• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Jehovah's Witnesses have helped you and your freedoms...

OK, video watched.

I wouldn't like to be in a JW household...not that they're bad people par se...

I much prefer to live in an Atheist household with no mention of god at all...and enjoy Christmas as a fun holiday - the way it was always meant to be.

Well, thank you for that...most people wanna comment without bothering...fact is, our refusing blood has made health care for everyone more safe, any way you cut it...no pun intended...:2razz:

I hate Christmas and dread the season, for what it stands for...to each their own...

Well, thank you for that...most people wanna comment without bothering...fact is, our refusing blood has made health care for everyone more safe, any way you cut it...no pun intended...:2razz:

I hate Christmas and dread the season, for what it stands for...to each their own...

how has your refusing blood made healthcare more safe?

and those holidays stand for what ever people wish them to including you

how has your refusing blood made healthcare more safe?

and those holidays stand for what ever people wish them to including you

It certainly didn't help someone I went to high school with. It killed him. Deader than a door nail. He could have taken treatment for his leukemia, but he died instead.

Don't forget Easter - another pagan festival stolen by the Christians.

Thats a lie.

That word has been imposed on us by society. We do not use that word. It just like how "Halloween"has been imposed on all Saints Day Eve.

Thats a lie.

That word has been imposed on us by society. We do not use that word. It just like how "Halloween"has been imposed on all Saints Day Eve.

It is not a lie.

Easter is a pagan festival. If Easter isn't really about Jesus, then what is it about? Today, we see a secular culture celebrating the spring equinox, whilst religious culture celebrates the resurrection. However, early Christianity made a pragmatic acceptance of ancient pagan practises, most of which we enjoy today at Easter. The general symbolic story of the death of the son (sun) on a cross (the constellation of the Southern Cross) and his rebirth, overcoming the powers of darkness, was a well worn story in the ancient world. There were plenty of parallel, rival resurrected saviours too.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

It is not a lie.

Easter is a pagan festival. If Easter isn't really about Jesus, then what is it about? Today, we see a secular culture celebrating the spring equinox, whilst religious culture celebrates the resurrection. However, early Christianity made a pragmatic acceptance of ancient pagan practises, most of which we enjoy today at Easter. The general symbolic story of the death of the son (sun) on a cross (the constellation of the Southern Cross) and his rebirth, overcoming the powers of darkness, was a well worn story in the ancient world. There were plenty of parallel, rival resurrected saviours too.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

When you're right, you're right, Z man...

There is nothing new in Christianity.

"Hate Christmas and what it stands for"? Well, Merry Christmas anyway, Scrooge.

dont get her started on the demonic halloween customs like costumes and decorations and black licorice

dont get her started on the demonic halloween customs like costumes and decorations and black licorice

I wonder if she has anything against Thanksgiving...

Don't forget Easter - another pagan festival stolen by the Christians.
Thats a lie. That word has been imposed on us by society. We do not use that word. It just like how "Halloween"has been imposed on all Saints Day Eve.
It is not a lie...........

It IS a lie!!

The Catholic Church calls it "Pascha", the Latin word derived from Passover. The Eastern Orthodox call it its Greek equivalent. It is a celebration of the day Christ rose from the dead, and occurs with the same calendars as the Jewish passover.

The word "Easter" comes to the English language thanks to protestants, ultimately from the nothern barbarians of Europe, not from the southern Empire.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

d6c6a84adc954b00890f84a6b20339fe.jpg

Last edited:
It IS a lie!!

The Catholic Church calls it "Pascha", the Latin word derived from Passover. The Eastern Orthodox call it its Greek equivalent. It is a celebration of the day Christ rose from the dead, and occurs with the same calendars as the Jewish passover.

The word "Easter" comes to the English language thanks to protestants, ultimately from the nothern barbarians of Europe, not from the southern Empire.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

d6c6a84adc954b00890f84a6b20339fe.jpg

You don't have a clue. There is nothing new in Christianity.

You don't have a clue.........

YOU don't have a clue. I know more about Christianity than you will ever know:

In another thread, somebody said the Easter is "another pagan festival stolen by the Christians". This is pure ignorance, and it is not true.

The Catholic Church calls it "Pascha", the Latin word derived from Passover. The Eastern Orthodox call it its Greek equivalent which, by sheer coincidence, is also spelled "Pascha". It is a celebration of the day Christ rose from the dead, and occurs at the same time as the Jewish passover, which we all know is when Christ was put to death and then rose again on the first day of the week.

That is the celebration, and the highest holy day on the Christian calendar.

The word "Easter" has been imposed on this holiday as a matter of the English language, not by the Church. The English language has given us a lot of rotten substitutions for religious words that were around before there even was an English language. The English language has its Genesis among the norther Barbarians of Europe, not the southern nations of the Empire. Have you ever noticed how Spanish and Italian and Portuguese all sound very similar? That because they all come from Latin, the language of the Empire. Other languages come from the Barbarians and the East.

In Spanish, Easter is "Pascua de Resurrección"
In Italian, Easter is "Pasqua"
In Portuguese Easter is "Páscoa".

Sadly, in English, we are stuck with Easter.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the Church. The Church did not invent the English language. Pascha is what it is, the high holy day celebrating the day Christ rose from the dead. What it is NOT is "another pagan festival stolen by the Christians".

look guys a slong as i can get some cheep candy the day after who cares

except for peeps those are of the devil

YOU don't have a clue. I know more about Christianity than you will ever know:

You don't know anything about my knowledge of Christianity. That's what I was referring to.

Origin And Development
The early Christian community distinguished between the identification of the date of Jesus’ birth and the liturgical celebration of that event. The actual observance of the day of Jesus’ birth was long in coming. In particular, during the first two centuries of Christianity there was strong opposition to recognizing birthdays of martyrs or, for that matter, of Jesus. Numerous Church Fathers offered sarcastic comments about the pagan custom of celebrating birthdays when, in fact, saints and martyrs should be honoured on the days of their martyrdom—their true “birthdays,” from the church’s perspective.

The precise origin of assigning December 25 as the birth date of Jesus is unclear. The New Testament provides no clues in this regard. December 25 was first identified as the date of Jesus’ birth by Sextus Julius Africanus in 221 and later became the universally accepted date. One widespread explanation of the origin of this date is that December 25 was the Christianizing of the dies solis invicti nati (“day of the birth of the unconquered sun”), a popular holiday in the Roman Empire that celebrated the winter solstice as a symbol of the resurgence of the sun, the casting away of winter and the heralding of the rebirth of spring and summer. Indeed, after December 25 had become widely accepted as the date of Jesus’ birth, Christian writers frequently made the connection between the rebirth of the sun and the birth of the Son. One of the difficulties with this view is that it suggests a nonchalant willingness on the part of the Christian church to appropriate a pagan festival when the early church was so intent on distinguishing itself categorically from pagan beliefs and practices.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas has nothing to do with Christ's actual birth...it is a secular holiday...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know all this, and I also know that people today are not celebrating some kind of Pagan festival. I've told you before: you probably observe many Pagan practices yourself.

Absolutely not...the only day of the year I observe is Christ's death...as he commanded...Nisan 14...

...unless you need a blood transfusion.

Also their kids feel left out at Christmas time because they've got nothing to look forward to.
There are other factors of being a good neighbor outside of blood transfusions. I believe there are other denominations who do not believe in transfusions.
As for Christmas ?
I'm sure JW have their own celebrations.
Their are folks who celebrate Kwanza.

You can be a good neighbor despite beliefs.
"" "" """ Hanukkah.

Back
Top Bottom