• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homicidal Liberal Out On Bail

How would you know if a man who just murdered a kid for his political views will not murder again? He has shown he is willing to murder people for their political views.

That you people will defend putting this murderer out on the street is absolutely disgusting.

Has he been convicted?

So has not been found to have murdered someone, just suspected of doing so. That is what the trial is for. Ie innocent until proven guilty.

That you people forget the founding principles of the American justice system is shocking and disgusting.

Just form lynch mobs to allocate justice. It worked so well in the past

Has he been convicted?

So has not been found to have murdered someone, just suspected of doing so. That is what the trial is for. Ie innocent until proven guilty.

That you people forget the founding principles of the American justice system is shocking and disgusting.

Just form lynch mobs to allocate justice. It worked so well in the past

He admitted to doing it and why he did it.

I would think common sense would point out that this is a non-issue. How many murders happened on the same day? How many did you read news about?

This guy is going to jail, he is currently out on bail. This happens in most murder trials/cases.

Even gang bangers that shoot kids get bail set, bail is set on the likelihood that the person will flee.

currently the only real info we have is from the murderer and the basic report on what happened. Anyone have any proof that the murderer is a Liberal and the victim is a Republican?

This thread should probably be moved to the CT forum.....
The suspect told the 911 operator he ran over the victim because he was a "Republican" and later confirmed that in a confession to the police. But you want to discount that as unproven. If it turned out the victim is a registered Democrat would that mean the perpetrator wasn't politically motivated despite his confession? Absurd.

He told us his motivation but you demand more proof.

He admitted to doing it and why he did it.

But he has not been convicted.

Bail is to protect the public, and ensure the accused show up for trial. If is likely to flee or commit another crime, don't offer bail. If not then he is legally entitled to reasonable bail.

The justice system at work. Once convicted, that is when the punishment part comes in.

The suspect told the 911 operator he ran over the victim because he was a "Republican" and later confirmed that in a confession to the police. But you want to discount that as unproven. If it turned out the victim is a registered Democrat would that mean the perpetrator wasn't politically motivated despite his confession? Absurd.

The suspect could be schizophrenic, he could be lying for any reason we don't know. This is my point. Why would you assume he is telling the truth? I didn't demand, I asked. There is a difference.

second, why does it matter? the OP says the news is being suppressed, but it is one murder by one crazy person that got the same coverage as the 10 other murders that probably happened in the same day.

The suspect could be schizophrenic, he could be lying for any reason we don't know. This is my point. Why would you assume he is telling the truth? I didn't demand, I asked. There is a difference.

second, why does it matter? the OP says the news is being suppressed, but it is one murder by one crazy person that got the same coverage as the 10 other murders that probably happened in the same day.
It makes a lot of sense to set a low bail for someone who is mentally ill and has killed with his car recently. No

It matters more than a gang killing because it's politically motivated. A week or so after Biden’s hyperbolic, incendiary speech condemning Republicans as enemies of democracy someone acts on his exhortations. But it's completely unrelated, nothing to see here move along. It's the same treatment given to the Bernie campaign worker who attempted to mass murder Republican members of Congress.

The counter protester killed with a car in Charlottesville? She was elevated to near sainthood with massive coverage. But her memory could be used to smear the Bad Orange man.

How would you know if a man who just murdered a kid for his political views will not murder again? He has shown he is willing to murder people for their political views.

That you people will defend putting this murderer out on the street is absolutely disgusting.
It hasn't been definitively determined yet that politics played any part in what happened.

Brandt was still drunk when arrested and what he was claiming wasn't looking to be as he was saying it was.

But he has not been convicted.

Bail is to protect the public, and ensure the accused show up for trial. If is likely to flee or commit another crime, don't offer bail. If not then he is legally entitled to reasonable bail.

The justice system at work. Once convicted, that is when the punishment part comes in.

So if a guy walks into a gay night club and murders some gay people and then tells the police he did it and that he did it because he was afraid of Monkey Pox, you think he should be given bail?

If a guy walks into a black church and murders some people and tells the police he was afraid they were a violent street gang... give him bail, too?

The guy who ran his car into a crowd of protestors in Charlottesville.... bail?

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you are supporting leniency with this guy because he killed someone you didn't mind being killed?

Let's say someone decides that the legal system just doesn't work and goes and puts a bullet in this guys head as vigilante justice... $50k bail for that guy too?

It makes a lot of sense to set a low bail for someone who is mentally ill and has killed with his car recently. No

It matters more than a gang killing because it's politically motivated. A week or so after Biden’s hyperbolic, incendiary speech condemning Republicans as enemies of democracy someone acts on his exhortations. But it's completely unrelated, nothing to see here move along. It's the same treatment given to the Bernie campaign worker who attempted to mass murder Republican members of Congress.

The counter protester killed with a car in Charlottesville? She was elevated to near sainthood with massive coverage. But her memory could be used to smear the Bad Orange man.
I wouldn't say it makes sense to set the bail at 50K myself, are you trying to say that I said it made sense? Try not to make assumptions about what I think. I have no clue what the lawyers did or said to get the bail set that low. Maybe the judge thought he was no longer a threat.

Maybe it is politically motivated, maybe the press doesn't see that correlation. Trying to say it is a conspiracy because it isn't as publicized as you would like seems pretty far fetched.

You don't think the press concentrated on the attack in Charlottesville because there was a huge protest going on and then some guy ran his car into a crowd (not just one person)? It was amazing that he only killed one person.

I imagine that if there was a protest going on and a liberal ran his car into a crowd of people you would see more press coverage, but this was just a random attack. So common sense says that the press coverage wouldn't be as large.

