• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Long Until the Trumps Are Jailed?

i have zero issue putting them in jail....a couple of minor questions and points

1. what charges? who is charging them, and under exactly what criminal codes? not conjecture, not theories, actual provable crimes they have committed

Or as you succinctly put....dont you believe in law and order?

Excellent points. If the laws that are projected to jail the Trumps are equally enforced to jail all miscreants in politics, I wouldn't mind even a little bit.

The SWAMP is thus drained.

Well you weren't talking about me then, so stop the accusations. You, though, do seem to have a problem with the obvious. You may want to work on that, but you seem too comfortable with not getting it.
What does hate have to do with it if it's true?
And as for murder, it's been the radical right that have been murdering leftist protesters, so don't even...
Your clueless, smug, hypocritical false superiority is disgusting.

You start out by citing an accusation that was never made.

Your ongoing flight of fancy departing ever farther from the real world was entertaining but disconnected from reality.

I look forward to enjoying your next effort in fiction and fantasy.

It's hysterical that you blame the right for acts OBVIOUSLY committed by Leftists. By what justification do you do this?

But holding a rally, in of itself, isnt against the law, is it?

ANd he bears some responsibility....okay....how?

He lied, he bloviated, he continued with the same discourse he had been spewing for weeks about a rigged election (none of that is against the law)

I agree he went right to the edge....it is almost like someone told him DO NOT go past this point.....and for once he listened

I just dont see where what he did on the 6th comes to insurrection or treason charges....

if being an idiot, someone who doesnt love their country were charges, then you could have him.....

I know a lot of people dont want him to sail away scot free....but is he really

He is disgraced.....he will never run for public office again....i think the democrats have accomplished what they needed to

Trump opened his remarks by saying:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capital building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

He recounted a litany of odd incidents from an odd election.

He thanked the folks for coming out. Then he tweeted twice to employ restraint.

That's what Trump did. Everything legal. Nothing bad in any way.

The FBI has quite clearly announced that the planning for the violence was done BEFORE the Speech started. Entry into the Capital was forced 30 to 40 minutes away BEFORE the speech ended.

Yesterday, I told my wife that Brady was a pretty good QB. Then Brady helped to win a football game.

I had as much to do with TB beating GB as Trump had to do with leading an insurrection with violence at the Capital. That, incidentally, is nothing.

He told them to go fight.

he told them to "go fight"

in what regards? see now will you answer that question or run away?

Did he once tell the audience to "go get those MF'ers that stole the election?" or "go stomp the asses of those folks that took away your rights?"

He didnt, did he? He took his message to x, not to z.....and z is where the insurrection charges would come in

i understand your hate and contempt....but you all are wrong, but you are too blind to see it

Are you adult enough to admit it....or is the partisan hatred just that deep?

I am not sure if someone told him not to go past x or if he just got lucky....i dunno

All i know is that based upon the speech he gave on the 6th, no jury in the world could convict

Did he once tell the audience to "go get those MF'ers that stole the election?" or "go stomp the asses of those folks that took away your rights?"

He didnt, did he? He took his message to x, not to z.....and z is where the insurrection charges would come in

i understand your hate and contempt....but you all are wrong, but you are too blind to see it

I am not sure if someone told him not to go past x or if he just got lucky....i dunno

All i know is that based upon the speech he gave on the 6th, no jury in the world could convict

Conservatives legal arguments in this are all the same: you think the wink wink nudge nudge portion of Trump’s speech was the only legally relevant portion. That’s not how incitement works nor the laws enforcing it.

In context it was very clear he was calling for teh crowd to physically fight the take over the government.

I watched like four minutes of that shit. Man.

Conservatives legal arguments in this are all the same: you think the wink wink nudge nudge portion of Trump’s speech was the only legally relevant portion. That’s not how incitement works nor the laws enforcing it.

That was what congress said they were basing the impeachment on...his speech on the 6th

DO you have something different to share with us?

In context it was very clear he was calling for teh crowd to physically fight the take over the government.

In context, meaning with you putting words into Trumps mouth that he NEVER said, that is what you heard or thought he meant (good luck getting that guilty verdict at trial with that)

like i said....he went to x, when the insurrection charges needed him to go to y (close but no cigar)

almost like he knew he couldnt go further.....

and you all will bitch and moan that the GOP has no balls and backbone when they again let Trump off (if it evens gets to a trial) when it should have NEVER gotten to this point

Serious question.

