• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long until Barr is fired?

How long until Barr is fired?

• It will be momentarily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 24 hours

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Won't happen

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • At some point before Trump leaves office

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters
I know.
Have you heard about the Texas lawsuit?
Yes, but they say the states have no standing.

Are you really grasping at that straw now?

"How many times does The Donald want to lose?"

He's about 50-1 at this point.

"Even conservative legal scholars, however, predicted that the lawsuit will fail. “By almost any measure, this is the legal equivalent of a Hail Mary pass,” wrote Hans von Spakovsky, a former Federal Elections Commissioner and senior legal fellow at the conservative Heritage Foundation."​
"He called it a “press release masquerading as a lawsuit,” and argued that Texas does not have standing to sue, and even if it did it would have had to raise objections to these election changes before the election, not after. He added that the remedy Texas seeks would “disenfranchise tens of millions of voters” and that there’s “no reason to believe the voting conducted in any of the states was done unconstitutionally.”​
"Lisa Marshall Manheim, associate professor at the University of Washington School of Law, wrote in the Washington Post that “the litigation is legally incoherent, factually untethered, and based on theories of remedy that fundamentally misunderstand the electoral process,” predicting that it will fail."

Yes, but they say the states have no standing.

Are you really grasping at that straw now?

"How many times does The Donald want to lose?"

He's about 50-1 at this point.

"Even conservative legal scholars, however, predicted that the lawsuit will fail. “By almost any measure, this is the legal equivalent of a Hail Mary pass,” wrote Hans von Spakovsky, a former Federal Elections Commissioner and senior legal fellow at the conservative Heritage Foundation."​
"He called it a “press release masquerading as a lawsuit,” and argued that Texas does not have standing to sue, and even if it did it would have had to raise objections to these election changes before the election, not after. He added that the remedy Texas seeks would “disenfranchise tens of millions of voters” and that there’s “no reason to believe the voting conducted in any of the states was done unconstitutionally.”​
"Lisa Marshall Manheim, associate professor at the University of Washington School of Law, wrote in the Washington Post that “the litigation is legally incoherent, factually untethered, and based on theories of remedy that fundamentally misunderstand the electoral process,” predicting that it will fail."
I'm just mentioning a lawsuit that we haven't discussed.
I'm aware of how the Texas suit has been reviewed.
Texas certainly has standing and they couldn't object to something that hadn't happened yet.
It may fail but it's the interesting as hell to contemplate.
And I believe the SC asked the 4 states to respond to the charges by tomorrow.
They wouldn't have done that if it was "legally incoherent, factually untethered, and based on theories of remedy that fundamentally misunderstand the electoral process,".
They would have tossed it already.
btw, Lisa Marshall Manheim clerked for a Clinton appointed Circuit Judge soooooooo...

I'm just mentioning a lawsuit that we haven't discussed.
I'm aware of how the Texas suit has been reviewed.
Texas certainly has standing and they couldn't object to something that hadn't happened yet.
It may fail but it's the interesting as hell to contemplate.
And I believe the SC asked the 4 states to respond to the charges by tomorrow.
They wouldn't have done that if it was "legally incoherent, factually untethered, and based on theories of remedy that fundamentally misunderstand the electoral process,".
They would have tossed it already.
btw, Lisa Marshall Manheim clerked for a Clinton appointed Circuit Judge soooooooo...
And after so many conservatives commented negatively, you cherry pick Manheim?

We'll see but again, this is the same thing that SCOTUS ruled against in PA already.

When this lawsuit gets dismissed...will you admit there was no election fraud? (At least nothing that could have changed the outcome)

And after so many conservatives commented negatively, you cherry pick Manheim?

We'll see but again, this is the same thing that SCOTUS ruled against in PA already.

When this lawsuit gets dismissed...will you admit there was no election fraud? (At least nothing that could have changed the outcome)
I'm aware of how the lawsuit is perceived but I picked Manheim because it was the most over-the-top piece of pretentiousness.
No, the Texas lawsuit is completely different than the Kelly suit.

Suits get dismissed for various reasons.
If all the suits get dismissed there still could have been fraud.
There definitely was election fraud. No one seriously denies that.
The amount and the effect is the only thing in question.

I'm aware of how the lawsuit is perceived but I picked Manheim because it was the most over-the-top piece of pretentiousness.
No, the Texas lawsuit is completely different than the Kelly suit.

Suits get dismissed for various reasons.
If all the suits get dismissed there still could have been fraud.
There definitely was election fraud. No one seriously denies that.
The amount and the effect is the only thing in question.
WHy do you believe there was fraud if there is no *valid* evidence?

And everyone not a follower of The Donald seriously denies there was any fraud.

You have zero evidence to the contrary. Thus far, 50 out 51 challenges have been dismissed. What on earth are you "believing" exists? All you have is the word of a self-serving narcissist who doesnt want to leave his position of power. (that's called a dictator)

WHy do you believe there was fraud if there is no *valid* evidence?

And everyone not a follower of The Donald seriously denies there was any fraud.

You have zero evidence to the contrary. Thus far, 50 out 51 challenges have been dismissed. What on earth are you "believing" exists? All you have is the word of a self-serving narcissist who doesnt want to leave his position of power. (that's called a dictator)
There have been plenty of reports about the kind of voter fraud that happens in every election. How can you not be aware that voter fraud happens all the time? https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Lawsuits can be dismissed for lack of standing, for “effectively on the grounds that Wood was suing the wrong people,” , lacking merit, reason for suit is moot, lacking legal basis, ...