Biden didn't condemn all Republicans by the way, he condemned on faction among republicans that seem to want to stir up people to kill FBI agents. Personally I never watched the speech only read about it. I think he could have done it differently though. Maybe been less devisive, more "we need to be nicer to each other"

So if a guy walks into a gay night club and murders some gay people and then tells the police he did it and that he did it because he was afraid of Monkey Pox, you think he should be given bail?

If a guy walks into a black church and murders some people and tells the police he was afraid they were a violent street gang... give him bail, too?

The guy who ran his car into a crowd of protestors in Charlottesville.... bail?

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you are supporting leniency with this guy because he killed someone you didn't mind being killed?

Let's say someone decides that the legal system just doesn't work and goes and puts a bullet in this guys head as vigilante justice... $50k bail for that guy too?

The judge should determine if the person is likely to flee or commit another crime. If the judge feels another crime is likely, then no bail at any dollar amount.

If a person is likely to reoffend do you think $50 000 or $ 2 million will stop them? I don't, if likely to reoffend no bail.

Where besides Gateway Pundit did you get that information?

I wouldn't say it makes sense to set the bail at 50K myself, are you trying to say that I said it made sense? Try not to make assumptions about what I think. I have no clue what the lawyers did or said to get the bail set that low. Maybe the judge thought he was no longer a threat.

Maybe it is politically motivated, maybe the press doesn't see that correlation. Trying to say it is a conspiracy because it isn't as publicized as you would like seems pretty far fetched.

You don't think the press concentrated on the attack in Charlottesville because there was a huge protest going on and then some guy ran his car into a crowd (not just one person)? It was amazing that he only killed one person.

I imagine that if there was a protest going on and a liberal ran his car into a crowd of people you would see more press coverage, but this was just a random attack. So common sense says that the press coverage wouldn't be as large.

Biden didn't condemn all Republicans by the way, he condemned on faction among republicans that seem to want to stir up people to kill FBI agents. Personally I never watched the speech only read about it. I think he could have done it differently though. Maybe been less devisive, more "we need to be nicer to each other"
You are the one who opined the suspect might be mentally ill. I pointed out the bail implications of that. Since the judge set the bail low given the offense charged, the reference to mental illness is how dod you put it far fetched

The suspect confessed he targeted his victim because he believed he was a Republican. That's a political crime not a random one.

Charlottesville was the scene of a violent counter protest against a legally permitted demonstration and rally. Press coverage was heavily slanted in favor of the Leftists thugs counter protesters.

Biden's blood and soil speech made only a weak distinction among all Republicans as shown by the suspect's targeting Republicans not MAGA or followers of Trump.

North Dakota states patrol released statement saying there is no evidence that the kid belonged or any extremist right wing groups. They also are not aware of any public political statements made by Brandt.

Also, the authorities cannot find witnesses to corroborate that there was even an argument over politics, but that Brandt was over the limit to drive.

Last edited:
You are the one who opined the suspect might be mentally ill. I pointed out the bail implications of that. Since the judge set the bail low given the offense charged, the reference to mental illness is how dod you put it far fetched

The suspect confessed he targeted his victim because he believed he was a Republican. That's a political crime not a random one.

Charlottesville was the scene of a violent counter protest against a legally permitted demonstration and rally. Press coverage was heavily slanted in favor of the Leftists thugs counter protesters.

Biden's blood and soil speech made only a weak distinction among all Republicans as shown by the suspect's targeting Republicans not MAGA or followers of Trump.
So you understand that there is a huge difference between the two murders? one was already being covered by the media and the other done by a drunk guy that "thought" his victim was republican?

It seems to me the reason for the act is less important than the fact an 18 year old was killed for a stupid reason. That's why I call it random, the drunk guy isn't even sure if the kid was republican or not.

This murder can be laid directly at the feet of Biden, and his threats against Republicans. This is only the beginning as this insane Dixiecrat pedophile weaponizes the federal government against half the nation.

Ok dude. You’re at about a 10. You need to be at about a 2.

This murder can be laid directly at the feet of Biden, and his threats against Republicans. This is only the beginning as this insane Dixiecrat pedophile weaponizes the federal government against half the nation.
Purpose of insane right wing article achieved.

The judge should determine if the person is likely to flee or commit another crime. If the judge feels another crime is likely, then no bail at any dollar amount.

If a person is likely to reoffend do you think $50 000 or $ 2 million will stop them? I don't, if likely to reoffend no bail.

He killed a person for their political views. I notice that you failed to answer any of my questions, so I'll take that as meaning you know you are a hypocrite who only defends this decision because the claimed political leanings on the victim.

Moreover, he was charged with a DUI connected to the murder... are you arguing that a drunk driver is unlikely to repeat offend?

I would think common sense would point out that this is a non-issue. How many murders happened on the same day? How many did you read news about?

This guy is going to jail, he is currently out on bail. This happens in most murder trials/cases.

Even gang bangers that shoot kids get bail set, bail is set on the likelihood that the person will flee.

currently the only real info we have is from the murderer and the basic report on what happened. Anyone have any proof that the murderer is a Liberal and the victim is a Republican?

This thread should probably be moved to the CT forum.....

The murderer's own claim that he killed his victim for being a Republican is hardly the fodder of conspiracies. Would you have people believe that some insidious Rightie forged the court documents attesting to the claim? And why would anyone make such a claim? You don't have to believe he was inspired by Joe Biden's speech-- that would be conspiracy fodder-- but no one makes such a confession unless he thinks it will be to his advantage to do so. Even crazy people have methods to their madness.

Back
Top Bottom