• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

History Game

Is the answer 42?

Yes!

Since I answered the last question, here's a new one that's a bit meta (in that its as much about historians as history):

What German historian radically changed the consensus on the question of war guilt for World War One against Germany?

What German historian radically changed the consensus on the question of war guilt for World War One against Germany?

Sorry, Civ, but this doesn't really work as a question since it requires a statement of opinion rather than fact. You might be looking for the answer Fritz Fischer, but it is a matter of opinion whether he changed the concensus, he certainly wasn't the first person to accuse Germany of culpability for WWI, not even the first German to do so.

To kick things off again, what was the shortest war in history, who were the belligerents, and how long did it go for?

To kick things off again, what was the shortest war in history, who were the belligerents, and how long did it go for?

ahah it was somewhere in africa (zanzibar?), against the Brits, and it lasted like 45 minutes :p

It was the war between myself and the ant colony in my backyard last Wednesday. I won it in 4 minutes.

I used chemical warfare on their infantry units and scouts and then I used more conventional methods to take out the infrastructure of the colony. There were many civilian deaths, but the greater good was served.

It was the Anglo-Zanzibar War, lasting 40 minutes and resulting in 500 casualties on the sultan's side and one British sailor on the other side. :2razz:

Name the world's first completely portable automatic machine-gun and the year it was invented.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom