• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How does a single mother make it?

Deegan said:
Good luck with your decision, I pray you and yours are making the right choice, as you only get one shot, live life well.;)

I can't address how to make it on your own, but a nurse can do well for him, or herself, I think you'll do just fine. I worry more about your mental state, not your financial one, good luck.

Thank you,

As far as my mental state, I am a tough cookie. Actually, I worry more about my kids. My financial state doesn't matter as long as I have enough to make ends meet.

vergiss said:
Depending on him? Pffft, it's not depending on him - it's making the bastard pay. :mrgreen: Hope it all works out.

Thank you.........

TimmyBoy said:
I don't like to overpay for a lawyer either. I would like to get a high quality lawyer for a value price, meaning a reasonable and affordable price.

Then don't go to lawyers that heavily advertise, because they have to pay for that advertisement somehow.

alphieb said:
Alimony does not stand in Indiana and all debt plus assets incurred prior to marriage belong to you only. I actually moved out and bought a house last year. If he wanted he could take MY house, which would be pointless, because I could try to take his house.

Child support, my friend, one will never get away with not paying. I don't want to take him to the cleaners, but I want to ensure my kids are taken care of. I also want to work, but as I nurse, facilities expect you to work nights which is not realistic with two small kids. I have sent resumes to doctors offices, but of course the pay sucks and it is boring, but at least it is a pay check.

I will not put up with being called names and pushed around in front of my kids. He does not do it on a regular basis, but if you start putting up with that it never stops. It is always worse around the winter months and holidays, but there is still no excuse for anyone, especially and educated man to do that.

Indiana must be a good state if they don't allow alimony. You still get away with more since you have a vagina. Remember what I said, "GEEEEEEE, I wish I was born with a vagina" next time you smile and talk your way out of a ticket or get hired at a job because they need to fill a quota to hire more females. Anyway, can't say I blame you for refusing to put up with mental abuse.

TimmyBoy said:
Indiana must be a good state if they don't allow alimony. You still get away with more since you have a vagina. Remember what I said, "GEEEEEEE, I wish I was born with a vagina" next time you smile and talk your way out of a ticket or get hired at a job because they need to fill a quota to hire more females. Anyway, can't say I blame you for refusing to put up with mental abuse.

You could always have a sex change.

I hope that if he's abusive on the phone, you are recording it and if he's abusive in person, a camcorder is recording it. Even a small webcam on the computer can capture those unique family moments any judge would love to see.
You are your own best advocate. Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by alphieb
I will not put up with being called names and pushed around in front of my kids. He does not do it on a regular basis, but if you start putting up with that it never stops. It is always worse around the winter months and holidays, but there is still no excuse for anyone, especially and educated man to do that.
You're doing the right thing. You got a good head on your shoulders. Just stick to your guns and everything turn out alright.

alphieb said:
You could always have a sex change.

I'll stay away from the sex change.

Billo_Really said:
You're doing the right thing. You got a good head on your shoulders. Just stick to your guns and everything turn out alright.

Are you flirting with me again?

ngdawg said:
I hope that if he's abusive on the phone, you are recording it and if he's abusive in person, a camcorder is recording it. Even a small webcam on the computer can capture those unique family moments any judge would love to see.
You are your own best advocate. Best of luck to you.

I usually just pick up the phone to call the police and he runs out the door. That stops it anyway. This is my house in my name only. So I have that independence anyway.

Are you flirting with me again?
Not this time, sugar. That one was meant from what little heart I have left.

Originally posted by Timmyboy:
He's kissing your ass.
Timmothy my boy, don't kill my buzz!

Billo_Really said:
Timmothy my boy, don't kill my buzz!

Well, I was going to say that everybody has a buzz and a heart.

Originally posted by Timmyboy:
Well, I was going to say that everybody has a buzz and a heart.
I just might be the worlds only living heart doner.

Billo_Really said:
Not this time, sugar. That one was meant from what little heart I have left.

So they say, there's always a little heart left for another....

I found a day job........with good pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to put my boys to bed. Thank you.............

alphieb said:
I found a day job........with good pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to put my boys to bed. Thank you.............

Hooray!!!! That's probably the best news I've heard all day.

So they say, there's always a little heart left for another....
Another what?

Originally posted by Stace:
Hooray!!!! That's probably the best news I've heard all day.
Just wait 'till I get a job. Will you be as happy?

Billo_Really said:
Just wait 'till I get a job. Will you be as happy?

I'll be a lot happier when I get a job...

But yes, Billo, I will be supremely happy for you. Job good. Bum bad.

I'll be a lot happier when I get a job...

But yes, Billo, I will be supremely happy for you. Job good. Bum bad.
Are you checking out my ass? I swear to God, that's the first thing a girl looks at on a guy, is his Bum!

Billo_Really said:
Are you checking out my ass? I swear to God, that's the first thing a girl looks at on a guy, is his Bum!

Are you trying to imply that you have a bad ass? As the anti thesis to Bill O'Reilly, I didn't think that was possible!

Are you trying to imply that you have a bad ass? As the anti thesis to Bill O'Reilly, I didn't think that was possible!
I don't have a bad ass. I am a bad ass.

Back
Top Bottom