• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Handful of protesters show up during President Trump’s Tucson rally

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://kvoa.com/news/local-news/20...show-up-during-president-trumps-tucson-rally/

Rallies bring excitement and passion and usually protests.

President Trump supporters could be seen miles away, waiting to get inside.
News 4 Tucson found a handful of Joe Biden supporters (three to be exact).

I was at the rally today and didn't see any protesters on the way in. There were a few a block or so down the street when we left and, to be fair, it was more like five of them instead of just three.

Tucson is a VERY blue city but what I saw today didn't look that way. The Trump crowd was pretty thick by 9am even though the gates didn't open until a little after noon. It was kind of reassuring to see a significant Hispanic turnout and also a bunch of younger folks. Maybe 1/4 of the crowd was under 30 and the Latino community accounted for about 1/3. I also spoke to more than one person that claimed to have registered as a Democrat but did so only to skew the polling. As far as the level of enthusiasm went, even in 90+ degree heat for the whole day it was off the charts. Half the crowd was on its feet nearly the whole time and I saw more 70 year olds climbing on their chairs so they could get a picture of Air Force One rolling up than I ever need to see again!

https://kvoa.com/news/local-news/20...show-up-during-president-trumps-tucson-rally/

I was at the rally today and didn't see any protesters on the way in. There were a few a block or so down the street when we left and, to be fair, it was more like five of them instead of just three.

Tucson is a VERY blue city but what I saw today didn't look that way. The Trump crowd was pretty thick by 9am even though the gates didn't open until a little after noon. It was kind of reassuring to see a significant Hispanic turnout and also a bunch of younger folks. Maybe 1/4 of the crowd was under 30 and the Latino community accounted for about 1/3. I also spoke to more than one person that claimed to have registered as a Democrat but did so only to skew the polling. As far as the level of enthusiasm went, even in 90+ degree heat for the whole day it was off the charts. Half the crowd was on its feet nearly the whole time and I saw more 70 year olds climbing on their chairs so they could get a picture of Air Force One rolling up than I ever need to see again!
Thanks for the first-person reporting, Lutherf.

Trump never made it to my Blue state, and this may be his farewell tour. I'm sorry I never got to see one of these things inside.

Trump never made it to my Blue state, and this may be his farewell tour. I'm sorry I never got to see one of these things inside.

Chromsky, I wonder how many people go to those things simply because it's an opportunity to see a living president in person.

One of my relatives still remembers seeing Ronald Reagan at an outdoor speech in the 1980's. He was only about three or four years old (my relative, not Reagan), yet he still remembers seeing the president at the podium and wearing a white suit. That's literally like having a relative who once saw Lincoln or Kennedy.

I'm not a big Trump supporter, but if I had the opportunity, I just might go to one of his rallies for that one reason.

I would think that there would be some demonstrators wherever Trump goes.

The most I've seen is when he went to Britain, like a million protesters came out to protest his visit.

The "October surprise" may never come to fruition.

It might happen in November though.

Just like it did in 2016. :ROFLMAO:

The most I've seen is when he went to Britain, like a million protesters came out to protest his visit.

Swing, I think I remember seeing videos of that. I think it was the first time I had seen one of those giant inflated "Baby Trump" balloons.

They probably have jobs, besides, now is the time to have their voices heard at the polls, not the protest.

I assume there was the usual lack of virus safety trump rallies have, making it crazy to go. So, you're proud of trump supporters being liars by registering falsely, and that there is basically a mob mentality of cult worship. OK then. Not a word about WHY they should support trump, just bragging that he's a good con man. I will admit his one skill appears to be conning a certain type of person.

How does it feel to have attended a Trump Covid Super Spreader Event? When cases are rising in over 40 states? Were you wearing a mask or denying science like 90% of your cohorts? How many votes do you think Trump got from people that weren't already in his camp?

What a waste of time.

And when the subject of Governor Whitmer came up, did you chant “lock her up!” along with the rest of the orcs?

do not gather in crowds during a pandemic.

Appreciate the first hand report, Luther.

For those that have asked, there wasn't much mask wearing and no social distancing. They checked temperatures of everyone that went in but it was shoulder to shoulder from that point. We'll just have to see what the results are. I will tell you that, personally, it felt damned good to get out and do something normal. As for chants about locking people up, both Whitmer and Biden got those.

Trump gave EXACTLY the kind of presentation you figured he would. He was energized and engaging while flinging all kinds of "red meat" and the crowd ate it up. While Trump touted his own accomplishments the general tenor of the speech was about the American people and how he was doing his thing so that everyone else could do their thing, empowered by government dererulation instead of "protected" by government control. Though never stated directly, the message was, "This is YOUR America, do your best and we can all become greater".

Not bad - a handful of protestors showing up at a Trump 30,000+ rally and the best that Joe Biden can do is to get a couple of people (I think he had 6 at his last one!) to show up at his "rallies" - all selected, given questions ahead of time and Biden has the answers ahead of time.

Not bad - a handful of protestors showing up at a Trump 30,000+ rally and the best that Joe Biden can do is to get a couple of people (I think he had 6 at his last one!) to show up at his "rallies" - all selected, given questions ahead of time and Biden has the answers ahead of time.
I don't know about 30,000 but there were at least a couple of thousand inside the fence and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out it was 5,000 or more overall. I know that it took well over an hour to get out of the parking lot after the event but that was mostly because the Tucson Airport Parking team only collected the parking fee on the way out instead of on the way in like most large events do.

Here's an overhead from the rally -

There were more people behind the hangars watching on a big video screen too.

Chromsky, I wonder how many people go to those things simply because it's an opportunity to see a living president in person.

One of my relatives still remembers seeing Ronald Reagan at an outdoor speech in the 1980's. He was only about three or four years old (my relative, not Reagan), yet he still remembers seeing the president at the podium and wearing a white suit. That's literally like having a relative who once saw Lincoln or Kennedy.

I'm not a big Trump supporter, but if I had the opportunity, I just might go to one of his rallies for that one reason.
Thanks for the reply.

l'll go one further, Emilly L - I'm a big-time anti-Trumper! I think he is the worst President in my lifetime, and in fact is a danger to the country & our world standing.

But that being said, I very much want to attend one of these. Ever since I was a little kid delivering my newspapers and helping-out our precinct captain, I developed a desire to observe and participate in community & society. Not just politically, but socially as well. And what bigger recent political & social phenomenon is there, than the Trump movement? From an observer's perspective, I find it fascinating.

While obviously retaining my core values, I would go with as ope-mind as I possibly could. I have my personal views obviously, but I'd like to hear what his followers have to say. I do believe everyone has at least one thing they can teach me - even if it's only teaching me about them!

But my 2016 campaign rally plans didn't pan-out, and there's no way I'm going to one during Covid times. And with the reasonable likelihood of Trump failing to get re-elected, it looks like my boat may have sailed! But who knows? He may continue the rallies out of office? But, I suspect that would change their character.

Thanks for the reply.

l'll go one further, Emilly L - I'm a big-time anti-Trumper! I think he is the worst President in my lifetime, and in fact is a danger to the country & our world standing.

But that being said, I very much want to attend one of these. Ever since I was a little kid delivering my newspapers and helping-out our precinct captain, I developed a desire to observe and participate in community & society. Not just politically, but socially as well. And what bigger recent political & social phenomenon is there, than the Trump movement? From an observer's perspective, I find it fascinating.

While obviously retaining my core values, I would go with as ope-mind as I possibly could. I have my personal views obviously, but I'd like to hear what his followers have to say. I do believe everyone has at least one thing they can teach me - even if it's only teaching me about them!

But my 2016 campaign rally plans didn't pan-out, and there's no way I'm going to one during Covid times. And with the reasonable likelihood of Trump failing to get re-elected, it looks like my boat may have sailed! But who knows? He may continue the rallies out of office? But, I suspect that would change their character.
That's the way America should be. It's fine to disagree but there isn't a lot of need to be disagreeable.

I actually expected a lot of people to be there for exactly the reason you stated but if they were there I sure couldn't pick them out. Everyone in attendance seemed to be there because they wanted to support Trump and I didn't hear one negative thing. Nobody was even really badmouthing Biden or Democrats all that much. The conversations were more along the lines of "we need to beat them because we can't hand America to the Marxists" but it was all ideology based instead of personal.

The "October surprise" may never come to fruition.

It might happen in November though.

Just like it did in 2016. :ROFLMAO:

They already tried the “look at these emails” thing again, it flopped pretty good.

I would think that there would be some demonstrators wherever Trump goes.

Their Brit's. They have nothing else to do.

That's the way America should be. It's fine to disagree but there isn't a lot of need to be disagreeable.

I actually expected a lot of people to be there for exactly the reason you stated but if they were there I sure couldn't pick them out. Everyone in attendance seemed to be there because they wanted to support Trump and I didn't hear one negative thing. Nobody was even really badmouthing Biden or Democrats all that much. The conversations were more along the lines of "we need to beat them because we can't hand America to the Marxists" but it was all ideology based instead of personal.

You think “liberals are marxists and want to destroy America” isn’t “badmouthing?”

You think “liberals are marxists and want to destroy America” isn’t “badmouthing?”
If you guys think Marxism is a good thing then how can it be badmouthing to point that out?

If you guys think Marxism is a good thing then how can it be badmouthing to point that out?

If you think fascism is a good thing, it’s not badmouthing for me to point that out.

And when the subject of Governor Whitmer came up, did you chant “lock her up!” along with the rest of the orcs?

I suspect most would not brag about not being for Trump, in that crowd! 😝

Anyway, I know you're catching a lot of noise in this thread. But, I for one appreciate your candidly sharing your experience with us - in what appears to me to be an even-handed objective manner.

Believe it or not, at one time I considered being a journalist. So reports like this resonate with me, along with my having a general interest in people (which is probably reflected in my having considered journalism).

If you think fascism is a good thing, it’s not badmouthing for me to point that out.
The right wing in America is opposed to dictatorial rule and what you see as Nationalism is actually Individualism. Meanwhile, the left wing ascribes to federal control of all necessary public services, the suppression of free speech, especially political speech, and national voting instead of state centric voting. I dare say that the left ascribe to more “fascist” ideas than the right does.

Back
Top Bottom