• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Jehovah's Witnesses have helped you and your freedoms...

Well thanks...I think...:2razz:

We are diametrically opposed on all matters religious but that does preclude mutual respect ... I think.

And the date doesn't matter anyway.

Nope. Faith has overcome greater obstacles than that. ;)

Pretty version of that song, by the way. I'm staying at home today due to a snow storm, and this put me right in the Christmas mood. Which I'm rather bitter with you for, given that it's only mid November... haha :lol:

Nope. Faith has overcome greater obstacles than that. ;)

Pretty version of that song, by the way. I'm staying at home today due to a snow storm, and this put me right in the Christmas mood. Which I'm rather bitter with you for, given that it's only mid November... haha :lol:

Where I live, snow is such a miracle that around kids (and grownup kids too), we refer only to the "s-word."

Maybe he meant that Christians celebrate that day - commemorating the significance of the birth of
Christ to mankind?

If we're going to nitpick - looking for flaws from our brothers and sisters - perhaps we should look inward, and seriously contemplate all the verses that support one another in declaring Jesus and God are One and the Same?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/theology/309564-god-himself-them-7.html#post1069287290

That's very important, you know. You do a lot of things that honor and glorify Jesus Christ.

Why Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Observe the Lord’s Supper Differently From the Way Other Religions Do?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/lords-supper/

You ain't monotheistic, if you don't believe Jesus is God in the flesh.

And since we're into nitpicking - It's Just Me is right about the days of the weeks, you know. They're derived from pagan gods. Sunday is named after the Sun god Ra.

What's JW's name for Sunday?

"For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:50

"For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:50

What about it? Explain how that responds to what you quoted.

But first.....in order to do the will of God, you'll have to have faith and trust the Bible, right?
That's the Manual.

If we have faith in God, we have faith in the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

1 Cor 24
37 If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord’s commandment.

John 14
26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Last edited:
What about it? Explain how that responds to what you quoted.

It is self-explanatory...my brothers and sisters are doing Jehovah's will...they do not teach false doctrines...they are no part of the world, including partaking in pagan holidays/earthly governments, etc...my brothers' and sisters' King is Jesus Christ and none other...

It is self-explanatory...my brothers and sisters are doing Jehovah's will...they do not teach false doctrines...they are no part of the world, including partaking in pagan holidays/earthly governments, etc...my brothers' and sisters' King is Jesus Christ and none other...

You do not trust the Bible. Therefore, how can you say you're doing Jehovah's will?

You're questioning the credibility of the Bible we have today.....like as if God will not protect and ensure the Bible (which He gave to mankind for our reference), does not deviate from the message He
want to give to us.

Your video has put more credibility on encyclopedias and dictionaries than the Bible.

Last edited:
You do not trust the Bible. Your video has put more credibility on encyclopedias and dictionaries than the Bible.

Is that all ya got?...lol...

Is that all ya got?...lol...

Well...

To question the credibility of the Bible.....to put more credibility on encyclopedias and dictionaries.......
that beats all, you know.

If you folks don't trust the Bible - and find more credibility in claims that it's corrupted by paganism -
heck, why are you even believing a man named Jesus Christ had really existed?

Why not believe Jesus was copied from Sumerians?

Is that all you can say? :lol:

Last edited:
Well...

To question the credibility of the Bible.....to put more credibility on encyclopedias and dictionaries.......
that beats all, you know.

If you folks don't trust the Bible - and find more credibility in claims that it's corrupted by paganism -
heck, why are you even believing a man named Jesus Christ had really existed?

Why not believe Jesus was copied from Sumerians?

Is that all you can say? :lol:

Yeah, that's why I use the Bible in nearly every post...yeah, that's it's...:2razz:

Yeah, that's why I use the Bible in nearly every post...yeah, that's it's...:2razz:

Yeah, you quote from the Bible so often.....which is why you're contradicting yourself.
Your video questions the credibility of the Bible. :)

As shown by your own video, JW upholds encyclopedias and dictionaries as the "truth," and in the process,
JW actually uses non-believers' attacking arguments against the Bible.

As shown by your own video, JW stands on the opposite side with non-believers, trying to reason.......
........against the Bible.

If the Bible has been so corrupted - it cannot be a book inspired by God. It has no validity.
That's your message.

