• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary vs trump

Hillary or trump

• trump

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • hillary

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The election is about more than gun rights.

true-and on every issue that really matters to me Hillary is bad-as to Trump, I cannot tell in each case but he has a chance of being ok while hillary does not

You don't understand my position. if a politician doesn't trust his or her employers to be able to own the same defensive weapons that our tax dollars supply his or her bodyguards with, why should I trust them?

gun rights is a seminal issue with many of us and if the government doesn't trust us to own such weapons, I can never trust that government

Said many times I HATE these are our choices and I probably go third party or write in. I have also said if there was a gun to my head and I was forced to vote I go hilary every time. Its not even close. I would never vote for Trump ever. And theres one simply reason for it. I know Hillary. In most cases I know what Hillary will do and how she will vote on things. Not the biased hyperbolic version but the logic based version. I may not even like what she will do or how she will vote on a lot of things but at least I know. With Trump NOBODY has a clue, not even Trump. He could have a press release at noon and tell us one thing and if the vote is at 1pm do the complete opposite. And his decisions will be based on nothing more than what he feels like doing that day based on his own subjective opinions and nothign else.

Luckily for america Trump wont be our next president. I offered time and time again to take friendly bets on this matter, even made a thread about it, but only 1.5 people took the bet.

Anyway theres only one good thing I feel that could happen from trump being elected and that is in my lifetime I think it will speed up the fading of a dominate two party system. I might actually live to see a significant drop off in its hold on us.

what are your issues with Hillary Clinton

I like your honesty. Look, lets be honest. many of us want to attack the other side's candidate based on personal failings of that candidate, And I do not deny I do this. I think Hillary is a lying power hungry vindictive POS. But my controlling reason for voting against her is her politics. She could be a really nice, honest, sweet intelligent lady but if she is a gun banning, tax hiking lefty who is going to appoint more judges like Kagan to the USSC, I would still vote against her

Yeah, As disappointed as I have been in Obama's presidency, I have a feeling I will miss him in the coming four years.

Why don't you like Hillary Clinton?

why make it an anonymous poll?

Because people tend to vote more truthfull when anonymous. When it says who voted, people tend to lie to be more socially accepted.

If forced to choose between these two terrible options, I would have to go for Clinton.

But no one is forcing me to do so - thus I likely will not pick either.

No one is forcing either, this poll just focuses on hillary vs trump not hill and trump vs jill stein and gary johnson or possibly bernie in the 3 states he can still run independant due to sore loser laws.

Because people tend to vote more truthfull when anonymous. When it says who voted, people tend to lie to be more socially accepted.

maybe when dealing with sheeple that is true. posters on this board-I don't think so

Business-- 3; personal= none. Why do you ask? Its the smart thing to do to stop bleeding money, reorganize and hopefully save jobs.

Not when you purchase a company with major leverage. Enrich yourself and your cronies while taking on more debt and then declare bankruptcy. I particularly like the Texas bankruptcy laws where the owner puts all of his wealth in a house (as large as possible) thereby keeping all his stolen, I mean earned funds because Texas won't touch the house.

maybe when dealing with sheeple that is true. posters on this board-I don't think so

It was shown during the primaries, trump was shown as a losing candidate in normal polls, especially face to face polls, but did better the more anonymous the polls were, and the internet polls tended to be more accurate.

For example someone now with a reporter asking for a poll might swear not to vote for either, but when anonymous might vote trump or hillary.

It was shown during the primaries, trump was shown as a losing candidate in normal polls, especially face to face polls, but did better the more anonymous the polls were, and the internet polls tended to be more accurate.

For example someone now with a reporter asking for a poll might swear not to vote for either, but when anonymous might vote trump or hillary.

I will give you credit for a rational argument but I think it doesn't apply on this board.

Jim Webb, who was the best candidate on either side.

Between Hillary and Trump, I'd honestly prefer another four years of Obama.

It's funny how Obama's legacy may up being "good" due to the fact that his predecessor was a horrendous president (Bush), and his successor (Clinton or Trump) are both very likely to end up being lousy presidents (with Trump being the worse of the two). They all end up making Obama look better by comparison.

It's funny how Obama's legacy may up being "good" due to the fact that his predecessor was a horrendous president (Bush), and his successor (Clinton or Trump) are both very likely to end up being lousy presidents (with Trump being the worse of the two). They all end up making Obama look better by comparison.

Well to be honest, in a couple of decades the only thing Obama will be remembered for is being the first black president and Obamacare.

shrug...

I'd rather have his predecessor than him around.

Well to be honest, in a couple of decades the only thing Obama will be remembered for is being the first black president and Obamacare.

At least that's better than his predecessors legacy/

No one is forcing either, this poll just focuses on hillary vs trump not hill and trump vs jill stein and gary johnson or possibly bernie in the 3 states he can still run independant due to sore loser laws.
Unless someone can present a strong case why I should vote to elect a person I do not think should be president, I won't be voting for Clinton.

I'm frankly tired of having to play "Lesser of Two Evils" - the game hasn't been fun for at least the past 2 expansions and this one is looking especially ****ty.

true-and on every issue that really matters to me Hillary is bad-as to Trump, I cannot tell in each case but he has a chance of being ok while hillary does not

You don't understand my position. if a politician doesn't trust his or her employers to be able to own the same defensive weapons that our tax dollars supply his or her bodyguards with, why should I trust them?

gun rights is a seminal issue with many of us and if the government doesn't trust us to own such weapons, I can never trust that government

TD, you are an attorney. Trump has explicitly and repeatedly discussed and demonstragedy a disdain for the judiciary.

Can you really overlook such?

The corrupt, useless, establishment candidate vs. an emotionally disturbed, egomaniac.

I will take neither and pencil in Gary Johnson.

(but between Mrs. Useless and Mr. Small Hands...I would pick the former - she will do less harm, imo)

Btw, I am not Dem nor Rep nor Libertarian nor anything else.

Last edited:
This is on whether you would vote for hillary or trump how things stand today, not yesterday, not tomorrow. Mind you this is just hillary vs trump, not counting third party, so if you have an other vote this poll is not for you, it is to be reflective of the two mainstream party candidates.

So you want an answer if I was forced to pick? Well If I'm forced and those are my only two options I go with Hillary. I'll go with that known enemy over the completely unknown. Trump doesn't care about anything but Trump.

Between Hillary and Trump, I'd honestly prefer another four years of Obama.

HAHAHAHA I like it! Heck if that was an option that's what I would pick too.

Given the choice of a candidate who is a proven liar, who is not afraid to use our political system to achieve her ends...which is really nothing more than her personal desire for power...

and...

a candidate who appeals to those who are dissatisfied with the party establishment who have been running our country for decades with only their own personal enrichment in mind...whether he actually succeeds in implementing remedies...

I have no choice but to vote for Trump.

Not defending Hillary at all but how isn't the bold also Trump? And in some cases even more so.

Given the choice of a candidate who is a proven liar, who is not afraid to use our political system to achieve her ends...which is really nothing more than her personal desire for power...

and...

a candidate who appeals to those who are dissatisfied with the party establishment who have been running our country for decades with only their own personal enrichment in mind...whether he actually succeeds in implementing remedies...

I have no choice but to vote for Trump.

How strange that you think Trump does not want to make money from this escapade. Why? No billionaire has enough money. They always want more or they would not be billionaires.

Back
Top Bottom