• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin[W:106:124]

From what I see all over the news today Zimmerman has problems with this auction.

I'm sure he'll be able to find a collector at some point. Not sure about the 5k price tag, though. Sure, it's an "historical gun", but it's also a relatively minor blip in history. His attacker wasn't particularly notorious, he just chose the wrong person to get on his hind legs with. Also, it's a Kel-Tec, which is just about the cheapest handgun there is. A new one probably lists for 250, and you probably could get one new for 200. While the "historical" is what determines the price, the fact that it's such a cheap generic gun doesn't help.

If I had to guess, I would think 2500 tops, 10x new value, unless he can get a bidding war between collectors and anti-gun orgs that want to make a show/news splash of destroying the thing.

The Ancient Romans regarded murder as a crime against the State and the occused was tried on the charge of treason. An appeal to the people was permitted for either favorable or unfavorable verdicts. Those found guilty by either a judge or the people were bound in a public space, where they were lashed and flogged to death. Just occasionally, I wonder if they had a superior justice system.

The Ancient Romans regarded murder as a crime against the State and the occused was tried on the charge of treason. An appeal to the people was permitted for either favorable or unfavorable verdicts. Those found guilty by either a judge or the people were bound in a public space, where they were lashed and flogged to death. Just occasionally, I wonder if they had a superior justice system.
While the superiority of the system to deal with murderers is subject to debate, it's not really relevant here since there was no murder rather a justified homicide in self defense. Basically, if someone attacks another person, the victim can legally use lethal force to defend themselves. They can also sell the weapon they used, as a powerful symbol of that fundamenral human right.

While the superiority of the system to deal with murderers is subject to debate, it's not really relevant here since there was no murder rather a justified homicide in self defense. Basically, if someone attacks another person, the victim can legally use lethal force to defend themselves. They can also sell the weapon they used, as a powerful symbol of that fundamenral human right.

It was certainly a murder whether or not Zimmerman was found guilty in a legal sense.

It was certainly a murder whether or not Zimmerman was found guilty in a legal sense.

That makes no sense. Murder is a legal term. He was found not guilty of murder, therefore, there was no murder.

Re: GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin

99% of the population would do the same thing, no biggie.

Re: George Zimmerman auctions gun...

The fundamental danger of a Zimmerman acquital isn't more riots, it's more George Zimmermans.

Can you explain what you mean by "more George Zimmermans"?

Actually. no. it wasn't a murder. That was determined definitively at his trial. And now he can make some money on the weapon he used to defend himself. Everyone wins, everyone is happy.

Can you explain what you mean by "more George Zimmermans"?

More people going out playing cop and putting themselves in harm's way?

More people going out playing cop and putting themselves in harm's way?

I would agree with that description of Zimmerman.

I can't believe with everything we know about the case there are still people that think like you do.

I can't believe with everything we know about the case there are still people that think like you do.

The anti gun, anti self defense crowd want to think that Travon Thuggin was murdered. IN reality a wannabe cop who should have stood down when told to didn't and a wannabe thug acted like a thug and as a result got shot. both actors in that unfortunate confrontation acted like assholes but the one who got shot put himself in a situation where his shooting was excusable if not justifiable

The anti gun, anti self defense crowd want to think that Travon Thuggin was murdered. IN reality a wannabe cop who should have stood down when told to didn't and a wannabe thug acted like a thug and as a result got shot. both actors in that unfortunate confrontation acted like assholes but the one who got shot put himself in a situation where his shooting was excusable if not justifiable

I understand that but with that line of thinking, saying that Zimmerman should not have followed him, is the same as saying a police officer should not charge a suspect with resisting arrest because he should have let him go.

Zimmerman had no way of knowing Martin was going to ambush him and try to kill him.

What would have happened if Zimmerman had fallen back and Martin had robbed a house in that area? We know properties had been burglarized lately,, so he was justified to see where this guy went.

The ambush was not justified.

I understand that but with that line of thinking, saying that Zimmerman should not have followed him, is the same as saying a police officer should not charge a suspect with resisting arrest because he should have let him go.

Zimmerman had no way of knowing Martin was going to ambush him and try to kill him.

What would have happened if Zimmerman had fallen back and Martin had robbed a house in that area? We know properties had been burglarized lately,, so he was justified to see where this guy went.

I won't argue the point-I don't want to rehash a subject that was over analyzed many times over. I don't see the firearm in question as having all that much value and its a Kel Tec which isn't exactly top of the line quality. For that sort of money you can buy yourself a Bill Wilson or Ed Brown full house custom rig with a few thousand rounds of ammo left to practice for months

But, Trayvon wasn't even planning to rob a house in that area, he was going back to his house with some Arizona Tea and Skittles for his brother while they were watching a NBA game...

But, Trayvon wasn't even planning to rob a house in that area, he was going back to his house with some Arizona Tea and Skittles for his brother while they were watching a NBA game...

And wouldn't it have been great if Zimmerman could have read his mind.

Please tell me why Martin ambushed and attacked Zimmerman if he was doing nothing wrong.

And wouldn't it have been great if Zimmerman could have read his mind.

Please tell me why Martin ambushed and attacked Zimmerman if he was doing nothing wrong.
Martin didn't ambush Zimmerman nor did he plan too. He was walking home from the store.

Last edited:
Martin didn't ambush Zimmerman. Zimmerman was the idiot vigilante trying to accost him for no reason.

its funny how the left wants to defend Thugon and the right zimmerdick but lets get back to the value of the gun. Does this firearm have any real collector's value? as I noted, some notorious killer's weapons would fetch a high price. I don't think Zimmerdick rises to that level and the victim of the shooting was just another mope

Martin didn't ambush Zimmerman nor did he plan too. He was walking home from the store.

Martin, as you know, jumped out of the darkness and jumped on top of Zimmerman.

That is an ambush.

If Martin had gone home, like you suggest, this would never have happened.

its funny how the left wants to defend Thugon and the right zimmerdick but lets get back to the value of the gun. Does this firearm have any real collector's value? as I noted, some notorious killer's weapons would fetch a high price. I don't think Zimmerdick rises to that level and the victim of the shooting was just another mope

No, it doesn't much of a collector's value.
I don't think many people would go up and pay top dollar for George Zimmerman's gun. I don't think he's even that notorious, really. Most people just forgot who the heck he was after about a year or two.

I don't think many people would go up and pay top dollar for George Zimmerman's gun. I don't think he's even that notorious, really. Most people just forgot who the heck he was after about a year or two.

I think Zimmerman thinks more of himself than any of us do, but people pay crazy money for crazy ****.

I agree. He isn't anywhere near being a lee Harvey Oswald or a James Earl Ray. I think if Zimmerdick had been convicted of murder it might have increased the value of the weapon but the problem is Travon was not really all that important. This was not the killing of someone who actually mattered.

Back
Top Bottom