Furthermore, JW does not agree with Jesus Christ. :shrug:

How can you folks disagree with Jesus Christ - practically making Him into a liar, or looney - and call yourselves
His disciples?

If you're saying Jesus lied with one claim (that He is God), then that makes Him a liar, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, you quote from the Bible so often.....which is why you're contradicting yourself.
Your video questions the credibility of the Bible. :)

As shown by your own video, JW upholds encyclopedias and dictionaries as the "truth," and in the process,
JW actually uses non-believers' attacking arguments against the Bible.

As shown by your own video, JW stands on the opposite side with non-believers, trying to reason.......
........against the Bible.

If the Bible has been so corrupted - it cannot be a book inspired by God. It has no validity.
That's your message.

Furthermore, JW does not agree with Jesus Christ. :shrug:

How can you folks disagree with Jesus Christ - practically making Him into a liar, or looney - and call yourselves
His disciples?

If you're saying Jesus lied with one claim (that He is God), then that makes Him a liar, right?

"If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:3-6

"If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:3-6

:roll: Oh please spare me. Don't hide behind verses to deflect.
It's not about whether the message is "veiled." It's about how you regard the Bible itself!

Where do you get what you preach?

From the Book......
which credibility you question!

The point seems to be "veiled" to you, so I have to wonder.......

Did you ever watch your own video? The one you used in your OP of your thread, "If Jesus is God...?"
Do you even know the questions they ask in it?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/beliefs-and-skepticism/336890-if-jesus-god.html

Lol. Isn't this wild?
You're preaching from something you declare - publicly - has questionable validity! :lamo

lol. Don't ever get into marketing, Elvira.
You know what they say - you've got to believe in your product, if you want to sell it well!

Last edited:
You do not trust the Bible. Therefore, how can you say you're doing Jehovah's will?

You're questioning the credibility of the Bible we have today.....like as if God will not protect and ensure the Bible (which He gave to mankind for our reference), does not deviate from the message He
want to give to us.

Your video has put more credibility on encyclopedias and dictionaries than the Bible.

did a god ever tell you the bible was from it?

why would an omnipotent all knowing being not just talk to every one instead?

why would a god let itself be hidden and why would is use you as a poor substitute for itself?

why would a god let itself be hidden and why would is use you as a poor substitute for itself?

Why do you care since you don't believe there is a God?

:roll: Oh please spare me. Don't hide behind verses to deflect.
It's not about whether the message is "veiled." It's about how you regard the Bible itself!

Where do you get what you preach?

From the Book......
which credibility you question!

The point seems to be "veiled" to you, so I have to wonder.......

Did you ever watch your own video? The one you used in your OP on this thread?
Do you even know the questions they ask in it?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/beliefs-and-skepticism/336890-if-jesus-god.html

Lol. Isn't this wild?
You're preaching from something you declare - publicly - has questionable validity! :lamo

lol. Don't ever get into marketing, Elvira.
You know what they say - you've got to believe in your product, if you want to sell it well!

Talking about dense:roll:...it is not the credibility of the Bible I question, never have...it is the false doctrines applied to it I don't only question but deny wholeheartedly...I've been there and once believed them...then I learned the truth...if you choose to reject the truth and remain blind, that is on you because God will hold you accountable...

“Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son.”​ 2 John 9

This will be my last response to you unless you stop your asinine
posting of difference font sizes and colors...grow up...

Here's a long explanation.

Is the Bible truly God's Word?

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.html

I don't know the mind of God....but surely, he has His own reason.

going to call bull**** on the unity nonsense a story is not true because it agrees with itself

and the prophecy bit seems questionable at best

as wella s relying on the charter of its alleged authors

and a story ending doesn't make it true either

nether dose referencing locations and events make claims of the supernatural true

if your god trely existed you should know its mnd i should know its mind everyone should know its mind if your god wants its mind to be known

Why do you care since you don't believe there is a God?

because you and others support things i see as evil in its name

because you and others support things i see as evil in its name

I repeat...why do you care since you don't believe there is a God?

I repeat...why do you care since you don't believe there is a God?

if it make no sense for a god to send you to speak for it when it can just as easy communicate to every one then that suggest your god is false and maybe you will stop supporting evil in its name if you see that

I see you using the JW.org web site much more than I see you using the bible.

Back
Top Bottom