• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary vs trump

Hillary or trump

• trump

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • hillary

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's obvious - barring a heart attack/stroke or a conviction against her - Clinton will be the next POTUS.

She is lousy, but Trump is a buffoon.

After eight years of a President who is both lousy AND a buffoon, I'll go with one who is just a buffoon...he'll do less damage, overall, than the lousy one.

After eight years of a President who is both lousy AND a buffoon, I'll go with one who is just a buffoon...he'll do less damage, overall, than the lousy one.

You think so?

If you think that the economy is lousy now - which it is?

Just wait until you live through an economy that has a 45% tariff on imports. It will start a trade war, rocket prices to the sky on virtually everything and send America into a recession that will make the last one look like a weenie roast.

Don't believe me?

Check out the last time America tried to fix her problems by cutting off imports...it helped cause the Great Depression. And the tariffs were far less back then (though more all-encompassing).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot–Hawley_Tariff_Act

Trump has a few good ideas. He also has a few that show how COMPLETELY clueless this guy is on macroeconomics.

And don't forget, this guy has had to declare his companies bankrupt FOUR times. He is staggeringly overrated when it comes to business.

That period ended in 2008.

You think so?

Just wait until you live through an economy that has a 45% tariff on imports. It will start a trade war, rocket prices to the sky on virtually everything and send America into a recession that will make the last one look like a weenie roast.

Don't believe me?

Check out the last time America tried to fix her problems by cutting off imports...it helped cause the Great Depression. And the tariffs were far less back then (though more all-encompassing).

Trump has a few good ideas. He also has a few that show how COMPLETELY clueless this guy is on macroeconomics.

And don't forget, this guy has had to declare his companies bankrupt FOUR times. He is staggeringly overrated when it comes to business.

He really is just a salesman not a businessman.
Right now he is peddling himself as a politician and a large number of people are buying his snake oil.

You think so?

Don't believe me?

Blah, blah, blah...

Obama set tariffs, too. High tariffs. Maybe you don't remember this one: U.S. to Impose Tariff on Tires From China But hey...after eight years, Obama has proven he is an economic ignoramus who just follows the lead of his advisory flavor of the day. At least Trump has had experience in the business and economic world...he's had experience actually leading something...regardless whether you agree with his ideas or not.

And Hillary? LOL!! The only thing she has lead is the State Department...and there, she ****ed things up just about as badly as is possible. Then she cuts and runs...refuses to admit her mistakes and responsibilities...lies...and people, such as Obama, say she is the best thing going for the next presidency.

No...If Trump gets elected, we'll be in a less damaging position that we are with Obama or that we will with Hillary.

A vote for Trump is to turn your back to academia and science. It's a vote for ideology over substance. The Democrats take their cue from academia and science..the Republicans largely from the Bible and centuries old dogma. This election transcends politics. It represents a culture war.

Well she is like trump but on a smaller scale.
You know how I said I know how she will vote on most issues, well the issues I dont know about I believe will be the same. Total guesses and will be driven by nothign more than her opinion/pocket.

Now again lots of politicians are like this, she most certainly isn't the only one but I do think she could be VERY knee jerk on that 20-30% that I could go eitherway. Again many politicians are like that but it worries me cause its her, she is VERY capable of getting things done and getting her way more so than others and in the cases where she maybe knee jerk damage "could" be done more so then helping.

For instance just a random topic is guns, I dont really believe she'll do much BUT if she did and gets a bug up her ass it could be somethign totally bad and retarded she pushes through then to walk it back could be more trouble.

I just don't see enough there to loathe her or think she would be a horrible president. She's a politician clearly but unfortunately all we have to choose from is politicians and when comparing her to the others she just isn't nearly as awful as many of them especially when compared to most republicans. I also think, and I think you said this, she can be VERY effective and getting things she really wants done....done, the only question is what is she willing to sacrifice to get it done. The concern I think is that her priorities may not always match ours but they are certain to be much closer than Trumps would ever be.

1.)I just don't see enough there to loathe her or think she would be a horrible president.
2.) She's a politician clearly but unfortunately all we have to choose from is politicians and when comparing her to the others she just isn't nearly as awful as many of them especially when compared to most republicans.
3.) I also think, and I think you said this, she can be VERY effective and getting things she really wants done....done, the only question is what is she willing to sacrifice to get it done.
4.) The concern I think is that her priorities may not always match ours but they are certain to be much closer than Trumps would ever be.

1.) I dont loathe her at all
as for horrible president, I dont think that either based on our standards of president
2.) this is VERY true IMO but again its a shame that the bar.
Clinton>>>>> cruz (would have been the worse thing ever), rubio, carson etc
3.) she will be, I agree, i just worry about the knee jerk stuff
4.) again I agree, nobody even knows what trumps priorities are

Back
Top Bottom