• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin[W:106:124]

Re: GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin

Silly, you are judeged to be Not Guilty, not Innocent. Have you heard of any of those I listed as being found not guilty, do you believe any one of the six are "Innocent"? Go do some reading on the topic and get back with us..................

Oh, and if you think you do not have to prove you are innocent if charged and put on trial you have never been there or attended a trial, only a fool would just sit back and not do all that you could to prove your innocence

Again, you don't have to prove innocence. Just guilt. Everyone is automatically assumed to be innocent.

Last edited:

I can't get on the new listing site either. Are there any bids on it yet?

... Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning....

....We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving....

News And Announcements from GunBroker.com

:coffeepap

Because the prosecutor couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt it was murder. Zimmerman might have been defending himself, however if he would have just Martin alone and let the cops handle it like he should have, then this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

it's fine that you would prefer to let the cops handle it, but that isn't a law, and you should know that.

the cops don't have any more power to follow people then you or I do.

Now back to topic, not whether Zimmis Not Guilty or Innocent, do you think it is the right thing to do for him to sell the gun publically for big bucks? No need for some of you to answer we already know the answer, you are more than cool with it.

The Press didn't snivel when that little muslim bastage expected to be paid millions in restitution after he intentionally made his homemade clock in a suit-case look exactly like a bomb. That should have been a failure drill, but the school district acted prudently.

Besides, the gun was a Keltec, a real POS.

ok preacher. whatever you say. You go on believing he shot Martin because he was racist, and that the jury let Zimmerman off because ALL OF THEM were racists as well. You are making mental leaps that SUPERMAN couldn't pull off to come to your "conclusions." either way I wouldn't call what you have a "set of principles" as much as a childish way of looking at real life.

Sometimes there is no "good guy" in a situation like this. is that so hard to comprehend?!
I comprehend just fine and I know this might come as a shock, since you obviously believe I said them, but not one of the BS you claimed did I ever say. Wanna retry the trial, go for it. The topic is do you think his selling the gun he used is in good taste, care to address that or just continue with your tirade.

Probably the same kind of person who wears Charles Manson shirts.

well lots of college kids wear Che t-shirts and he was responsible for far more deaths of innocents than that nut case manson. The good news is that Che got what he deserved,

but lots of notorious items are popular. I don't know what happened to the rifle LHO used to shoot President Kennedy, nor the revolver Jack Ruby used to kill LHO or the Derringer JWB killed President Lincoln with but if they were available, you could probably buy a new Mercedes for less than what one of those weapons would fetch

What an incredibly stupid comment. Be gone.

Take the Moderators suggestion and get back on topic, or not.

The Press didn't snivel when that little muslim bastage expected to be paid millions in restitution after he intentionally made his homemade clock in a suit-case look exactly like a bomb. That should have been a failure drill, but the school district acted prudently.

Besides, the gun was a Keltec, a real POS.

I totally disagreed with how that case was handled.

It is a step above a Saturday Night Special, but not by much.

I totally disagreed with how that case was handled.

It is a step above a Saturday Night Special, but not by much.

'That Case', you mean the little MB case? Initially (as within the first few hours)I think it was handled correctly, but soon became whiny liberal PC and totally out of hand.

Nazi memorabilia has historical value.

true, and early war Nazi firearms were very well made. the stuff made after 43 or so are generally crappy. This firearm in question-not so much but if you are some sort of true crime buff it might have some value beyond buying the same type of firearm for a normal price

'That Case', you mean the little MB case? Initially (as within the first few hours)I think it was handled correctly, but soon became whiny liberal PC and totally out of hand.

As I said, I disagreed with how that went down, started out ok but they caved in the end and he moved away laughing his arse off.

As I said, I disagreed with how that went down, started out ok but they caved in the end and he moved away laughing his arse off.

Yup he got RICH in a settlement from this f-ed up PC country of whiners.

Now if the gun came with the matching holed hoodie and the blood splattered Skittles, that would be historic.:^)

well lots of college kids wear Che t-shirts and he was responsible for far more deaths of innocents than that nut case manson. The good news is that Che got what he deserved,

but lots of notorious items are popular. I don't know what happened to the rifle LHO used to shoot President Kennedy, nor the revolver Jack Ruby used to kill LHO or the Derringer JWB killed President Lincoln with but if they were available, you could probably buy a new Mercedes for less than what one of those weapons would fetch

Yup. I remember when the lead singer of some band bought the house on Cielo Drive where poor Sharon Tate and her friends were butchered. It struck me that he was buying it for the notoriety. I have a friend who bought a house where a young man shot both of his parents. It was cleaned, scrubbed, new floors, etc. As soon as I walked in, I was like "death house!". My friend said it didn't bother her at all, but they also didn't buy it because of what happened.

