• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Jehovah's Witnesses have helped you and your freedoms...

I'll have to wait for the answer.:lamo

Christmas has nothing to do with Christ's actual birth...it is a secular holiday...

it can be and i think its best as one the idea that someone needs to hurt an innocent so they don't have to hurt you is ****ed up

the idea that it only counts if you sign up is just a scare tactic a real god would not need

a christ is a sick thing

You forgot the part where Jehovah's Witnesses lead their followers down the path to perdition.

Example: They deny the eternal deity of Christ and the Holy Spirit - making the former into a created being instead of the Creator, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit by making him into some kind of Star Wars Force instead of the Third person of the Godhead.

And since JW's don't believe Jesus is Jehovah, God, then John 8:24 signals their eventual downfall. With sins not forgiven, Hell is the only place left for them.

"I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.” - John 8:24

Thereafter, the Jews asked Jesus who he was. Jesus answered them in John 8:58 by saying, "Before Abraham was, I am." That's right - Jesus is claiming to be the I AM of the Burning Bush. John 8:59 then noted, "At this, they (the Jews) picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds." Why did they want to stone him? Not for claiming to be a man or an angel, but for claiming to be God.

But the Jehovah's Witnesses couldn't stomach such a clear representation of the deity of Jesus as that.

"So strong was Jesus’ affirmation of deity in John 8:58 that the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Bible (the (NWT) had to mistranslate the present active indicative verb, eimi (“am”) turning it into a past tense: “I have been”. From this, the JW’s argue that Jesus was not claiming to be deity (“I am”), but rather He was claiming to be “older” than Abraham was (as Michael the archangel), which incited the Jews to want to kill Him. However, what immediately refutes this false notion is:... 1) Simply, the Greek text contains the PRESENT indicative verb eimi (“am”) and not any kind of past tense. This clearly shows that the NWT purposely altered the Greek NT text, from the present “I am” (viz. the Eternal One) to a past “I have been” (as if Jesus was merely saying that He is older than Abraham) to fit the distinctive theology of the WT (WatchTower)."

https://christiandefense.org/jehova...-the-jehovah-witnesses-bible-nwt-on-john-858/

That's satanic, IMO, to de-deify Jesus Christ.

And so, the JW's lead many into perdition by virtue of their massive revisions to the Bible and by their subsequent false and demonic teachings based on their corrupted mistranslations.

Last edited:

Too bad.....and, too sad.

It doesn't help anyone - in fact, it destroys - when JW mislead people about Jesus Christ.

True freedom happens when we place our faith, and trust in Christ.

Last edited:
The NWT is base on the oldest Coptic manuscripts available today...which were translated from the original Greek language of Jesus' day...thus being the most accurate translations available...

Hence the Coptic translation supplies interesting evidence as to how John 1:1 would have been understood back then. What do we find?

The sohidic Coptic translation uses an indefinite article with the word "god" in the final part of John 1:1. Evidently those ancient translations realized that John's words recorded at John 1:1 did not mean that jests was to be identified as Almighty God. The Word was a god, not Almighty God.

Christmas has nothing to do with Christ's actual birth...it is a secular holiday...

Psst...maybe let Christians provide the definition of Christian holidays, k?

There is barely anything about modern day Christmas that resembles its origination/intent. How it is celebrated today is a sham pushed on us by the retail industry in the pretense that it will make us feel good when truth is that Christmas is the most stressfull time of the year for far too many who feel pressured emotionally and financially into the whole gift giving tradition pushed by retailers with creative ways to help you and your money part ways. There is barely anything about Christmas in the 21st century related to early Christianity and Christ. The date was initially selected by the early church merely as a time/means to convert pagans into christians (but don't ever forget how the early christian church treated those who did not convert). I do not understand why modern day Christians refuse to accept or believe that early pagan beginnings/traditions were commonly used in the beginning of the christian church and then clung to well into our modern times.

There is barely anything about modern day Christmas that resembles its origination/intent. How it is celebrated today is a sham pushed on us by the retail industry in the pretense that it will make us feel good when truth is that Christmas is the most stressfull time of the year for far too many who feel pressured emotionally and financially into the whole gift giving tradition pushed by retailers with creative ways to help you and your money part ways. There is barely anything about Christmas in the 21st century related to early Christianity and Christ. The date was initially selected by the early church merely as a time/means to convert pagans into christians (but don't ever forget how the early christian church treated those who did not convert). I do not understand why modern day Christians refuse to accept or believe that early pagan beginnings/traditions were commonly used in the beginning of the christian church and then clung to well into our modern times.

I don't understand either... :shrug: Then again, I don't run into too many modern day Christians that would argue with you - though to be fair, I run in different denominational circles than the Christians that would go to war over this. Nah, the history is pretty clear, and the Church would hardly be the first organization to benefit from piggybacking off of another organization's branding.

