• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Mass Gun Confiscation Would Work

I literally just said, "terminate all transfers to individuals". Willing a gun to a descendant is a transfer.
Well its the kind of transfer where you're unlikely to get caught, how hard is it for somebody to pass their gun down to their child or grandchild?

Do you not know what "liberal" means ?

It means a LACK of regulation

Liberal
adjective

4: not literal or strict
5: not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6: a political party advocating the principles of political liberalism, associated with ideals of individual freedom

noun

a: one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways
b: capitalized : a member or supporter of a liberal political party
c: an advocate or adherent of liberalism especially in individual rights

In the classic sense, modern political liberals have yet to find a regulation they didn't like.

Bingo. And when a ffl dealer goes out of business they must send their 4473s to the atf.
These folks dont realize how easy it would be to confiscate guns.

I guess you just don't know many gun owners. They feel very strongly about this. I know I do.

You will force millions of Americans to become criminals overnight. America's independent nature will not allow them to meekly comply. All hell will break loose. You think January 6 was an insurection. Those representatives voting on an issue like this better think long and hard about what they are about to do.

You will have thousands of Ruby Ridges across this country. It won't be a civil war because there will be nothing civil about it.

Those tasked with confiscation better think long and hard about what they are about to do.

I am old and don't much give a shit if I live or die. Come for my guns and join me.

In the classic sense, modern political liberals have yet to find a regulation they didn't like.

Liberalism means the removing of regulations

Conservatism means adding them

For instance: Alaska has very liberal gun laws
New York, by contrast, has very conservative gun laws.

Um no.
Liberal means an expansion of government power.. liberal power of the government.. which means adding laws and regulations. . Like more and more gun laws.
Conservative means limited government power.. which means fewer regulations and laws.

Um no.
Liberal means an expansion of government power.. liberal power of the government.. which means adding laws and regulations. . Like more and more gun laws.
Conservative means limited government power.. which means fewer regulations and laws.

Er no, Liberalism mean a contraction of government rules and regulation

Conservatism mean the expansion of rules and regulation.

A Liberal approach to something means cutting regulations and rules, whereas a Conservative approach, means heavily regulating it.

Someone needs a dictionary I think.

Well its the kind of transfer where you're unlikely to get caught, how hard is it for somebody to pass their gun down to their child or grandchild?
I had said, "terminate all transfers to individuals with possible grandfathering of existing guns with registration". This is essentially how it is done in Canada. If the gun is registered to you, and you can't transfer it to anyone, then when you die the gun has to be turned in to the police. If you give it to your grandchild, that's an illegal transfer, and your grandchild would be in illegal possession, send you each to prison for 10+ years.

As for how you would get caught, Canada passed a law saying that certain guns can only be fired at approved ranges. Those ranges check your registration every time you enter. Guns make noise if you didn't know, and everyone within a few miles is going to know if you use that gun outside of an approved range.

UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, Yeah that's pretty much every country on earth alright.

You didn't note the elipsis ?

It's a grammatical mark to indicate etcetera, and so on, and so forth

Do you require an exhaustive list ?

No

Yes

No, it's just your emotional need to feel "big"
A potential threat against you is how you justify it to yourself

I would never think for a second that it was

Nope, it's so you can inflate your self image
You probably have a 4x4 V8 truck for the same reason - or want one.
Nope on both. I have a small Nissan pickup and don't want anything bigger

No

Yes

I dont have an emotional need to feel "big" Rich. I just want to protect myself. That's it. Deadly violence is random and can happen to anyone and at anytime as we have once again recently seen.

****ing hell, that's the most backwards shit I have ever heard. Literally the exact opposite is true.

Nope on both. I have a small Nissan pickup and don't want anything bigger

Well, I imagine the price of gas there is a deterrent

I dont have an emotional need to feel "big" Rich. I just want to protect myself. That's it. Deadly violence is random and can happen to anyone and at anytime as we have once again recently seen.

A gun won't protect you. It's more likely to make you a target.

People with emotional needs are rarely willing to discuss them.

****ing hell, that's the most backwards shit I have ever heard. Literally the exact opposite is true.

It's what the words actually mean.

Someone needs to buy a dictionary

Q:does the state of Alaska or Arizona have "liberal" or "conservative" gun laws ?

I guess you just don't know many gun owners. They feel very strongly about this. I know I do.

You will force millions of Americans to become criminals overnight. America's independent nature will not allow them to meekly comply. All hell will break loose. You think January 6 was an insurection. Those representatives voting on an issue like this better think long and hard about what they are about to do.

You will have thousands of Ruby Ridges across this country. It won't be a civil war because there will be nothing civil about it.

Those tasked with confiscation better think long and hard about what they are about to do.

I am old and don't much give a shit if I live or die. Come for my guns and join me.
First..I am one of the most gun guys on this board..and I live in a state where we have a room for my patients to put their concealed carry firearms.
You don't realize..they dont have to come for your guns.
So they pass a law that says...by this date you must turn in your guns for a payment by this date.
The longer you wait the greater the penalty. So..you say f you .
Fine. The government then starts going through the 4473 forms from dealers. No rush because the longer it takes to find you..the bigger the fine.
So 2 years later..the send you a notice that there is no record that you turned in the rifle you bought in 2004. So..now you are being fined 200 dollars per month its not turned in.. you are already 24 months behind so..your social security check will be garnished ...
Who you going to go all ruby ridge on? No one's coming. You have to pony up for each and every firearm they find a 4473 on.
They'll call it a firearm tax...so it's constitutional.

Er no, Liberalism mean a contraction of government rules and regulation

Conservatism mean the expansion of rules and regulation.

A Liberal approach to something means cutting regulations and rules, whereas a Conservative approach, means heavily regulating it.

Someone needs a dictionary I think.
Hmm ..
Great..so you want to remove regulations on guns ...well I agree.

It's what the words actually mean.

Someone needs to buy a dictionary

Q:does the state of Alaska or Arizona have "liberal" or "conservative" gun laws ?

Who wants more gun laws, liberals or conservatives? We were discussing parties, not laws. Non sequitor.

No

Yes

Is that why you want a British War Rifle? You have expressed your desire for that on this forum many times.

Is that why you have claimed to own a couple specimens of a large, dangerous breed of dog?

Do you view those dogs, and that desire for a British War Rifle as extensions of yourself?

Seems likely, since you so often project that idea.

First..I am one of the most gun guys on this board..and I live in a state where we have a room for my patients to put their concealed carry firearms.
You don't realize..they dont have to come for your guns.
So they pass a law that says...by this date you must turn in your guns for a payment by this date.
The longer you wait the greater the penalty. So..you say f you .
Fine. The government then starts going through the 4473 forms from dealers. No rush because the longer it takes to find you..the bigger the fine.
So 2 years later..the send you a notice that there is no record that you turned in the rifle you bought in 2004. So..now you are being fined 200 dollars per month its not turned in.. you are already 24 months behind so..your social security check will be garnished ...
Who you going to go all ruby ridge on? No one's coming. You have to pony up for each and every firearm they find a 4473 on.
They'll call it a firearm tax...so it's constitutional.

Well I don't believe it will ever happen but I guess all you can do is go postal on the nearest ATF office or blow up an IRS building

A futile gesture to show your displeasure

Liberals do

On the issue of gun control, liberals want conservative gun laws, conservatives want liberal gun laws.

Why labels attached with Velcro are so handy.

Well I don't believe it will ever happen but I guess all you can do is go postal on the nearest ATF office or blow up an IRS building

On second thought if such an absurd thing was to happen in America when it first starts I would just liquidate all my assets, load up my stuff and head to Idaho. Join the largest militia I could find. I am sure there are plenty of like minded people there.

Right...and instead of people being sympathetic to gun owners...they see gun owners as terrorists.
It's why we gun owners cannot dismiss gun confiscation schemes as nonsense or " it could never happen".

Back
Top Bottom