• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How are you guys enjoying Trump's America?

Is it a rule around here that conservatives don’t actually argue, they just rate arguments and say really intellectually devastating things like “Nope’ and “You’re wrong?”

lol...welcome to DP.

No, that's not the rule. You'll find some great conservatives here. Yeah, they think differently, but it's a debate forum, you want that. But there are plenty of conservatives here that I'd invite to my home for a beer around my campfire. You'll get to know the ones who have something worthwhile to say...the rest, well, they make great examples, and are predictable to the point of being wonderfully useful, from a debate standpoint. If you don't take it too seriously, you can stay above it. I honestly enjoy the worst of them the most. ;)

Things are going well for me.

Haven't been listening to any speeches, whether the doom and gloom from the Dems or the Trump adoration from the Reps. It's all the party dog and pony shows. Not interested.

I appreciate, like Gov. Cuomo, the Fed's quick and complete response to the pandemic. Unfortunately, the state governors made some mistakes that cost lives, jobs and business. My own state didn't do TOO bad, though. We have lots of healthy people and small business has been recovering as well as they can with the remaining restrictions.

I didn't personally need any welfare from the feds, but I know that it meant the difference between food and shelter and none for many Americans. Of course, all politicians will use that issue for their own political purposes. That is to be expected.

Regarding peace between Americans, well...let's just say that the biggest obstacle to that is a combination of personal motivations. Politicians and media trying to turn people against each other for political and Trump hating purposes...anarchists bound and determined to burn, destroy and assault...and fake social justice types who really only care about looting. Take away those three forces and things will be peachy keen.

So, CaughtInThe...what do YOU think? What is YOUR answer to your questions?

PLAN YOUR VOTE. That is the answer to all questions.

lol...welcome to DP.

No, that's not the rule. You'll find some great conservatives here. Yeah, they think differently, but it's a debate forum, you want that. But there are plenty of conservatives here that I'd invite to my home for a beer around my campfire. You'll get to know the ones who have something worthwhile to say...the rest, well, they make great examples, and are predictable to the point of being wonderfully useful, from a debate standpoint. If you don't take it too seriously, you can stay above it. I honestly enjoy the worst of them the most. ;)

It’s not really a personality thing, it’s just I keep looking for the actual debate but it’s all just this weird smirking bravado when they haven’t actually said anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know they love it. They bought it, they're gonna enjoy it. :shrug: You expecting any other answer?

it would be nice for one of Trump's boys to actually say they're trying to recapture 1940. i'd at least thank them for their honesty.

Actually, I am pretty fed up with all our leaders both left and right.

"Trump's America" is a disaster no doubt, but listening to the likes of Pelosi and Schumer over the past few days especially has convinced me the alternative is just as out of touch with reality as President OrangeGlow and his enablers are.

at least conservatives will try to maintain your first and second amendment rights. you can't say the progressives will do that.

They are bringing out the talibornagain nutcases and trying to make them seem legit.

That is the republican party these days...truly shocking.

is it surprising though? i've watched these Trump voters in my community for 40 years (since i was almost 18). i've heard what Rush and Sean have said for decades.

isn't this the logical conclusion?

Is it a rule around here that conservatives don’t actually argue, they just rate arguments and say really intellectually devastating things like “Nope’ and “You’re wrong?”

You reap what you sow, darling.

It’s not really a personality thing, it’s just I keep looking for the actual debate but it’s all just this weird smirking bravado when they haven’t actually said anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it all gets pretty snarky...these are snarky times, and that's the same for both sides. I recommend the Academia portion of the forum, or the Loft. They are stricter formats, or have subjects that are a little tougher to snark at. If you're only into one kind of debate, you're going to have to get good at ignoring inflammatory nonsense if you plan to debate in the general areas. Not every post is worth responding to, even if it's quoting you. The good news is that you generally find out pretty quickly how the conversation is going to go, at which point you can decide whether it's fun to continue or not.

I find brawling fun, especially when my "opponent" is clearly waaaay more serious about it than I am. If people are out to make fools of themselves, I'm more than happy to be be the ship upon which they sail... :lol: But there are enough quality posters here on all sides that great conversation is possible on the serious front as well. :)

Actually, I am pretty fed up with all our leaders both left and right.

"Trump's America" is a disaster no doubt, but listening to the likes of Pelosi and Schumer over the past few days especially has convinced me the alternative is just as out of touch with reality as President OrangeGlow and his enablers are.

see, here's the deal with that.

we have a political fight (that pretty much lasts four years now) to see who the majority of the country wants to LEAD the country. our head coach. the person that sets the tone.

none of the other politicians are elected by the entire country. they can't just do EOs or schedule Presidential speeches, etc. that is all left up to the one job that the entire country decides to hire.

and that person can lead in a positive way, ignore all the noise and do what's best for the country. or he/she can make it worse.

we simply hired a guy that always makes things worse. it's his job to ignore criticism and do what's best for the country and the American people. it's his job.

Right! Donald Trump made America great!

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

You already know the explanation, which is why you got out ahead of it... :shrug: Any other way you'd like to show folks on the fence why they should vote for Biden? I'm happy to continue this as long as you continue to be an example.... :)

you spotted his normal game.

it's not a secret but good on you to spot it so early in this thread.

at least conservatives will try to maintain your first and second amendment rights. you can't say the progressives will do that.

LOL, no they will not. They will cherry pick rights as more important than others, then go a step further to determine who gets those rights first.

it would be nice for one of Trump's boys to actually say they're trying to recapture 1940. i'd at least thank them for their honesty.

At this point, I doubt they even know what they want anymore, unless it's explained to them by tweet.

Even the right to peacefully demonstrate in public streets? Are you sure?

170221_view_trump_enemy0_16x9_992.jpg

LOL, no they will not. They will cherry pick rights as more important than others, then go a step further to determine who gets those rights first.

let me clarify a bit... perhaps some republican politicians will you are correct, but conservative VOTERS will try to get them to leave the rights alone or further them, you cannot say that about the progressive voters.

Even the right to peacefully demonstrate in public streets? Are you sure?

absolutely the right to peacefully protest. once it is no longer peaceful and turns into a riot, though, I am afraid you do not have the right to do that.

you spotted his normal game.

it's not a secret but good on you to spot it so early in this thread.

lol...appreciate the props, but that's a little like getting congratulated for finding the ground... ;) :lol:

What do you expect when democrats call Americans deplorables, cultists, Nazis, racists, domestic enemies etc. and riot, loot and kill with democrats' blessings?!?
And all because they don't support the progressive platform.

Stop acting like those names and we'll stop calling you them. If not we'll send in the troops to quell you. How's that sound very american?

absolutely the right to peacefully protest. once it is no longer peaceful and turns into a riot, though, I am afraid you do not have the right to do that.

gettyimages-military.jpg

The face of Donald Trump's Great America

Back
Top Bottom