• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

He many not be pretty, but he identifies as a she...

Does this person identity as a transgender woman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftists here are... “woke” culture

That’s been from the Left.

That’s from the Left.

That was a Leftist pushing the false information.

So, don’t tell me to elevate my discourse

You have pointed you gun in the wrong direction... perhaps you should point it to those on the Left who have these beliefs.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by leftist but people on this thread do not represent a group, only their own views. There is much disagreement on this topic in all groups, including in the trans community.

I am *asking* you to elevate your discourse. Unless you actually don't care about the topic but are simply looking to ridicule and fight. I'm new here but it seems there is a lot of that going on. It's unfortunate because this topic deserves good faith and nuanced discussion since it actually does effect society as a whole.

I don't point guns in any direction and am willing to disagree with anyone, no matter what club they belong to.

It would be a victory for freedom if anyone on the right acknowledged a person's gender identification. I said it's likely she does.

You still haven't answered why you're obseessed with trans people.

You think you’re being clever, but your primary school ploy is transparent. Your using the word “obsessed” is an attempt to shut down discussion.

Why are you so fearful of discussing trans people?

I have no fear of discussing what transpires in our society... why are you so cowardly?

Those on the right do acknowledge gender... every day.

It has been interesting to watch you and AProudLefty deny an admitted trans woman as being one.

I thought you people were “woke”.

It’s also been interesting to watch the mocking of a trans woman from Leftists. I thought you people were the epitome of tolerance and openness.

It’s been interesting to see a Leftist who denied a trans woman her identification, mocked her... then go on to falsely claim you cannot simply wake up one day and declare yourself so. And then provide “extremely harmful” information about counseling.

This from the “enlightened” ones!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by leftist but people on this thread do not represent a group, only their own views. There is much disagreement on this topic in all groups, including in the trans community.

I am *asking* you to elevate your discourse. Unless you actually don't care about the topic but are simply looking to ridicule and fight. I'm new here but it seems there is a lot of that going on. It's unfortunate because this topic deserves good faith and nuanced discussion since it actually does effect society as a whole.

I don't point guns in any direction and am willing to disagree with anyone, no matter what club they belong to.

People here represent ideas, and the Left has been masterful in Balkanizing society. Group Identity is foundational to Leftism. It’s the Left’s thing, so spare me the bull****.

My discourse is elevated.

Why don’t you address those who have:

1. mocked a trans woman repeatedly

2. denied the realities of what it takes to become “X” gender

3. denied the trans woman her identity because she looks masculine

4. provided “extremely harmful” information

As noted previously... YOU are barking up the wrong tree.

Why is that, when the transgressions (no pun intended) have been with Leftists in this thread????

Why have you failed to address these misinformed, mocking Leftists????

Why do we call tomboys "tomboys"?

aproudlefty, you have not answered my question "what is a woman supposed to look or act like?". This is part of the issue for women. Gender identity is supposedly a feeling and it is based on some sort of stereotype of how a woman is supposed to look and behave. There is no one way women look, behave, or dress but they all do have something in common - their biological reality. This cannot be identified away.
It is regressive to claim that women need to look or act a certain way. The trans-identified people in this thread are biologically male but do identify as women and are accepted as women by those who believe woman is simply a feeling and that anyone can identify as one. This is part of the pronblem. It is a misguided attempt at acceptance. I do think people who struggle with how to present themselves (masculine, feminine, in between) deserve dignity but I also think we have to recognize what is at stake by replacing sex with gender identity.
I think the way this conversation has gone is simply pitting you against zimmer, giving no chance of a good-faith discussion on an important topic. You have each gone to opposite corners, trying to prove something. It's more complicated than that.

Group Identity is foundational to Leftism. It’s the Left’s thing, so spare me the bull****.

Why don’t you address those who have:

2. denied the realities of what it takes to become “X” gender

3. denied the trans woman her identity because she looks masculine

Zimmer, group identity focus is as common on the right as it is on the left. Whether it is gun rights activists, christian fundamentalists, anti-abortion activists, or it is LGBT activists, pro-choice activists, etc. These are all voting blocks who politicians pander to whether they believe in their cause or not. Identity has been a hyper focus in the US since the founding. I agree that it's a problem.

