• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How do we VOTE for Democrats and Republicans year after year??? Are we that Dumb??

UtahBill said:
I registered with the Republican party, but sometimes vote for a democrat.
Like most anyone else, I vote for the person who seems to make the most sense, but most times I can't even do that, but have to settle for the lesser of the 2 weasels...

UtahBill- you wrote: "I vote for the person who seems to make the most sense, but most times I can't even do that, but have to settle for the lesser of the 2 weasels"

Exactly. Thats what most people DO!!!

Thats what they want us to DO!!!

By making us think in black and white terms about everything they get us to vote for the lesser of two evils. But when you pull back the veil you find out they are really one big party. And they are using this pumped up hyperpartisan charade to fool us into voting for the same people every four years. Its really quite brilliant.

The mainstream corporate media helps pump up this hyperpartisan fiasco since these corporations need it to get their people elected, but its all one big party!!! WAKE UP!!!

They dangle divisive issues in front of stupid masses and split them down the middle while really these issue dont change depending on who gets elected, but theyre used to bait us into voting without thinking. They use these divisive and charged issues like race issues, abortion, gay marriage, etc...

But these issues will never change according to which puppet gets elected.... For example: abortion will always be rare safe and legal and gay marriage will never be legalized at the federal level. This is the way it should be. But they divide and conquer by using these issues as fronts.

What you fail to see is that these labels mean nothing. Republicans are the same as Democrats on almost every issue.

The drunken spending sailors, corrupt clowns and contol freaks are all in one place the RepubliCRAT party. Its all one party in D.C. they are scamming us!!

We already have a third party thats worthwhile. We have to break the cycle. Vote LIBERTARIAN----

Libertarians are FAR more conservative than Republicans and Democrats on economic issues and believing in the Jeffersonian principle of a reduced role of the federal government in the individual's life.

Libertarians want to lower taxes by a ton, reduce red tape for small business, cut needless bureaucracy, end pork spending and pet legislation to the highest bidder, end the corporate control over our government, end the legal form of bribery known as the campaign finance system, spend more on saving America and less on policing the world, and restore some civil liberties to our nation which are shat upon by these corrupt clowns in government everyday.

www.lp.org

I have almost equal anger at every corporate media outlet b/c they are all screwing this country, but Fox is the worst. Fox News sucks the most because they are the most blantantly partisan.

Yes of course all the networks pump up the hyperpartisan charade. OF COURSE!!! They are all corporate media scum with the same end game. Money, power, influence and control over the masses. But Fox does it the most, if you dont think Fox is the most partisan you are joking yourself.

Fox is #1 for a reason. Its just a reflection of what the masses want from cable news. Clearly Fox is #1 because people like opinion stated as fact. And especially by figures of "moral authority" and they appeal to a crowd that wants conservative opinion managed into neat little pre-spewed opinion packages. This is clear. And most people like being told how to think, this is clear, like I said because most of them dont have the time, desire, and in some cases ability to sort out complicated issues. Im not some pompous know it all, I actually think most people would grasp it, they just dont have the means to do it since their government and news sources are corrupted spin doctors.

You dont wake up one day and realize this government and the corporate media is screwing us over a barrel.... someone has to inform you and then you have to think about it for yourself and form your own viewpoint.

I am not truly directing my anger at the mindless drones of the public, I am angry at the whole F***ing system, not the average voter. Most people are super busy and just live their lives oblivious as I once did. Naturally they expect their sources of news and their government not to lie to them 24/7, but this is all theyre doing.

Liars with horrible policies and they aren't thinking about our future. They see disasters and react. They dont lead! They are reactionary fools. Meanwhile they get rich and f*** this country for their own selfish purposes.

I think that everyone should vote, but the system has brainwashed them into voting for the same corrupt scumbags every 4 years. And Fox is the centerpiece of this con game known as partisan behavior and especially this con game known as conservative thought.

What is the hell would the republican right wing be conserving I ask? What the hell is the democratic left wing liberating us from? Nothing! and Nothing!

Ultra Liberals Democrats and Ultra Conservative Republicans might as well stop the charade, they are all in it for money and personal gain. They have abandoned the people and democracy. Its become an uber-corrupt corporatocracy.

What The F*** are they conserving???

Not our tax dollars, not our constitution, not our property rights, not our privacy laws, not our economy, not our environment, not the small business environment.

How the F*** are they liberating us from bad policies?

They all take money from companies that pollute the earth like its a toilet. They dont protect civil liberties. They all take their scripted side on the issues they dangle in front of stupid puss bags like a parade. Racial issues, abortion, gay marrage, etc. These are all fronts, none of these issues will see new legislation, as they shouldn't!

Elements of true conservative thought has great things going for it in many ways: like cutting taxes and getting the federal government to assume a more limited role in the individuals life, just like true elements of liberal thought have some great ideas in many ways: we need to start worrying about toxifying our environment and stop locking people up for using weed when they have cancer.

But right now they are all the same, mainstream conformist liars who want you take sides blindly so they can spend more and do whatever they want without you thinking about it. Its not that individual politicians dont have great things in mind when they go into politics as a career, its just that once they get in power, the money ties them down into the same crap. The special intrests and industries who have money are big & corporate and corrupt as hell, these are the people who get them elected and re-elected through our legalized form of bribery known as the campaign finance system. Then these insider lobbyist clowns negotiate their no bid contracts and pet legislation. Meanwhile these corrupt elected officials dont do anything to plan ahead and lead us blindly into the future. They dont lead today, they only react.

This government sucks, they are working for the corporations and they fool stupid cable news viewers into thinking its a democracy with our interests in mind.

RE : The honest truth
Fox is often openly conservative and its difficult to tell he diference from commentary and reporting,but.Everyone knows Fox is conservative.
The networks never admitted they were liberal and still don't . Fox seems more in tune with the American people and more sensitive to their concerns,

JOHNYJ said:
RE : The honest truth
Fox is often openly conservative and its difficult to tell he diference from commentary and reporting,but.Everyone knows Fox is conservative.
The networks never admitted they were liberal and still don't . Fox seems more in tune with the American people and more sensitive to their concerns,

You missed my point.

The whole idea behind conservative thought is a partisan hoax. Its not true conservative thought that Fox and the republicans push, the same goes for CNN and liberal thought, its all a half assed middle road.

They use these tactics to divide and conquer, they put on this hyperpartisan charade and they fool us into voting for one side or voting just to stop the other, but really they dont care who wins as long as they stay in elected office.

Back
Top Bottom