• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does Trump get away with it?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
First we had Trump admit on TV he fired Cohen because of the Russian investigation and then bragged about it to the Russians at a meeting with their ambassador. The last meeting we know about since the Russians made it public. Now we have Trump making a threat to Cohen that if he spills any beans to congress Trump can and will send the FBI after his father-in-law. One an obstruction of justice and the other witness tampering and yet nothing is done by anyone to stop Trump. How does Trump get away with things that any other president would have been impeached with and by both parties as Nixon was in Watergate. He has done other things which many would consider impeachable, but these two were right out in the open for everyone to see. I know the Trumpsters on this message board will say, oh no, these aren't what you say, but they know the truth.

Populism. Once you understand that you'll understand pretty much everything you need to know.

First we had Trump admit on TV he fired Cohen because of the Russian investigation and then bragged about it to the Russians at a meeting with their ambassador. The last meeting we know about since the Russians made it public. Now we have Trump making a threat to Cohen that if he spills any beans to congress Trump can and will send the FBI after his father-in-law. One an obstruction of justice and the other witness tampering and yet nothing is done by anyone to stop Trump. How does Trump get away with things that any other president would have been impeached with and by both parties as Nixon was in Watergate. He has done other things which many would consider impeachable, but these two were right out in the open for everyone to see. I know the Trumpsters on this message board will say, oh no, these aren't what you say, but they know the truth.

Yes. He's openly doing what Republicans accused Obama of. The GOP congress spent millions of dollars investigating, subpoenaing emails and White House records, in the hopes of finding any hint of Obama doing what Trump does flagrantly. The GOP never hit paydirt on Obama. Trump puts his dirt right out there in the open. And the GOP is silent.

Luckily there's a new sheriff in town -- Pelosi and the Congressional Democrats.

But, yeah, Trump's open offenses are a sight to behold -- and something the GOP will pretend to care about the next time there's a Democrat in the White House for them to accuse of things they didn't care about when Trump was president.

How does he get away with it? Cuz he's just that dreamy... :lol:

Hardcore Trump supporters are all in, and to back out now would admit they ****ed up really bad, and they just can't do that. There are Germans in senior citizen homes who still love Hitler for the same reason. Eventually we all pass on - time does heal all wounds.

Mueller knows everything.

Yes. He's openly doing what Republicans accused Obama of. The GOP congress spent millions of dollars investigating, subpoenaing emails and White House records, in the hopes of finding any hint of Obama doing what Trump does flagrantly. The GOP never hit paydirt on Obama. Trump puts his dirt right out there in the open. And the GOP is silent.

Luckily there's a new sheriff in town -- Pelosi and the Congressional Democrats.

But, yeah, Trump's open offenses are a sight to behold -- and something the GOP will pretend to care about the next time there's a Democrat in the White House for them to accuse of things they didn't care about when Trump was president.

The one certain truth to Trump and the GOP is, what ever they accuse the Dems of doing they are the ones doing it.

How does he get away with it? Cuz he's just that dreamy... :lol:

Hardcore Trump supporters are all in, and to back out now would admit they ****ed up really bad, and they just can't do that. There are Germans in senior citizen homes who still love Hitler for the same reason. Eventually we all pass on - time does heal all wounds.

Cognitive dissonance and the need to save face are powerful forces.

Yup....not that we make the road back easy for them... ;) You guys should throw a massive party down there, get nice and sauced, sing a few songs, and forget all this nonsense. Looks like the government's not going to do anything until you get rid of the man anyway. Might as well begin the work of moving on now...

First we had Trump admit on TV he fired Cohen because of the Russian investigation and then bragged about it to the Russians at a meeting with their ambassador

Seriously?

If you can't get THIS right, why should you expect anyone to give you any credibility?

He get's away with it because the left blows things up way out of proportion to the point where it is not even reality. Just a few days ago Mueller himself had to speak up against Buzzfeed's claim that there was evidence that Trump asked Cohen to lie to Congress and here we are, just a few days later, with Cohen not wanting to testify to Congress, claiming that Trump has made him fear for his family. Cohen is a lying piece of **** that doesn't want to testify because Mueller has already said that there is no evidence Trump did anything wrong in regards to Cohen. Cohen doesn't have anything on Trump, just as Mueller said.

My hat is off to you for putting this in such a high minded, intellectual sounding way. I would be more direct, more offensive and far less considerate.

I have yet to see any specifics on these threats.