I have addressed any posts on this thread that in my opinion perpetuate misinformation or that I disagree with or think is harmful. I don't care which political side anyone is on. I agree or disagree based on content. You can check my responses to people on this thread to verify.

Zimmer, group identity focus is as common on the right as it is on the left. Whether it is gun rights activists, christian fundamentalists, anti-abortion activists, or it is LGBT activists, pro-choice activists, etc. These are all voting blocks who politicians pander to whether they believe in their cause or not. Identity has been a hyper focus in the US since the founding. I agree that it's a problem.

I have addressed any posts on this thread that in my opinion perpetuate misinformation or that I disagree with or think is harmful. I don't care which political side anyone is on. I agree or disagree based on content. You can check my responses to people on this thread to verify.

Identity Politics is a Leftist tool. You really should bone-up on it. To claim it’s of the Right is fall-down funny.

In the months leading up to 8 November 2016, Clinton differentiated herself from her opponent by becoming the candidate who cared about America’s underserved groups: women, immigrants, the LGBTQ community, black and Latino voters, and the many people whose identities span multiple categories. Her supporters rallied behind the Big Tent slogan: “Love Trumps Hate.”

But on election day, it did not.

In an interview with 60 Minutes last fall, Steve Bannon, the former chief strategist for the White House and chairman of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, warned, “The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em.”

A skittish left might view Bannon’s words as an imminent threat. But identity politics are not to be feared. Their effectiveness as a progressive political strategy, however, is undermined by their misuse.

Identity politics has veered away from its roots. It's time to bring it back | Kimberly Foster | Opinion | The Guardian

You think you’re being clever, but your primary school ploy is transparent. Your using the word “obsessed” is an attempt to shut down discussion.

Why are you so fearful of discussing trans people?

I have no fear of discussing what transpires in our society... why are you so cowardly?

Those on the right do acknowledge gender... every day.

It has been interesting to watch you and AProudLefty deny an admitted trans woman as being one.

I thought you people were “woke”.

It’s also been interesting to watch the mocking of a trans woman from Leftists. I thought you people were the epitome of tolerance and openness.

It’s been interesting to see a Leftist who denied a trans woman her identification, mocked her... then go on to falsely claim you cannot simply wake up one day and declare yourself so. And then provide “extremely harmful” information about counseling.

This from the “enlightened” ones!!!

I haven't denied anything about her. You're conflsting 2 different arguments.

This is yet another thread from you about transgender people. You can't help yourself.

I haven't denied anything about her. You're conflsting 2 different arguments.

This is yet another thread from you about transgender people. You can't help yourself.

Why are you so cowardly about discussing trans people?

Why do you desperately seek to shut down the conversation about trans people?

Why?

The trans woman identifies as such, yet you use the reporter as a denial mechanism.

I'm not at all fearful of it. I don't know this person, and it's very likely she does. The reporter identifying anybody as anything does not make it so.

Why do you care about this person's gender identity? What difference dies it possibly mske?

PS. there’s another trans thread to be started soon. brace thyself!!!

Last edited:
We have two Leftists here claiming a self identifying trans woman seen and admitting so in two videos, is not a trans women in their eyes.

They may not be able to go into the “other locker room “... ever... but they sure as hell can wake up one day and claim they are another of the Left’s many “genders”. That is all it takes... is a decision and pointing to what they want to be on the Leftist gender menu.

I asked previously in this forum how many there are... Leftists shuck and jive with their answers because not even they have a clue how many there are or what these might be.

Some even asking why I would post such a question...

Here’s the thread:

https://www.debatepolitics.com/poll...ere.html?highlight=How+many+genders+are+there
So what. If one wakes up one day and makes a claim no one has to take them serious. So NO, that's not all it takes.
One can claim they talk to god daily also. Doesn't mean that its so.

I have seen no shucking and jiving. But you appear to be extremely confused.

Yes. If a man wants to pretend to be a woman that's fine. But there is no requirement for those who don't know him to go along with the charade.

That is always the case.
But true transgenders, one who actually lives that life, usually can't be faked. And those close will know. Some may not admit it, but they will know.

Why are you fearful of discussing them? You have something to hide? Like your ignorance?

