to where? They're not all from Mexico. They may have come in via Mexico, but how do we get them out? At 60 people per bus, that's 23k buses. Sad to say, but the folks that are here...are gonna stay.

The real question is, how do we prevent the next 1.4 million? A wall? A fence?

How about, instead, we go after their reasons for coming in the first place?
What reasons are they coming for? Work? Better paying jobs?

The democrats have absolutely no interest in stopping the flow of illegals into the country... NONE.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to vote democrats out of power in congress, the senate, and the oval office. Once that's done, the republicans must take measures to secure the border in such a way, that it prevents democrats from undoing it if they again regain power. The only thing I can think of that would achieve that, is to build the wall that Trump wanted. That way there won't be a huge influx of illegals for the democrats to ignore and allow in.

It's impossible to permanently secure the border in such a way that it can't be bypassed or gone around somehow.

Make it more difficult, sure.

The best way to reduce illegal border crossing by people trying to immigrate illegally would be to change the conditions at their points of origin so they don't feel the need to leave.

What did Trump attempt to change? Keeping Muslims out of the country entirely? That's the only thing I remember so that is why I am asking. Was there anything else he tried to do but wasn't allowed? Since he issued EOs by the truckload, I would assume there would be one or two EOs that addressed the illegal immigrant issue. Thanks.

I stopped reading right there.

...and keep deporting them...

FFS, just make getting caught employing illegals too expensive in not just civil but also criminal terms (the latter for the most culpable parties) so it cannot be considered a cost of business, ramp up enforcement, voila.

Of course...that would mean we really would be getting the criminals. As it is, illegals commit crimes at a lower rate than American citizens.

Someone who is working and is less likely than an American citizen to commit a crime is a net benefit to the country.

Of course you’d want to champion the cause of a politician who slept with underage girls as long as it involves the wholesale deportation of brown people.

That is pretty evident.
Such a weak and feeble post. Why post pure garbage like this?

You forgot to mention that the US Military could mine the entire border with extreme prejudice in mind.

Go ahead right wing idiots. Deport them all. When the economy crashes you can just blame it on the Democrats like the spineless ****s you are..

Back
Top Bottom