• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Many World Pro Golfers Will Skip The Masters?

if a version of HR1 is pushed through, it will solve many Republican voter suppression problems in every state, not just Georgia. i hope that it happens.
Smart move refusing to discuss the actual language of the Georgia law.

HR1 is dead. Get over it

How many pro's will skip it due to the woke white liberal assault on not playing the MASTERS?

what's going on? What is the "woke" boycott you anticipate about?

Thanks

states that suppress voters will very likely reap economic consequences from those who are disgusted by voter suppression.

let's hope so

Smart move refusing to discuss the actual language of the Georgia law.

HR1 is dead. Get over it

not yet. a carve out is still possible. if they're smart, they can pass it without eliminating the filibuster. of course, that depends on Democrats employing effective strategies while they still have a chance. that much is up in the air.

The state legislature usurping local election board power. You have no depth.
Exactly how is that "voter suppression?" When the executive in Pennsylvania usurped the power from the state legislature that was "voter suppression?"

By the way, perhaps you didn't know, the US Constitution gives the state legislatures the power to determine how elections are conducted in their state (not local election boards)

You guys are a hoot!! Keep 'em coming

Exactly how is that "voter suppression?" When the executive in Pennsylvania usurped the power from the state legislature that was "voter suppression?"

By the way, perhaps you didn't know, the US Constitution gives the state legislatures the power to determine how elections are conducted in their state (not local election boards)

You guys are a hoot!! Keep 'em coming
This is getting tiring. What is it about the states rights crew that makes you believe that since you think you're right, learning is irrelevant?
Article 1, Section 4, Clause 1 "The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

I think I've posted this 50 times in the last month.

i didn't threaten anyone. if i have a choice to keep my economic activity away from Georgia, though, i'll probably do that. i'm disgusted by what the Republicans there have done, and it's likely to spread unless it can be curbed federally.
I was not suggesting you were threatening anyone. I was qualifying my response to how you were using the phrase economic consequences.

I was not suggesting you were threatening anyone. I was qualifying my response to how you were using the phrase economic consequences.

it kind of sucks, because not all Georgians are vote suppressing Republicans, yet they'll suffer some of the economic consequences, too. however, sometimes diverted money is the best way to communicate with elected Republicans.

it kind of sucks, because not all Georgians are vote suppressing Republicans, yet they'll suffer some of the economic consequences, too. however, sometimes diverted money is the best way to communicate with elected Republicans.
As battle lines are drawn some will find themselves behind enemy lines. Expect things to get worse before they get better.

As battle lines are drawn some will find themselves behind enemy lines. Expect things to get worse before they get better.

yeah, that seems to be the case more often the i would like. however, though i'm a bit of a negative asshole, i do sometimes strive for optimism.

This is getting tiring. What is it about the states rights crew that makes you believe that since you think you're right, learning is irrelevant?
Article 1, Section 4, Clause 1 "The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

I think I've posted this 50 times in the last month.
Perhaps you should read it. You complained about "The state legislature usurping local election board power. You have no depth." Then you post the Constitution which expressly grants the power to control elections "in each State by the Legislature thereof" not to local election boards.

You funny.

Perhaps you should read it. You complained about "The state legislature usurping local election board power. You have no depth." Then you post the Constitution which expressly grants the power to control elections "in each State by the Legislature thereof" not to local election boards.

You funny.
Newsflash! The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. Sovereign over state, regional, local, and personal legal statutes.

Newsflash! The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. Sovereign over state, regional, local, and personal legal statutes.
Uh yep. You seem terribly confused. The GA is reinforced by the US Constitution.

Uh yep. You seem terribly confused. The GA is reinforced by the US Constitution.

It is you that seems confused.

States will be Constitutionally subordinate to H.R.1/S.1

"False?" Are you under the impression the woke crowd is not calling for the boycott of the Masters?

That group that I've never heard of appreciates your effort to spread their message!! KUDOS!!!

It's like back in the day when the "New" Black Panther Party got free pub on Hannity's show every week. They had about 12 members but Hannity did an awesome job spreading the word of this SCARRRRYYYYYYY group of black radicals, prolly thugs, but definitely black...

They had better NOT appear.

They would be immediately canceled for life.

If they had the temerity to appear at another tournament, many spectators would turn their backs on them.

In 2021, everyone is expected to show one's support for certain folks -- or else!

That group that I've never heard of appreciates your effort to spread their message!! KUDOS!!!

It's like back in the day when the "New" Black Panther Party got free pub on Hannity's show every week. They had about 12 members but Hannity did an awesome job spreading the word of this SCARRRRYYYYYYY group of black radicals, prolly thugs, but definitely black...
LOL No worries that anyone will call for the boycott of sports in GA. You funny

Only in your dreams
And the Constitution. Notice the bolded below. So there is that....

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

And the Constitution. Notice the bolded below. So there is that....

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
HR 1 is deader than a doornail. Hyperpartisan wet dream of your party.

Back
Top Bottom