• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High Crimes And Misdemeanors

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
From my understanding a crime means you have broken the law. I would say that a high crime means you have broken a very serious law. If you commit a misdemeanor it also means you have broken the law. What laws has Trump actually broken? What crime has he been convicted of?

Read the transcript

Out of curiosity I just googled the nine items listed in Nixon's article of impeachment number 1... trump is 9 for 9.

It's cute that you ask what crime "has he been convicted of" when you ****in well know he can't be convicted of a crime while in office. Did you think none of us would figure out that you invented an impossible goalpost?

Why are you even here? You clearly have no intention of engaging in intelligent discourse with the whole “what crime has he committed” garbage, so why are you even here? Are you being paid to be here? If we top it, will you leave?

This post reeks of stupid!

Googled with your exact words as the search term.

Thank me later.

Looks like 3 of the 4 they looked at are not likely so it would come down to obstruction of justice, which would also likely be a no if Nancy is successful in confining it to the phone call. Sure Trump will probably be impeached, but unless there is some evidence that gets people not already against him against him, it will backfire both in the Senate and in the election.

i hope that he didn't do something really bad like lie about a blow job.

There's been no convictions of anyone yet. There will be articles of impeachment and each article listed, such as abuse of power. Trump threatened to withhold aid from Ukraine if its Prime Minister did not investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son. Using taxpayer dollars to manipulate an important ally against Russia and attack a political rival is a clear abuse of presidential power. Furthermore, Trump's administration tried to conceal the whistleblower complaint that brought this corruption to light and label the civil servant who filed it as partisan. The White House has also obstructed justice by refusing to cooperate with this investigation and by prohibiting witnesses to appear to testify.

That is not what high crimes and misdemeanors means.

It can mean something as slight as actions unbecoming a president.

Please try and say with a straight face that trump hasn't crossed that line.

Above and beyond that I have listed many of trumps crimes that unless pardoned he will do time for.

In comparison he makes Nixon look like a saint...

The origins of the phrase go back to the 14th century. It does not require a crime. More recently, Alexander Hamilton in Federalist 65 said of it:

So you are in fact wrong.

Edit: The Federalist Papers - Congress.gov Resources - Congress.gov Resources

Extortion and bribery

Now there is some wishful thinking...

Now there is some wishful thinking...

Or objective analysis. The impeachment card is not one to be played on a whim. America will not respond well when this is over. When the stock market turns south as soon as Warren secures the nomination, Trump just has to point at her and say she did it for 3 months.

The lack of a serious Republican challenger jumping into the race is a pretty good indication that Trump will not be removed.

Not enough sufficient evidence that the president committed a HIGH crime worthy of an impeachment conviction.

We Shouldn't Impeach Trump On the Basis of Flawed Legal Theory

About the author:
Robert Ray is a partner at Thompson & Knight LLP and, as independent counsel from 1999 to 2002, issued the final report in the Whitewater investigation.

Last edited:

So did he think that impeachment was necessary for a blowjob?

Because Republicans really lowered the bar for an impeachable action with that one.

Apparently your author is unfamiliar with the term legal precedent...

Last edited:
The rest of the Times article...continued from Post #15

Last edited:
So did he think that impeachment was necessary for a blowjob?

Because Republicans really lowered the bar for an impeachable action with that one.

Apparently your author is unfamiliar with the term legal precedent...

Clinton wasn't impeached for a blowjob. :lol:

I think the author's legal opinion is highly credible. ymmv

What federal criminal code existed when the impeachment portion of the Constitution was adopted?

Clinton wasn't impeached for a blowjob. :lol:

I think the author's legal opinion is highly credible. ymmv

You think k trump is an innocent president, a billionaire, a successful businessman, who always tells the truth, so your opinion is highly suspect...

Trump broke the law of being Trump. He broke the law of having a different opinion and different demeanor than the other cookie cutter politicians.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…