• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Can I Find the True Religion?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score

The Bible’s answer​

Illustrating how to tell the difference between those who practice true religion and those who do not, the Bible says: “By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?” (Matthew 7:16) Just as you can distinguish a grapevine from a thornbush by what it produces, you can distinguish true religion from false by its fruits, or by these identifying features.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-the-true-religion/

The Bible’s answer​

Illustrating how to tell the difference between those who practice true religion and those who do not, the Bible says: “By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?” (Matthew 7:16) Just as you can distinguish a grapevine from a thornbush by what it produces, you can distinguish true religion from false by its fruits, or by these identifying features.

You are of course making the assumption that the bible is correct and factual which is nothing but your OPINION. Hence why religion is faith and NOT fact.

Person A: How do I determine the one true religion? There's hundreds of religions and hundreds of holy books, and each religion has countless denominations and interpretations.

Elvira: Super easy, you start off by picking the holy book and religion I tell you to then assume it's all true without asking any questions!

Some people can't tell grape vines from thistles.

"Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?”

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Hilarious. During the Irish potato famine, they ate thistle plant. Protestant preachers would open soup tents and feed those that would renounce their Catholicism and convert to Protestantism. I can't stop laughing. My dog is coming over and jumping up on me because she wants to get in on it. Meanwhile, churches take in pennies from the poor. Somebody stop me.

The Bible’s answer​

How? Ask Tosca. She is the only one who knows what the bible truly says.

You're welcome.

Most religions pervert faith for the benefit of the church, but do they attend to the flock, was I hungry and they fed me, was I naked and they clothed me, was I imprisoned and they visited me, was I a stranger and they welcomed me, do they look after the widows and orphans, do they love me as Jesus loves me?

These are the fruits of the workers of Jesus, but many other religions teach much of the same, there are many paths, but they all lead to two places, only you can determine the path you think you should take.

True religion is not just ‘the right religion for me’​

There is a danger in choosing a religion based solely on how it makes us feel. The Bible foretold a time when people would “surround themselves with [religious] teachers to have their ears tickled.” (2 Timothy 4:3) In contrast, the Bible encourages us to follow “the religion that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father,” even if that religion is unpopular.—James 1:27, footnote; John 15:18, 19.

There is a danger in choosing a religion based solely on how it makes us feel. The Bible foretold a time when people would “surround themselves with [religious] teachers to have their ears tickled.” (2 Timothy 4:3) In contrast, the Bible encourages us to follow “the religion that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father,” even if that religion is unpopular.—James 1:27, footnote; John 15:18, 19.

Again, how do you know the Devil isn’t the true inspiration behind the Bible?

How do you know the Bible isn’t the perfect tool to lead millions AWAY from the truth?

Again, how do you know the Devil isn’t the true inspiration behind the Bible?

How do you know the Bible isn’t the perfect tool to lead millions AWAY from the truth?
Many an evil deed has been done in the name of the Bible, if you look for hate in it, you will find it.

Moses smashed the Ten Commandments, because people were worshiping them, not God.

Jesus defied the pharisees because they commanded people to worship the laws, not God.

The world would likely be a better place if any of us had the power to do that today, destroy the laws, destroy the text, look inward to God, stop casting our judgments and love one another.

So, I can't say you are wrong.

If we got rid of every Bible, people would still pass down the tales, for good or for evil.

Only love can destroy hate.

Person A: How do I determine the one true religion? There's hundreds of religions and hundreds of holy books, and each religion has countless denominations and interpretations.

Elvira: Super easy, you start off by picking the holy book and religion I tell you to then assume it's all true without asking any questions!
Elvira said 'follow the fruit'. That's exactly right. The fruit of the atheist religion is always rotten. Always.

Elvira said 'follow the fruit'. That's exactly right.
She quoted from the bible the directions for picking the right religion, which led to christianity. That's starting at a conclusion then looking for things to support it, it's circular logic. A muslim, hindu, buddhist, or adherent of any of the other hundreds of religions could do the same thing for their religion. This is subjective, not objective.

All of that was fine until the Catholic Church perverted the Bible with power, corruption and pedophiles. One of the many reasons why I'm and Atheist today is being brought up a Catholic.

Beside all of that, who's to say what religion is true, that's if any are. Hinduism is the world's oldest religion with roots and customs dating back more than 4,000 years. Today, it has about 900 million followers. I mean who are you to tell all of those people, they're wrong.

The Bible’s answer​

You said "true religion " and then gave Christianity as the only answer.
You do realize there are almost 4000 Gods on earth and in the heavens,
and all members will claim their's to be the true one.

If you are really, truely, looking for God,
You will not find him/her, in a book.

Many an evil deed has been done in the name of the Bible, if you look for hate in it, you will find it.

Moses smashed the Ten Commandments, because people were worshiping them, not God.

Jesus defied the pharisees because they commanded people to worship the laws, not God.

The world would likely be a better place if any of us had the power to do that today, destroy the laws, destroy the text, look inward to God, stop casting our judgments and love one another.

So, I can't say you are wrong.

If we got rid of every Bible, people would still pass down the tales, for good or for evil.

Only love can destroy hate.
You didn't read the article in the link, did you?

5. True religion promotes unselfish love. (John 13:35) It teaches respect for all ethnic groups and welcomes people from all races, cultures, languages, and backgrounds. (Acts 10:34, 35) Moved by love, its followers do not go to war.—Micah 4:3; 1 John 3:11, 12.

All of that was fine until the Catholic Church perverted the Bible with power, corruption and pedophiles. One of the many reasons why I'm and Atheist today is being brought up a Catholic.

Beside all of that, who's to say what religion is true, that's if any are. Hinduism is the world's oldest religion with roots and customs dating back more than 4,000 years. Today, it has about 900 million followers. I mean who are you to tell all of those people, they're wrong.
9 identifying marks...

There is a danger in choosing a religion started in the US in the 1800's that claims to be the only true religion.

Yes. Atheism pertains to religious beliefs.

No, atheism pertains to not believing in gods. Not believing in gods is not a religious belief. Atheism ahs no characteristics of a religion.

There is a danger in choosing a religion started in the US in the 1800's that claims to be the only true religion.
There is no danger in choosing a religion that strives to follow Jesus, his apostles, and the 1st century Christians...the danger lies in making up your own doctrines, rituals, and traditions without consulting what God's Word says about them...

Seek spiritual without supernatural.

Back
Top Bottom