Why do the Trumpists refuse to acknowledge that yelling fire in a crowed theater is not protected speech?

are you now conflating this nonexistant charge of insurrection with an actual crime?

interesting.....

In context, meaning with you putting words into Trumps mouth that he NEVER said, that is what you heard or thought he meant (good luck getting that guilty verdict at trial with that)

like i said....he went to x, when the insurrection charges needed him to go to y (close but no cigar)

almost like he knew he couldnt go further.....

and you all will bitch and moan that the GOP has no balls and backbone when they again let Trump off (if it evens gets to a trial) when it should have NEVER gotten to this point

By all that is holy, your orange idol deserves to be in prison the rest of his life.

are you now conflating this nonexistant charge of insurrection with an actual crime?

interesting.....

we all get the drill...

up is down, left is right, fact is fiction....

Yes it is, what is not good is your link.

Peace
That's one example. The point is, it is not illegal to shout fire in a crowded theatre.

That was what congress said they were basing the impeachment on...his speech on the 6th

DO you have something different to share with us?

I’m saying you are pretending his speech that day only consists of the words you want taken as his really real meaning, discarding the rest that are inconvenient to you.

Also: this is not a legal proceeding.

I’m saying you are pretending his speech that day only consists of the words you want taken as his really real meaning, discarding the rest that are inconvenient to you.

Also: this is not a legal proceeding.

you want to try again.....maybe next time it will actually make sense

a speech only containing words....who knew! what else was it supposed to contain?

And his real meaning? wow...i didnt get the special decoder ring in my package...did only progressives/liberals/democrats get that? can you send me yours so i can decode the rest of the messages that supposedly were in his speech?

Nothing is inconvenient to me....unless you mean the TRUTH.....i never liked Trump....still dont.....dont like people trying to railroad people either.....

Same as i didnt like the treatment Obama got....but that is another message for another day

Here, the argument is, did Trump incite an insurrection on the 6th with his speech.....

And only the most partisan hacks are still saying yes.....

He told them to go fight.

He told them to march down to the Capital to show support for the people that needed to have courage to fight.

Can you please cut and paste the words that you obviously have never read to support your opinions that are obviously uninformed?

He told them to march down to the Capital to show support for the people that needed to have courage to fight.

Can you please cut and paste the words that you obviously have never read to support your opinions that are obviously uninformed?

What is the thing Trump told them they needed courage to fight for on Jan 6, two months after the election?

Clearly Inciting the Insurrection and Open Rebellion that followed:

Especially Don Jr. They want to take the country "back", when actually it's just take the country. Take it back? From what, democracy? What a traitorous bunch that should, if the U.S.A. is a nation of laws that no man is above, be arrested, charged, and tried according to the law, and the Constitution, which calls for death in the case of convicted traitors.
Yeah, just let the corrupt grifters use you to take control of the country for themselves, what a great idea, except for the part about getting arrested, charged and facing serious prison time. Drain the swamp indeed, and replace it with an even worse swamp. Don't fall for the BS from this grasping slime.

Nothing that was done in regards to Jan. 6th, 2021 meets the constitutional definition of "treason".

Clearly Inciting the Insurrection and Open Rebellion that followed:

Especially Don Jr. They want to take the country "back", when actually it's just take the country. Take it back? From what, democracy? What a traitorous bunch that should, if the U.S.A. is a nation of laws that no man is above, be arrested, charged, and tried according to the law, and the Constitution, which calls for death in the case of convicted traitors.
Yeah, just let the corrupt grifters use you to take control of the country for themselves, what a great idea, except for the part about getting arrested, charged and facing serious prison time. Drain the swamp indeed, and replace it with an even worse swamp. Don't fall for the BS from this grasping slime.

Though I wish he could be jailed, I don't think it will happen, he will tie up the courts for years, and given his age, he will cease long before he gets jail time. I have said this to others: it is time to STOP giving Trump air, simply ignore him, let the prosecutors for other jurisdictions charge him for financial crimes, but the federal government needs to govern, not pursue vengeance.
YES, Trump is guilty, but one has to consider the time and energy that will be devoted to prosecuting him that could be better spent in undoing the damage he has done: I am even against impeachment since it ties up valuable time in the Senate and will alienate half the public.

Back
Top Bottom