I know that Ted Lieu referenced them but I don't see any specifics. I've seen that Lanny Davis said Trump "terrorized" Cohen. I've seen Trump suggest that Cohen's father in-law may have some unsavory skeletons in his closet. I've seen that Cohen's father in-law may have loaned a Chicago cab owner $20 Million and that the cab owner then was used as a way to get the warrant on Cohen's office...and his information on Trump. I know that Cohen is up to his eyeballs in taxi medallion related trouble and that somehow or other this all comes back to Ukranians.

What I don't see, however, is a threat. I mean, sure, some people feel threatened by a teenager in a MAGA hat but that isn't LEGALLY a threat and neither is suggesting that a scumbag lawyer might have ties to other scumbags.

Because the 1/3 of the country chewing tobacco and wearing MAGA hats don't care about the truth as long as there's a REPUBLICAN racist/misogynist in power. If it's a Democrat - you wouldn't believe how quickly the knuckle-draggers clutch their pearls and cry, "immoral bastard!".

I think you're confusing some facts.

Seriously?

If you can't get THIS right, why should you expect anyone to give you any credibility?

Pretty obvious he meant Comey. Let he without nits pick the first nit.

He get's away with it because the left blows things up way out of proportion to the point where it is not even reality. Just a few days ago Mueller himself had to speak up against Buzzfeed's claim that there was evidence that Trump asked Cohen to lie to Congress and here we are, just a few days later, with Cohen not wanting to testify to Congress, claiming that Trump has made him fear for his family. Cohen is a lying piece of **** that doesn't want to testify because Mueller has already said that there is no evidence Trump did anything wrong in regards to Cohen. Cohen doesn't have anything on Trump, just as Mueller said.

That’s not remotely close to what Mueller said. Why lie?

John McCain died of skull cancer.

His party is full of cowards and, worse, those who profit and gain in power from this policies. They stand on the sidelines and look the other way at his potential crimes, refusing to fulfill their oversight duties when they had the house.

1. Before you state "They know the truth" regarding the basic support for you argument, it is always good to cite the evidence for your assertions (in this case fired Comey for..., and "threatened Cohen by...") so the readers can see how valid the sources are and respond.

2. How can you assert "nothing is being done" when the House is now controlled by Democrats, duly elected by their constituencies, and are currently acting to "do something about" everything you complained about and more?

3. What you are really asking is, "why do Trump supporter's let him get away with it?", assuming that everyone who disagrees with "the Resistance" is actually simply ignoring these things.

Now I am not going to speak for "everyone," I am only going to speak for myself.

I can tell you that I am not "ignoring" the things I disagree with Trump on, any more than I am ignoring the things I agree with his opposition on. :no:

However, I am not about to presume everything he did or does is as negative as it seems that people like yourself, those who are members of "The Resistance," and those special interests who control most of the MSN are tying to indoctrinate American's into believing are "truth" either.

a. Had the MSN played fair in their reporting, rather than constantly engaging in misinformation and disinformation tactics, then I might have been able to show greater faith in their reporting of information.

b. If people like yourself could exhibit balanced views on Trump's actions instead of twisting everything into the negative, then I might be able to give credence to your positions.

I know that Trump has made mistakes in judgement, public relations gaffs, and engaged in bloviating if not downright deceptive rhetoric.

Yet the same can easily be said for many on your side of this argument.

The problem is twofold. One, your side refuses to recognize his good actions (here's where you say "there are none," or demand that I list them so you can point out how "not good" they are, or "they were done by someone else"). Two, even when some of us do raise issues with things we disagree with Trump on, the typical opposition response is usually "Is THAT the only thing you don't agree with? How can you agree with him on anything at all!"

It's all or nothing. So we simply stay silent and let your side do all the ranting and railing.

IMO it has come to a point where this nation is at a major crossroads, clearly as divided in ideology as it was back pre-1776, with 1/3 pro-whatever, 1/3 con-whatever, and 1/3 in the middle not knowing (or caring) what may come of this.

IMO that is why those of us who still generally support the current Administration don't leap onto your bandwagon of all-hate all-the-time resist by any means necessary tactics of moral panic.

Some of us want to wait and see (much like we found with the Covington School feeding frenzy) what is really going on before we say or do anything about it. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
His party is full of cowards and, worse, those who profit and gain in power from this policies. They stand on the sidelines and look the other way at his potential crimes, refusing to fulfill their oversight duties when they had the house.

Plus if they act up, their brain will suddenly melt.

59a946f179bbfd1e008b7463-750-500.jpg

That’s not remotely close to what Mueller said. Why lie?

There you guys go again. Mueller came out of hibernation just to refute the Buzzfeed's lie that Mueller had evidence proving Trump asked Cohen to lie to Congress. Now that it is time to testify to Congress all of a sudden Cohen tries to get out of testifying. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder why? Oh yeah, Trump is threatening his family. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom