• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you been to Europe? [W:107]

Have you been to Europe?

• Total voters
The Sierra rocks! I'm not a skier or snowboarder but I love the high sierra in winter. I get up above 2,000m snow walking whenever I can.

I'm not the walking type to be honest, I prefer the good old ski lift ;) ! Another thing I look forward to every time I go is the actual town of Sierra Nevada. It feels like you're in a whole different world up there on the mountain.

I'm not the walking type to be honest, I prefer the good old ski lift ;) ! Another thing I look forward to every time I go is the actual town of Sierra Nevada. It feels like you're in a whole different world up there on the mountain.

I only ever go there in the summer to reach Veleta... on foot.

Yeah, it's a slightly weird place; a little bit of Austria surrounded by deepest Andalucía.

I only ever go there in the summer to reach Veleta... on foot.

Yeah, it's a slightly weird place; a little bit of Austria surrounded by deepest Andalucía.

So a bit like going to Mijas Costa and thinking you are in the UK? :)

Spent a lot of time in the UK. Its really changed in the past 30 years or so. You can now get a decent meal just about anywhere. although the pub rules are a relic of the middle ages. Has it changed in the past 5 years?

France is amazing for the museums and art and food. People not so much.

Switzerland is outrageously beautiful and expensive. I gotta thing for mountains.

Spain has a wonderful rythm, good food, awesome bordering on obscene religious art, gaudi and alhambra.

Portugal struck me as a extremely pleasant. first time I encountered real peasants. Algarve is beautiful even if its a bit touristy.

Germany - only been to Munich for a few days but had a blast. Beer is excellent, food robust but a tad heavy, and every taxi driver was turkish and spoke english.

Netherlands is some kinda fun. Been to the Van Gogh museum at least a dozen times - never get tired of it. People all speak english, the food is decent, the nightlife vibrant, the houses are ridiculously narrow and lean over alarmingly.. Just wandering around amsterdam is great although I had a moment - until I realized that it had been years since I had been surrounded by so many white people. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom