• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Mass Gun Confiscation Would Work

On second thought if such an absurd thing was to happen in America when it first starts I would just liquidate all my assets, load up my stuff and head to Idaho. Join the largest militia I could find. I am sure there are plenty of like minded people there.
Idaho would be rough because the people like to talk a good game of independence from the federal government...but financially they are dependent on the feds. So if the feds wanted to screw with idaho..they just withhold that money and watch the state collapse.

I had said, "terminate all transfers to individuals with possible grandfathering of existing guns with registration". This is essentially how it is done in Canada. If the gun is registered to you, and you can't transfer it to anyone, then when you die the gun has to be turned in to the police. If you give it to your grandchild, that's an illegal transfer, and your grandchild would be in illegal possession, send you each to prison for 10+ years.
Well obviously they couldn't send me to prison for 10+ years when Im dead, as for my hypothetical grandchild he would have to be caught with the gun.

As for how you would get caught, Canada passed a law saying that certain guns can only be fired at approved ranges. Those ranges check your registration every time you enter. Guns make noise if you didn't know, and everyone within a few miles is going to know if you use that gun outside of an approved range.
Only if you fire it outside. You could have a soundproof basement as your shooting range, with a proper backstop and all.

Only if you fire it outside. You could have a soundproof basement as your shooting range, with a proper backstop and all.
I'm sure 1 or 2 people out of millions would make that happen, and I'm sure 1 or 2 people would get away with illegally possessing guns for a long time, but the vast majority of guns would leave civilian ownership. The State's ability to keep the Fed under control would be lost.

I'm sure 1 or 2 people out of millions would make that happen, and I'm sure 1 or 2 people would get away with illegally possessing guns for a long time, but the vast majority of guns would leave civilian ownership. The State's ability to keep the Fed under control would be lost.

And how would you describe its ability now ?

Pleased to be of help

Would not you characterize Alaska and Arizona's gun laws as "liberal".
I am more curious about what gun regulations you want to get rid of...you being a liberal. Please list the regulations and restrictions on guns that you want to see removed.

I am more curious about what gun regulations you want to get rid of...you being a liberal. Please list the regulations and restrictions on guns that you want to see removed.

I don't, I wish to add gun regulations and make gun laws less liberal.

Do you want more liberal gun laws ?

I don't, I wish to add gun regulations and make gun laws less liberal.

Do you want more liberal gun laws ?
So why does your lean say liberal. ? Why are you being deceitful?

It wouldn't work.

That's why nobody is talking about it.

Except for some kooks.

If the democrats really believe the gun owners of America are going to surrender their 2nd Amendment right and give up their guns to the liberal lunatics, they truly are demented.

There are about 9 million concealed carry permits in America. About 3 million americans carry each day compared to about 1 million police officers nation wide. Tell Joe and Beto to come get em.

My basement isn't even soundproof and you're not going to hear a gun being fired from outside unless you're right up close to the house, and even then it won't sound like a gunshot, it will sound more like a balloon pop.

My basement isn't even soundproof and you're not going to hear a gun being fired from outside unless you're right up close to the house, and even then it won't sound like a gunshot, it will sound more like a balloon pop.
Yeah and when the neighbors hear "balloons popping" several times in a day, sooner or later the cops are getting called, sooner or later there's going to be someone undercover watching your house getting ready to make a sworn statement for a search warrant.

And sooner or later you'll run out of amunition.

So why does your lean say liberal. ? Why are you being deceitful?

Because I believe in liberalism.

Why does your lean show as conservative, when you believe in liberal gun laws (like those they have in Alaska or Arizona)

Why are YOU being so deceitful?

Why does your lean show as conservative, when you believe in liberal gun laws (like those they have in Alaska or Arizona)

Why are you equivocating?

Yeah and when the neighbors hear "balloons popping" several times in a day, sooner or later the cops are getting called, sooner or later there's going to be someone undercover watching your house getting ready to make a sworn statement for a search warrant.

And sooner or later you'll run out of amunition.
The neighbors are too far away to hear anything at all, as I said to even hear anything whatsoever you have to be right up close to the house, as in standing just a few feet away from the wall.

You do have a point about running out of ammunition though.

The neighbors are too far away....
You keep changing your imagined scenario to fit whatever you need to say here. That's called "moving the goalposts". Most people live in towns and cities. Most neighbors who keep hearing "balloons popping" from basements are going to call the cops. I'm very sure there's going to be a handful of hilbilly holdouts like you claim, but they aren't going to be enough to matter.

Do you know how you just waited in line to get a vaccine recently?

Well, it would work like that. Except instead of getting a vaccine - you'd toss your gun into a pile and leave.

Do you know how you just waited in line to get a vaccine recently?

Well, it would work like that. Except instead of getting a vaccine - you'd toss your gun into a pile and leave.

Not a chance.

How do you believe in Liberalism when you just admit you want more gun regulations ..which according to you against liberalism?

As far as me? I am being consistent with my definition of a conservative government being conservative with its power ..less regulation..more fiscal responsibility.

You though are being blatantly hypocritical to your own defintion..
Please explain the deceit.

You keep changing your imagined scenario to fit whatever you need to say here. That's called "moving the goalposts". Most people live in towns and cities. Most neighbors who keep hearing "balloons popping" from basements are going to call the cops. I'm very sure there's going to be a handful of hilbilly holdouts like you claim, but they aren't going to be enough to matter.
Where I live the closest neighbor is at least 50 yards away, too far away to hear a .45 gunshot in my basement.

How do you believe in Liberalism when you just admit you want more gun regulations ..which according to you against liberalism?

How do you claim to be a "conservative" when you want liberal gun laws ?

As far as me? I am being consistent with my definition of a conservative government being conservative with its power ..less regulation..more fiscal responsibility.

So the problem is that you have a poor understanding of the term

You though are being blatantly hypocritical to your own defintion..
Please explain the deceit.

QED

You ignorance of the terms is quite stark.

When you can answer why you, as a self proclaimed "conservative" wants liberal gun laws, you will be on the way to understanding the stupidity of what you just said.

How do you claim to be a "conservative" when you want liberal gun laws ?

So the problem is that you have a poor understanding of the term

QED

You ignorance of the terms is quite stark.

When you can answer why you, as a self proclaimed "conservative" wants liberal gun laws, you will be on the way to understanding the stupidity of what you just said.
1. I don't define conservative the way you do.
So back to you..
You are purposely being hypocritical to the way you define liberalism and liberal.
So why the deceit?

1. I don't define conservative the way you do.
So back to you..
You are purposely being hypocritical to the way you define liberalism and liberal.
So why the deceit?

You've spent...what? 6 or 7 posts going round and round with him, calling out his equivocation now?

That's why.

Back
Top Bottom