Doesn't mean your description of Christmas is definitive or accurate in every case, or what is celebrated today in my church. So we don't celebrate Christ's birthday on his birthdate...who cares? Whether it was Dec 25 or Mar 25, you still have folks celebrating his birthday 2000 years later. Not too shabby. ;)

I love Christmas. I'm sorry you don't. Hopefully you have another time of the year that you really enjoy. I promise, I won't crap all over it. :)

I don't understand either... :shrug: Then again, I don't run into too many modern day Christians that would argue with you - though to be fair, I run in different denominational circles than the Christians that would go to war over this. Nah, the history is pretty clear, and the Church would hardly be the first organization to benefit from piggybacking off of another organization's branding.

Doesn't mean your description of Christmas is definitive or accurate in every case, or what is celebrated today in my church. So we don't celebrate Christ's birthday on his birthdate...who cares? Whether it was Dec 25 or Mar 25, you still have folks celebrating his birthday 2000 years later. Not too shabby. ;)

I love Christmas. I'm sorry you don't. Hopefully you have another time of the year that you really enjoy. I promise, I won't crap all over it. :)

I recognize Christmas for what it has become ... and don't hate Christmas...There are things about it that I do enjoy....however, I wouldn't be upset if it went away specifically the commercialized piece of it.

Celebrating the birth of Christ 2000+ years later is pretty impressive...especially when you think about the fact that no other person - male or female has made as big an impact on mankind and religion. Regardless of one's belief or lack of....we would be hard pressed to find anyone in this world who have never heard the name Jesus, who he was, and what he represents to Christianity.

I recognize Christmas for what it has become ... and don't hate Christmas...There are things about it that I do enjoy....however, I wouldn't be upset if it went away specifically the commercialized piece of it.

Celebrating the birth of Christ 2000+ years later is pretty impressive...especially when you think about the fact that no other person - male or female has made as big an impact on mankind and religion. Regardless of one's belief or lack of....we would be hard pressed to find anyone in this world who have never heard the name Jesus, who he was, and what he represents to Christianity.

The only ones that come to mind are Mohammed and Buddha. It must have been a pretty epic 600 years. :)

The pagan Yule is a fun festival. That's why the Christians usurped it.

And that's why here in Sweden it is still called Jul - the pagans have won, OK?

It is not a Christian holiday...Christ was not even born on Dec. 25th nor did he command his followers to observe his birth...it is a pagan holiday masked as Christian...

It is not a Christian holiday...Christ was not even born on Dec. 25th nor did he command his followers to observe his birth...it is a pagan holiday masked as Christian...

seems more likely that he asked for the holiday then he had anything to do with a god but your right in the bible stories jesus did not call for new holidays

dont know why he would object to them though

How gratifying to be able to agree with you Elvira - an all too rare event.

Better find some new names for the days of the week, then, because they are named after Pagan gods.

I have and will always acknowledge the extremely important role Jehovah’s Witnesses have played in protecting Church-State separation

However I also think that it was out of self-preservation and not a general principle, and i am not convinced that a JW majority would allow such separation.

seems more likely that he asked for the holiday then he had anything to do with a god but your right in the bible stories jesus did not call for new holidays

dont know why he would object to them though

He did call it a Christian holiday...

Better find some new names for the days of the week, then, because they are named after Pagan gods.

Not something I have power over...I do have power over whether to inculcate pagan worship/rituals into my worship to Jehovah, though...I choose not to...

“‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” 2 Corinthians 6:17

"It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.” Mark 7:7,8

"For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way," Romans 1:18

Not something I have power over...I do have power over whether to inculcate pagan worship/rituals into my worship to Jehovah, though...I choose not to...

“‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” 2 Corinthians 6:17

"It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.” Mark 7:7,8

"For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way," Romans 1:18

It's too late, you are down among them and you can't even see it. You know who God is but you neither glorify Him as God nor give thanks to him, but your thinking has become futile and your foolish hearts are darkened.

He did call it a Christian holiday...

Maybe he meant that Christians celebrate that day - commemorating the significance of the birth of
Christ to mankind?

If we're going to nitpick - looking for flaws from our brothers and sisters - perhaps we should look inward, and seriously contemplate all the verses that support one another in declaring Jesus and God are One and the Same?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/theology/309564-god-himself-them-7.html#post1069287290

That's very important, you know. You do a lot of things that honor and glorify Jesus Christ.

Why Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Observe the Lord’s Supper Differently From the Way Other Religions Do?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/lords-supper/

You ain't monotheistic, if you don't believe Jesus is God in the flesh.

And since we're into nitpicking - It's Just Me is right about the days of the weeks, you know. They're derived from pagan gods. Sunday is named after the Sun god Ra.

What's JW's name for Sunday?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom