• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Mass Gun Confiscation Would Work

Federal form :
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

1.) This form is filled out every time a person buys a firearm from a dealer. The form is kept on record for the ATF.

It would be relatively easy for the government to do such. No need for cops going door to door for firearms. All you have to do is make a requirement to turn your firearms in.. or suffer administrative consequences.. like a tax fine.. failure to get your tax returns.. failure to be able to register a vehicle.. and so forth.

2.) And its not non sensical to discuss it... WHEN you have elected officials actually proposing forcing people to give up their guns.
3.) For example.. if there is required registration? which again.. HAS BEEN PROPOSED.. and some states even have forms of gun registration..
Then it makes confiscation easier.
4.) IF there is a mandatory background check for all gun transactions? WHICH HAS BEEN PROPOSED.. and which has been enacted already in some states? There there is a defacto registration which would make gun confiscation easier.

5.) So.. don;t start the bs that its non sensical when elected officials have proposed gun confiscation.. and have proposed the tools to make it easier.

1.) I only bought two of my guns . . yet I have multiples
so again, no, thats not easy
let alone the excuses a person could make .. due process would require more than that. A record of sale is not factual proof you own that gun

2.) of course it is when its fantasy. There wont be a gun confiscation in the US in my lifetime.
Politicians "saying things" is meaningless to me, ive been hearing guns are gonna get taken for 30 years
same as abortion will be outlawed . . . . ill have a real logical concern over it when something actually happens thats going to change the constitution

3.) dont care and I would support this (for my trade-off) but it doesnt make gun confiscation "easy"
4.) dont care and I would support this (for my trade-off) but it doesnt make gun confiscation "easy"
5.) not BS at all its just reality. Its fear tactics i have been hearing basically my whole life, it wouldn't be "easy" at all

I wish that were true. The confederacy has still not ended and it's 150 years later.

Yes it has...and whist Trump does still command some support, it's not enough to ever see him as president again.

Restrict their effects

eg: restrict the bearing of arms to private property.

You think the way to stop people from burning down their homes by playing with matches is to restrict matches to being kept at home? Well, that's no big surprise...makes about as much sense as your gun control ideas.

You think the way to stop people from burning down their homes by playing with matches is to restrict matches to being kept at home? Well, that's no big surprise...makes about as much sense as your gun control ideas.
the bottom line is we have never seen a rational argument from him as to why society (as opposed to him) would be better off if honest people were disarmed or lived-in fear of having their lives ruined if they were caught with a firearm. He has already admitted that his scheme would mean violent criminals would remain armed long past the time that private citizens with clean records were statistically disarmed.

No, if people want to burn down their home, then let them

But it might stop them burning down their neighbors' homes.

No, if people want to burn down their home, then let them

But it might stop them burning down their neighbors' homes.

I can just see the inner dialog: "I really want to burn down that a-hole's house (arson, a felony good for decades in prison when inevitably caught), but there's an infinitesimal chance I might get caught carrying my matches over there, so I guess I'll just watch another rerun of Desperate Housewives."

1.) I only bought two of my guns . . yet I have multiples
so again, no, thats not easy
let alone the excuses a person could make .. due process would require more than that. A record of sale is not factual proof you own that gun

2.) of course it is when its fantasy. There wont be a gun confiscation in the US in my lifetime.
Politicians "saying things" is meaningless to me, ive been hearing guns are gonna get taken for 30 years
same as abortion will be outlawed . . . . ill have a real logical concern over it when something actually happens thats going to change the constitution

3.) dont care and I would support this (for my trade-off) but it doesnt make gun confiscation "easy"
4.) dont care and I would support this (for my trade-off) but it doesnt make gun confiscation "easy"
5.) not BS at all its just reality. Its fear tactics i have been hearing basically my whole life, it wouldn't be "easy" at all
1. Nice anecdote. doesn;t detract from the points I have made
5. See number one.

1. Nice anecdote. doesn;t detract from the points I have made
5. See number one.

call them what ever you want but none of your "points" mattered or even slightly proved in any logical way that it would magically be easy calling it a nonsensical concern is illogical. Good move bailing out though since you got nothing. lol Let me know when that reality changes 🤷‍♂️

call them what ever you want but none of your "points" mattered or even slightly proved in any logical way that it would magically be easy calling it a nonsensical concern is illogical. Good move bailing out though since you got nothing. lol Let me know when that reality changes 🤷‍♂️
All of my points mattered.. which is why you cannot refute any of them. Cripes you didn;t even know there was a federal gun buying form.
But nice try on diversion... let me know when you can actually address any of the points I made.. with something other than your anecdotes.

1.) All of my points mattered.. which is why you cannot refute any of them.
2.) Cripes you didn;t even know there was a federal gun buying form.
3.) But nice try on diversion... let me know when you can actually address any of the points I made.. with something other than your anecdotes.
1.) none of them did, you didnt provided anything to refute LMAO . . .nothign you posted proved confiscation would be easy . . .nothing
2.) LMAO please don't start posting flat out lies because Ill destroy them too lol .. as i already posted my point was that the majority of guns i have I didnt buy so theres no form saying i did . .post 51 . . try to keep up ;)
3.) no diversion at all, we are still in the same spot .you posted ZERO facts that proves confiscation would be "easy", you havent even made a valid argument yet . . .zero .. once again let me know when that reality changes LMAO

😁 🍿

I can just see the inner dialog: "I really want to burn down that a-hole's house (arson, a felony good for decades in prison when inevitably caught), but there's an infinitesimal chance I might get caught carrying my matches over there, so I guess I'll just watch another rerun of Desperate Housewives."

Well I think you'd need to do more than carry a box of matches to commit arson

The act alone is conspicuous enough to get you noticed.

Yes it has...and whist Trump does still command some support, it's not enough to ever see him as president again.

I live in NY and I still see Confederate flags, do you think they fly them for aesthetics?

I live in NY and I still see Confederate flags, do you think they fly them for aesthetics?

I live in Georgia, and I bet I see more than you - and what's more they were flying them way before Trump got into politics.

Gun-Crimes-Krasner-Philly-Inky.jpg
What part of the favored clause of the 2A are you failing to understand?

the bottom line is we have never seen a rational argument from him as to why society (as opposed to him) would be better off if honest people were disarmed or lived-in fear of having their lives ruined if they were caught with a firearm. He has already admitted that his scheme would mean violent criminals would remain armed long past the time that private citizens with clean records were statistically disarmed.

Mass shootings in USA for 2019 = 420 (pop circa 60m)
Mass shootings in UK for 2019 = 0 (pop circa 60m)

How Mass Gun Confiscation Would Work
This article has it all wrong. They would run a program exactly like the banned machineguns: terminate all transfers to individuals with possible grandfathering of existing guns with registration, all other forms of civilian possession being illegal. And then, nothing. Simply wait for existing gun owners to die of old age and existing guns to wear out or rust.

This article has it all wrong. They would run a program exactly like the banned machineguns: terminate all transfers to individuals with possible grandfathering of existing guns with registration, all other forms of civilian possession being illegal. And then, nothing. Simply wait for existing gun owners to die of old age and existing guns to wear out or rust.

Plus a few high profile raids with long prison sentences and hefty fines.

Actually confiscation would be rather easy.
All they would need is records of your Federal firearm form.. and then send a notice to you that if you don;t turn your firearm in.. or show proof of its destruction or sale.. then you don;t get your tax return,, pay a tax fine... can't register a car.. and so on.
You forgot withholding disability or any VA where applicable or stimulus check again where applicable. In other words can I please have some more Nanny.

Back
Top Bottom