• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House prediction contest

How many seats will the GOP gain in the House of Representatives in 2010?

• The GOP will lose seats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-9

• 30-39

• 40-49

• 60-69

• 70-79

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dav

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Like the Senate prediction contest, except, you know, with the HoR.

The President's party usually loses seats in the midterm elections, and 2010 looks to be no exception. The question is, will the GOP get a majority in the House? To do this, they would have to gain at least 40 seats. To put this in perspective, the GOP gained 53 seats in 1994, while the Democrats gained 52 seats in the last two cycles combined (31 in 2006 and 21 in 2008).

No on gaining the majority.

The odds of republicans gaining enough seats to get a majority is slim. I think the economy is going to be clearly improving by November with the result of democrats loosing a modest but not large number of seats.

Like the Senate prediction contest, except, you know, with the HoR.

The President's party usually loses seats in the midterm elections, and 2010 looks to be no exception. The question is, will the GOP get a majority in the House? To do this, they would have to gain at least 40 seats. To put this in perspective, the GOP gained 53 seats in 1994, while the Democrats gained 52 seats in the last two cycles combined (31 in 2006 and 21 in 2008).

I voted 80+!!!

For fun.

Way too early to say, lots of things could happen tween now and then, try this again in July.

***** I put down 10 to 19 but I feel a 17 to 23 is a bit more likely . Senate should be a 3 to 5 pick up for the GOP.

I voted 80+!!!

For fun.

Way too early to say, lots of things could happen tween now and then, try this again in July.

I hate agreeing with MrV, it makes me feel strange, but he is right, it is too early. The economy is the key, and we won't know for sure what that will look like for some time yet.

Back
Top Bottom