There have been plenty of reports about the kind of voter fraud that happens in every election. How can you not be aware that voter fraud happens all the time? https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Lawsuits can be dismissed for lack of standing, for “effectively on the grounds that Wood was suing the wrong people,” , lacking merit, reason for suit is moot, lacking legal basis, ...
And yet....not a single report has been validated (one was I guess). In Republican states, in swing states, by Republican governors, secretaries of state, and poll officials. :rolleyes:

I can report voter fraud from my couch :rolleyes: Where are the 'valid' claims?

And yet....not a single report has been validated (one was I guess). In Republican states, in swing states, by Republican governors, secretaries of state, and poll officials. :rolleyes:

I can report voter fraud from my couch :rolleyes: Where are the 'valid' claims?
Do a search on "2020 voter fraud arrests".

Do a search on "2020 voter fraud arrests".
😄 😄 😄

OMG, most of those are for prior elections, unsupported, and/or on ultra-conservative sites.

Come on! :rolleyes:

😄 😄 😄

OMG, most of those are for prior elections, unsupported, and/or on ultra-conservative sites.

Come on! :rolleyes:

"Allegations of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election are the subject of a federal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) – with the agency instructing its state offices to look into “credible” claims involving electoral irregularities.
Typically, the feds wait until elections have been formally certified to initiate such actions."

AND ...

You either don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud or you think this is the only election in which there was none.
Which?

"Allegations of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election are the subject of a federal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) – with the agency instructing its state offices to look into “credible” claims involving electoral irregularities.
Typically, the feds wait until elections have been formally certified to initiate such actions."
That's a month old :rolleyes: And Barr has come out, as discussed there (in future tense), followed the process and concluded the exact opposite...he declared the election without fraud :rolleyes:

Since you found that to be a valid source and process BEFORE his statement...why dont you believe Barr now? Please explain?

AND ...

You either don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud or you think this is the only election in which there was none.
Which?
Not none...there have been some individuals, but there's no 'coordinated' effort and nothing that made any remotely significant difference. Not only that, there were cases of Republicans doing it too. There was one where some stupid far-right dudes were driving North with Trump ballots in the back of their pickup truck from somewhere down south. Small, delusional potatoes.

There has been ZERO VALID fraud found however. And the current suit from TX isnt about fraud either.

That's a month old :rolleyes: And Barr has come out, as discussed there (in future tense) and done the exact opposite...he declared the election without fraud :rolleyes:

Not none...there have been some individuals, but there's no 'coordinated' effort and nothing that made any remotely significant difference. Not only that, there were cases of Republicans doing it too. There was one where some stupid far-right dudes were driving North with Trump ballots in the back of their pickup truck from somewhere down south. Small, delusional potatoes.

There has been ZERO VALID fraud found however. And the current suit from TX isnt about fraud either.

Barr absolutely positively did NOT declare the election without fraud.

If true, the details in the Texas suit is what made election fraud possible in the various states.

Barr absolutely positively did NOT declare the election without fraud.

If true, the details in the Texas suit is what made election fraud possible in the various states.
“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Barr told The Associated Press. "
William Barr

And that's a month after the election and most of the investigations completed. Not only that, the few after that, brought by Rudy? Powell? All also thrown out of the courts.

The states have all certified the election. The window is closed. And what 'new' has been discovered and reported? :rolleyes: What are they waiting for?

Btw, no, you dont understand the TX suit. Has nothing to do with fraud...those voters submitted those votes legally under 'current' state law. The charge is that those changes to the law were not legal. The reasoning is that the changes were due to the epidemic and therefore, not valid. This exact thing was already thrown out by SCOTUS for PA.

First, other states have no standing to interfere in those states' election processes AND second, as has already been found in one dismissal, if they wanted to challenge, the challenges had to come BEFORE the election...and not ONLY in states where they didnt like the results.

Edit: here, you might find this helpful:

Last edited:
“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Barr told The Associated Press. "
William Barr

And that's a month after the election and most of the investigations completed. Not only that, the few after that, brought by Rudy? Powell? All also thrown out of the courts.

The states have all certified the election. The window is closed. And what 'new' has been discovered and reported? :rolleyes: What are they waiting for?

Btw, no, you dont understand the TX suit. Has nothing to do with fraud...those voters submitted those vote legally under 'current' state law. The charge is that those changes to the law were not legal. The reasoning is that the changes were due to the epidemic and therefore, not valid. This exact thing was already thrown out by SCOTUS for PA.
William Barr

Btw, no, you dont understand the TX suit. Has nothing to do with fraud...those voters submitted those votes legally under 'current' state law. The charge is that those changes to the law were not legal. The reasoning is that the changes were due to the epidemic and therefore, not valid. This exact thing was already thrown out by SCOTUS for PA.

First, other states have no standing to interfere in those states election processes AND second, as has already been found in one dismissal, if they wanted to challenge, the challenges had to come BEFORE the election...and not ONLY in states where they didnt like the results.
That's right.
Are you claiming " he declared the election without fraud " is the same as "To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Barr told The Associated Press. "
William Barr
If you think they're the same then I've been wasting my time trying to reason with you.

You're mistaken again. The election laws in some states were overridden or allowed to be ignored by Governors or Judges or Sec of States. That's the foundation of the Texas lawsuit.
That means "those voters submitted those votes legally under 'current' state law." would be false.

Back
Top Bottom