There are women who married the Menendez brothers while they were in prison, so I guess nothing humans do surprises me anymore.

Yup. I remember when the lead singer of some band bought the house on Cielo Drive where poor Sharon Tate and her friends were butchered. It struck me that he was buying it for the notoriety. I have a friend who bought a house where a young man shot both of his parents. It was cleaned, scrubbed, new floors, etc. As soon as I walked in, I was like "death house!". My friend said it didn't bother her at all, but they also didn't buy it because of what happened.

There are women who married the Menendez brothers while they were in prison, so I guess nothing humans do surprises me anymore.

In 1976 or 1977 my parents bought the estate in St Joseph, Missouri where Judith Hertz shot her husband, cattle baron, Fred Hertz. They had a dispute where he believed that her son had damaged the gate to the estate, so he fired a couple shots in anger, the threw down the gun. She picked up a gun of her own, chased him down the driveway putting two shots into his prized Mercedes convertible then walked up and put one in his head. She did not get convicted. The shooting happened July 28, 1975. When we moved in there was still spray painted marking where his car was, where she stood, and lines showing direction of the bullets. There was also a spot on the front of the house where a bullet had been dug out of the adobe. And a hole in the wall next to the elevator where he had fired a shot in the house. It was a pretty interesting story, all my friends thought it was fantastic.

Of course, in this case the shooting, and the fact that she was charged with murder, actually lowered the price of the house.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AAIBAJ&sjid=QOUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=7223,915421&hl=en

I'm kinda surprised they didn't see this coming. Any site that allows free registration would be prone. If I recall, gunbroker charges some nominal amount, like a dollar, to register. That would have cut the trolls considerably, as well as make them legally responsible for their bids since anonimity wouldn't be as feasible.

From what I see all over the news today Zimmerman has problems with this auction.

In 1976 or 1977 my parents bought the estate in St Joseph, Missouri where Judith Hertz shot her husband, cattle baron, Fred Hertz. They had a dispute where he believed that her son had damaged the gate to the estate, so he fired a couple shots in anger, the threw down the gun. She picked up a gun of her own, chased him down the driveway putting two shots into his prized Mercedes convertible then walked up and put one in his head. She did not get convicted. The shooting happened July 28, 1975. When we moved in there was still spray painted marking where his car was, where she stood, and lines showing direction of the bullets. There was also a spot on the front of the house where a bullet had been dug out of the adobe. And a hole in the wall next to the elevator where he had fired a shot in the house. It was a pretty interesting story, all my friends thought it was fantastic.

Of course, in this case the shooting, and the fact that she was charged with murder, actually lowered the price of the house.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AAIBAJ&sjid=QOUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=7223,915421&hl=en

Very interesting. And I would think that kind of house, especially with the bullet holes and even the spray paint, would make it pretty neat for kids.

What was the outcome of her trial?

Very interesting. And I would think that kind of house, especially with the bullet holes and even the spray paint, would make it pretty neat for kids.

What was the outcome of her trial?

Judith Hertz was charged with first degree murder and pending trial. The St Joseph Police screwed the case up royally. A detective was suspended as well as the police chief. They failed to give all the information to the prosecutor and also didn't disclose some things to the defense. She walked. Even though Fred was unarmed when he was shot and the kill shot was in the back of his head, the prosecutor dropped the case and called it self defense.

Judith Hertz was charged with first degree murder and pending trial. The St Joseph Police screwed the case up royally. A detective was suspended as well as the police chief. They failed to give all the information to the prosecutor and also didn't disclose some things to the defense. She walked. Even though Fred was unarmed when he was shot and the kill shot was in the back of his head, the prosecutor dropped the case and called it self defense.

Damn. I can't imagine his family was happy.

Damn. I can't imagine his family was happy.

You know, I really don't think anyone from his family who was still living was local. The only one that I ever saw the wife and stepson.

hmmm, looks to be in decent condition, i'd give him $150.

Back
Top Bottom