Tell me.. Does the individual in the video self identify as a trans woman? Does the reporter identify “her” as a trans gender woman? If so, wouldn’t that make her one under Leftist gender rules?

Why are leftists so fearful of discussing gender? Is it confusing for you? Know so little about it? What’s the problem? I thought you people were experts on gender? No????

I'm pretty sure that the expert is the guy who started 39 transgender threads.

If she says she's a woman who am I to argue? She's a pretty ugly woman, but so are lots of women who were born with a vag, so she's got a built-in peer group.

I don't see what the big deal is with letting people identify as what they want to identify as. While I might personally think you're nuts if you tell me you identify as an apache attack helicopter, I'll still treat you decently as long as you return the favor.

Tell us... Is the person in the video who identifies as a trans gender woman... a transgender woman?

If that's her preference, then she is.

Deal with it.

Republicans​
Projectors of Hatred​

That is always the case.
But true transgenders, one who actually lives that life, usually can't be faked. And those close will know. Some may not admit it, but they will know.

Is there such a person as a 'true transgender'?

If that's her preference, then she is.

Deal with it.

Republicans​
Projectors of Hatred​

Has it never crossed your mind that adding 'deal with it' to a comment makes one sound like a petulant teen who is trying too hard to be 'cool'?

Has it never crossed your mind that adding 'deal with it' to a comment makes one sound like a petulant teen who is trying too hard to be 'cool'?

Petulant teen = donald trump and anyone who supports his behavior.

Deal with it.

Well... you came out of the gate mocking this transgender woman, and then you illustrated who you believe a transgender woman is... those who look feminine. You posts below illustrate this clearly.

One more time.... why do you think this man is really TG? Do you have any kind of evidence, background or history on this man?

Fact is, most transgender women look like men. Because they are.

If it is a fact, then you should be able to give me stats. Simple. Or admit you're pulling it out of your butt.

Fact is, to be a transgender woman, all you have to do is announce you are one... just as it is all you have to do to be one of any of “X” genders identified by the Left.

So if I announce that I am Superman, you'll think I am Superman?

Fact is, you provided a suggestion to another here that trans women need counseling (didn’t you say for a year), and then if you read the advice from “professionals”... they claim what you suggest is “extremely harmful”.

It is harmful to try to convert a genuine TG person.

aproudlefty, you have not answered my question "what is a woman supposed to look or act like?". This is part of the issue for women. Gender identity is supposedly a feeling and it is based on some sort of stereotype of how a woman is supposed to look and behave. There is no one way women look, behave, or dress but they all do have something in common - their biological reality. This cannot be identified away.
It is regressive to claim that women need to look or act a certain way. The trans-identified people in this thread are biologically male but do identify as women and are accepted as women by those who believe woman is simply a feeling and that anyone can identify as one. This is part of the pronblem. It is a misguided attempt at acceptance. I do think people who struggle with how to present themselves (masculine, feminine, in between) deserve dignity but I also think we have to recognize what is at stake by replacing sex with gender identity.
I think the way this conversation has gone is simply pitting you against zimmer, giving no chance of a good-faith discussion on an important topic. You have each gone to opposite corners, trying to prove something. It's more complicated than that.

That is where you are wrong. It is not about feeling. And it's funny that you asked that question because you haven't explained what this "feeling" is. What is a "feminine feeling"?
No, it is about identity. They seem themselves as in the wrong bodies. Why are their bodies wrong? Because they aren't female!!! Also, their brains' gender is the opposite (MRI studies suggest it), so naturally they would see themselves as female and GASP! behave like a female!

And no I haven't gone to the opposite side. I am trying to educate him on this issue. He is is ignorant. He thinks you can just choose to be transgender willy nilly. And he thinks the man in the video is actually a TG. I simply disagree because there is no way to be sure unless you have some kind of idea about the man.

How does posting something equally as meaningless as your earlier post help shed light on anything?

I guess you don't understand the analogy. Transgender people are born that way. They don't decide one day they're the opposite sex just like homosexuals don't decide one day they're homosexuals.

Transgender children exhibit the behavior of the opposite sexes as early as 2 to 3 years old. In the past, they have been suppressed and forced to behave as their biological sexes they were assigned at birth. Just like how in the past gay people were forced in hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom