• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High crimes and misdemeanors

Does calling for peaceful protest & claiming election fraud constitute high crimes and misdemeanors?

• Total voters
The speech is easy to understand even for a Trump apologist which is why the mob did exactly what Trump told them to do, they marched to the Capitol and tried to stop the steal p beefore their nation was taken from them by communist Democrats and Nancy Pelosi. Even the troglodytes who attended the speech understood what was being asked of them. Trump then sat on the sidelines and watched the spectacle unfold even as his own VPs life was being threatened. He did nothing. Sorry but you can try the legal verbal hijinks all day long and it won't fool anyone with half a brain. Trump acts like a mob figure. He never said he was going to put the head of a horse in bed with the producer, he just said he was going to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Except Trump told them to be peaceful when making their voices known at the Capitol. (see my sigline)
That once sentence, IMO, will get Trump off the hook for a conviction.

Ha!

So, in your quest to absolve yourself of your responsibility for helping the right-wing create this mess through blind support and loyalty, you choose to lash out at "the left" for being correct again.

- First, you pretend that the man's presidency did not begin under the shade of discovered secret meetings with Russian operatives, at a time when Putin was actively interfering in our election on Trump's behalf, in which Trump's National Security Advisor tried to cover up.

- Second, you pretend that criticism for Trump did not routinely come from throughout the political spectrum, opting instead to pretend that yours was a unified defense against "the left."

- Third, instead of acknowledging what radical right-wing propaganda created, with great help from the GOP, you choose to re-direct that uncomfortable reality at "the left" for simply being mean to Trump.

In the end, you still clearly devote yourself to Trump and the nonsensical and irrational propaganda about "the left." You vote for a third party, not because the GOP sucks anymore, but because "the left" won't allow it to suck without consequence. Don't get me wrong. I'm fine with your kind throwing your vote away. It's better than giving it to another Trump.
I’m really not interested in listening to a rehash of political talking points. Been there, done that.

75% of Republican voters remain with Trump. The senate needs 12 more GOP to convict. Why would they do that if they ever want to win an election again?
What makes you think the GOP wants to win another election? While there may be some candidates that want to get elected for the purpose of standing up to the UniParty the GOP as a whole is perfectly happy to accommodate whatever the Democrats choose to do. To their thinking, it's better to have a seat at the table than not.

Odds are Trump's defenders will try that very approach, one statement somehow nullifies all the others.

The senate will not be able to reach a majority to convict because of that one sentence.

That is exactly the charge.
tenor.gif

So if he was inciting violence, why did he claim, "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

I think that is the one sentence he did say that puts a wrench into the claim that Trump inciting of an insurrection.
Mind you, there were a lot of things I said from the day of the uprising he did say that could be see as pandering to his base, but inciting the crowd will be hard to prove in an Impeachment trial. He called for the crowd to make their voices be heard peacefully.
Trump lied to his followers, told them that the election had been stolen from them, them personally, based on absolutely nothing. He did that to make them all very angry. If it blew up in his face he has nobody to blame but himself.

The senate will not be able to reach a majority to convict because of that one sentence.
You should highlight Trump’s statement more prominently in your sig. I don’t think many are able to see it.

Most republicans were not with Trump before he was nominated.

I think it’s very wrong to connect Trump Supporters and Republicans.

Many Republicans are repulsed by Trump and can’t wait for him to go away.

I have little doubt there will not be a shortage of candidates to run against whoever the Dem candidate is in 2024.

Just not on November 3rd, right? 74 million of you disagree completely. They were so repulsed that they wanted more; and then the mass of them launched into perpetuating Trump's latest conspiracy theory about fraud.

After four years of this man proving to be a walking anti-thesis to conservatism, a routine hater of American institutions, a godless twisted version of a "baby-Christian," a habitual liar, and a persistent fiend towards military career, 74 million Republicans and conservatives wanted more.

I've told you. You don't get to play this game with people here. Had Trump been re-elected, you would not be playing this game. And you play this game solely because radical right-wing propaganda makes you irrational about Democrats. Once again, Democrats proved correct. Start with Global Warming and move on down the two decades to January 6th.

I’m really not interested in listening to a rehash of political talking points. Been there, done that.

Been there, denied that, and now seek to create cover for it. Too late. You wanted more of this on November 3rd.

Irrationally blaming "the left" for your refusal to see reality over the years is on you.

What makes you think the GOP wants to win another election? While there may be some candidates that want to get elected for the purpose of standing up to the UniParty the GOP as a whole is perfectly happy to accommodate whatever the Democrats choose to do. To their thinking, it's better to have a seat at the table than not.

It looks like some of them are clueless but we have to remember that the five senators who will vote to convict are RINO Never Trumpers. Not sure about the 12 voters remaining.
My advice to the latter, they'll be poll watching.

Except Trump told them to be peaceful when making their voices known at the Capitol. (see my sigline)

No it won't. All you have to do is quote him from countless other times when he was fomenting violence against his opponents. I am sorry but a murderer does not get off if he says "this will hurt me more then it does you".

Just not on November 3rd, right?

After four years of this man proving to be a walking anti-thesis to conservatism, a routine hater of American institutions, a godless twisted version of a "baby-Christian," a habitual liar, and a persistent fiend towards military career, 74 million Republicans and conservatives wanted more.

I've told you. You don't get to play this game with people here. Had Trump been re-elected, you would not be playing this game. And you play this game solely because radical right-wing propaganda makes you irrational about Democrats. Once again, Democrats proved correct. Start with Global Warming and move on down the two decades to January 6th.

Stop with the cray-lecture.

Been there, denied that, and now seek to create cover for it. Too late. You wanted more of this on November 3rd.

Irrationally blaming "the left" for your refusal to see reality over the years is on you.
I’m able to consider both sides of the argument. Trying to shame me doesn’t amount to much of an argument.

No it won't. All you have to do is quote him from countless other times when he was fomenting violence against his opponents. I am sorry but a murderer does not get off if he says "this will hurt me more then it does you".

Um, no. sorry. No cigar.
For a conviction to happen, there has to be clear convincing evidence that Trump did not want the mob to march up to the capitol and remain peaceful. The proof is in his words... He called for peaceful protest.

Wow, the revisionism has begun already, huh? How long before you're back on the train? hehe

I’m able to consider both sides of the argument.

Sure, which is why you distance from the radical right-wing propaganda that led you to Trump's altar, only to celebrate third-party candidates. You don't see another side at all. You see a delusion of the other side and continue your propagandas partisanship.

Trying to shame me doesn’t amount to much of an argument.

There is no try. You did this to yourself.

To level with you it is unlikely what I presented will be identical to what really plays out in the Senate, it was just a quick recap of what Trump and his enablers said with a one liner response on what others take it to mean.

I think we both know better than to assume you and I talking about this is how it would happen elsewhere.

You disagree with the idea that the Senate most likely wont convict?

Find me a source that clearly states that all constitutional scholars are in full agreement on this subject. Saying most do won’t cut the mustard.
I think the Senate WILL convict. I also think that the entire process is patently unconstitutional and that the Constitution has been effectively nullified over the past 20 years or so.

On the GOP side I figure that Murkowski, Collins and Romney are definite "convict" votes. They are likely to be joined by Rubio, Rick Scott, Sasse, Portman, and Lee. Other distinct possibilities to vote to convict will be Toomey, Lankford and Fisher.

Stop with the cray-lecture.

Stop with refusal to accept responsibility. Trump is done, so only now you conveniently choose to be independent? What about on January 5? Wasn't quite ready to be independent yet, huh?

Unless you know why you were so easily duped by a painfully obvious national traitor, you will simply continue to receive that radical right-wing propaganda that defines your irrational viewpoint of "the left."

Does calling for a "peaceful protest" and claiming the election was stolen constitute "high crimes and misdemeanors?" That is the accusation against President Trump.
You Start the thread with a falsehood.
Gerald Ford, a former U.S. president, famously said while in Congress that “an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history.”

explainer-impeachment-depends-on-high-crimes-and-misdemeanors-what-are-they-idUSKBN1WA288

Does calling for a "peaceful protest" and claiming the election was stolen constitute "high crimes and misdemeanors?" That is the accusation against President Trump.
No more than telling a foreign leader to “do us a favor . . .”. Probably less. Makes almost as much sense as impeaching a President who has already left office. That sound you hear is the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.

I think the Senate WILL convict. I also think that the entire process is patently unconstitutional and that the Constitution has been effectively nullified over the past 20 years or so.

On the GOP side I figure that Murkowski, Collins and Romney are definite "convict" votes. They are likely to be joined by Rubio, Rick Scott, Sasse, Portman, and Lee. Other distinct possibilities to vote to convict will be Toomey, Lankford and Fisher.

I'm surprised that you believe 12 GOP senators would knowingly commit political suicide but who knows, maybe they are that stupid.

Wow, the revisionism has begun already, huh? How long before you're back on the train? hehe

Discussing how the senate will vote does not equate to going back on the Trump train, but I can see how you are deliberately spinning to make it seem that way.

Have a ball!

No more than telling a foreign leader to “do us a favor . . .”. Probably less. Makes almost as much sense as impeaching a President who has already left office. That sound you hear is the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.

If Trump told the crowd to go up to Capitol Hill and unpatriotically and unpeacefully make their voices heard, the founding fathers would be on board with a conviction even after he left office,... but you're right. As it stands now, they would be spinning in their graves.

Stop with refusal to accept responsibility. Trump is done, so only now you conveniently choose to be independent? What about on January 5? Wasn't quite ready to be independent yet, huh?

Unless you know why you were so easily duped by a painfully obvious national traitor, you will simply continue to receive that radical right-wing propaganda that defines your irrational viewpoint of "the left."

Cry more...

Back
Top Bottom