• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High Crimes And Misdemeanors

So did he think that impeachment was necessary for a blowjob?

Because Republicans really lowered the bar for an impeachable action with that one.

Apparently your author is unfamiliar with the term legal precedent...

Bill Clinton was not impeached for getting a blowjob. He was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. Can you please quote the articles of impeachment which state that he was impeached for getting a blowjob?

What federal criminal code existed when the impeachment portion of the Constitution was adopted?

What crimes has Trump broken? If you can't answer the question just say you can't answer the question.

Such as extorting a foreign government to manufacture a phony investigation to attempt to discredit a political opponent???

I that kinda breach of public trust???

I wonder if they know what crimes trump has committed yet? Lol

From my understanding a crime means you have broken the law. I would say that a high crime means you have broken a very serious law. If you commit a misdemeanor it also means you have broken the law. What laws has Trump actually broken? What crime has he been convicted of?
You may wish to review the terms high crimes and misdemeanors as they were intended by our Founding Fathers before going any further.
[Or not. idk.]
There need not a be a specific law broken for high crimes or a misdemeanors to have occurred.

What crimes has Trump broken? If you can't answer the question just say you can't answer the question.

That does not answer the question. Impeachment was written into the Constitution before there were any federal crime statutes. Therefore, what "high crimes and misdemeanors" did the authors have in mind?

You think k trump is an innocent president, a billionaire, a successful businessman, who always tells the truth, so your opinion is highly suspect...

What crimes has Trump broken? If you can't answer the question just say you can't answer the question. By the way, Trix posted facts from someone who does not think k trump is an innocent president, a billionaire, a successful businessman, who always tells the truth.

I'm not sure that the guy who apparently thinks being a Democrat is more of a crime than raping children is arguing in good faith about criminal activity folks.

so now being an accessory to murder is not a crime? Ukrainians died waiting for the weapons that trump held up and he is partially responsible for those deaths. This is why the power of the presidency must be so carefully monitored. This was not just another trump failure like "trump steaks". People die when a president is only looking out for himself. Those deaths are on all our hands but more so with trumpists like you who are directly enabling his behavior. Does having blood on your hands bother you? I know it doesn't bother trump a bit. I just wonder if you all are like that.

trump froze military aid — as ukrainian soldiers perished in battle - los angeles times

lol!!

You may wish to review the terms high crimes and misdemeanors as they were intended by our Founding Fathers before going any further.
Or not. idk.

A good start. The term was taken from British law. It is there that the meaning is made clear. We can see specific instances in which it was applied and the actions which the British included within its framework. That should settle the matter and lay to rest the question, 'What crimes?' There's nothing further to add.

I wasn't impressed. The distinction between what is a quid pro quo but not explicit, versus Trump: THIS IS A QUID PRO QUO!, isn't meaningful. It's a form over substance argument. If the words from POTUS imply a qpq, and the actions of his people on the ground make that qpq explicit, and Ukraine tells us they understood the qpq, that's what it is. No need for Trump to do the equivalent of talk into a mic and specifically admit to a crime.

Beyond that the article goes off the rails right at the jump.

then:

But neither Hamilton or the historical context of that term requires a "crime" as we understand and use the term. It isn't even good sleight of hand, to quote a founder, then directly contradict him. If Hamilton meant, "a CRIMINAL abuse or violation of some public trust" we can assume someone as articulate as Hamilton would have said so, directly, and he pointedly did not.

And then based on this false premise, he determines the qpq isn't "criminal" THEREFORE no impeachment... Q.E.D.

I did get a laugh out of it though:

:2rofll:

Maybe you should listen to your false God's puppet Lindsay Graham.

The phrase has been illuminated by essay 65 of the federalist papers ( Hamilton ).

In a nut shell, they are anything Congress deems they are, including acts which are illegal, but not limited to.

For example, there is no explicit law against "conduct unbecoming", or "abuse of power", "dereliction" "threat to national security" all of which which could be articles of impeachment.

That being said, he's already listed as co-conspirator on a felony, and there are numerous examples of obstruction, and horse trading foreign policy in order to improvre one's reelection chances is an FEC felony, as well.

The founding fathers set a high bar for impeachment, just so that a partisan party couldn't conduct witch hunt investigations and kangaroo courts to remove an opposing president based merely on partisan politics, the same kind of partisan politics where the left talked about impeaching Trump before he ever took office.

A good start. The term was taken from British law. It is there that the meaning is made clear. We can see specific instances in which it was applied and the actions which the British included within its framework. That should settle the matter and lay to rest the question, 'What crimes?' There's nothing further to add.

Clearly the question has been answered

What crimes has he broken? Don't you mean what laws? I'm pretty sure it's against the law to misuse charity funds for political purposes. Hence the lawsuit.

[Or not. idk.]
There need not a be a specific law broken for high crimes or a misdemeanors to have occurred.

And the founding fathers also set a very high bar for impeachment so that an opposing party couldn't conduct witch hunt investigations and kangaroo courts in order to remove a president from office for purely partisan reasons, like a party who has wanted to impeach Trump since before he even took office.

That does not answer the question. Impeachment was written into the Constitution before there were any federal crime statutes. Therefore, what "high crimes and misdemeanors" did the authors have in mind?

What crimes has Trump broken? If you can't answer the question just say you can't answer the question. Or, are you admitting that Trump didn't break any laws?

What crimes has he broken? Don't you mean what laws? I'm pretty sure it's against the law to misuse charity funds for political purposes. Hence the lawsuit.

Also have the bribery and extortion

Back
Top Bottom