• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Guns don't kill people, Vice Presidents who play with guns do, or almost...

26 X World Champs said:
Tell you what Redd...go back in time and take a look at photos of people who lynched Blacks, or who segregated this country, or who practiced racism, anti-semitism or hate based politics races of Americans and please point out the Liberals in those pictures..and then point out the Conservatives.

That's the difference...Liberals never discriminated against people of color or by religion, that's always the domain of Conservatives...Want another example?
Whaaaa????....Where did you get this from?...That's just outlandish...There are so many examples of this being wrongs...One being the Civil Rights Act itself, but I'll throw out a couple more...

The Little Rock Nine is the common term applied to the nine African-American students who were prevented from attending Little Rock Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas during 1957.

The integration crisis was a major event during the American civil rights movement. Earlier in 1957, the Little Rock school board had voted to integrate their school system. The decision was not expected to meet much resistance since Arkansas was considered a fairly progressive southern state. A crisis erupted, however, when Governor of Arkansas Orval Faubus called up the Arkansas National Guard on September 4 to prevent the Little Rock Nine from attending Central High. The students tried again without success to attend on September 23, 1957. The next day, September 24, President Dwight D. Eisenhower deployed elements of the 101st Airborne Division to Little Rock to protect the students. The students were admitted, but endured a year of physical and verbal abuse. The next year, 1958, Little Rock closed its public schools to avoid integration.

Now who the hell is this Orval Faubus?...

Orval Eugene Faubus (7 January 1910–14 December 1994) was a six-term Democratic Governor of Arkansas, infamous for his 1957 stand against integration of Little Rock, Arkansas schools in defiance of U.S. Supreme Court rulings.

In this interest of not boring myself with researching more of this horribly wrong accusation, I'll just point out that Senator Byrd was never in the KKK, Jesse Jackson never called New York City "Hymietown", and Al Sharpton never heard of Tawana Brawley...:roll:

cnredd said:
Whaaaa????....Where did you get this from?...That's just outlandish...There are so many examples of this being wrongs...One being the Civil Rights Act itself, but I'll throw out a couple more...

Now who the hell is this Orval Faubus?...

In this interest of not boring myself with researching more of this horribly wrong accusation, I'll just point out that Senator Byrd was never in the KKK, Jesse Jackson never called New York City "Hymietown", and Al Sharpton never heard of Tawana Brawley...:roll:
I didn't write Democrats, now did I? I wrote LIBERALS...capiche? LIBERALS. No doubt there were racist Democrats, but show me some racist LIBERALS.

If you would reread my last post on this subject you would see that I used LIBERALS and CONSERVATIVES, not Dems or Reps. Surely you see the difference? Reread those definitions, please?

I also note that you do not dispute the sorry history of hate that encompasses the Conservative movement in America? For every single exception to the Liberal rule you can find I can find thousands of Conservative racists, obstructionists and hate mongerers. It's a slam dunk, to use a CIA term....

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
I didn't write Democrats, now did I? I wrote LIBERALS...capiche? LIBERALS. No doubt there were racist Democrats, but show me some racist LIBERALS.

Jesse Jackson
Al Sharpton
Dingbat Dingle

Goobieman said:
Jesse Jackson
Al Sharpton
Dingbat Dingle
Shall I list the tens of thousands of racist Conservatives? Are you trying to say that Liberals as a whole have a racist history? I am saying that Conservatives most definitely have a severe racist past history.

Of course aren't you the same clear minded individual who wrote that liberals were the only ones joking about Cheney? Wasn't that you?
Goobieman said:
Liberal compassion:
1) Man is shot
2) Liberals laugh
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=229957&postcount=105

So when proven to be totally wrong and inaccurate you move on to something else you can be wrong about?

26 X World Champs said:
Shall I list the tens of thousands of racist Conservatives? Are you trying to say that Liberals as a whole have a racist history? I am saying that Conservatives most definitely have a severe racist past history.
You asked for liberal racists.
I delivered.
:mrgreen:

Of course aren't you the same clear minded individual who wrote that liberals were the only ones joking about Cheney? Wasn't that you?
I said (paraphrased)

1) A man was shot
2) Liberals laughed
This illustrates the TRUE compassion of the left

How is this relevant to racists liberals?

So when proven to be totally wrong and inaccurate you move on to something else you can be wrong about?
How am I wrong about:
-Liberals laughing at a man being shot?
-The liberals I listed being racists?

26 X World Champs said:
Hey Kid...you know I'm a major liberal out here but your posts here are over the top. You're not helping our cause by making ludicrous accusations that are untrue and baseless.

He had one beer and shot the guy 5 hours later, that is fact. I think sticking to the facts is more than enough to make Cheney out to be the asshole that he is.

We don't know for sure that Cheney had just one beer, that is what they say, in fact I don't believe that for one minute. I think Armstrong originally stated that no alcohol was involved and later we come to find that not true.

You go ahead and believe their story... as for me, I'll not rest until Cheney cleans up his act.

KidRocks said:
We don't know for sure that Cheney had just one beer, that is what they say, in fact I don't believe that for one minute. I think Armstrong originally stated that no alcohol was involved and later we come to find that not true.

You go ahead and believe their story... as for me, I'll not rest until Cheney cleans up his act.
You know when my kids were born our pediatrician gave us some great advice..."Pick Your Spots" he said...and he was right. Maybe you should consider that advice too?

Cheney is only guilty of mishandling his behavior after he shot the guy. I think it is safe for me to say that I am one of the biggest Cheney haters in this community but I still do not believe in making up untruths or in deluding myself into believing something that never happened.

He shot the guy because he made an honest mistake, period. Remeber my doctor's advice the next time you want to bash him for being such a tool.

26 X World Champs said:
You know when my kids were born our pediatrician gave us some great advice..."Pick Your Spots" he said...and he was right. Maybe you should consider that advice too?

Cheney is only guilty of mishandling his behavior after he shot the guy. I think it is safe for me to say that I am one of the biggest Cheney haters in this community but I still do not believe in making up untruths or in deluding myself into believing something that never happened.

He shot the guy because he made an honest mistake, period. Remeber my doctor's advice the next time you want to bash him for being such a tool.

Honest mistake maybe but the mixture of alcohol and certain medications can lead to negligence and Cheney has had a past history of problem drinking.

Too many things that do not add up such as the shooting someone at 30 yards, 14 hour gap, timeline differences, keeping the sheriff and local authorities from immediate access to Cheney and Whittington and so on and so on.

Now, let me be the first to pose this query because I feel that it will present itself in a few days, maybe in a few hours...

Will Vice-President Cheney eventually be forced to resign in the near future?

I ask because I can see it now, Cheney next will be dogged by the media at every turn, everywhere he appears, in fact I predict that he will become such a distraction to the Bush administration that they will not be able to function or stay on course.

Please be brief, concise and honest with your answers

KidRocks said:
Now, let me be the first to pose this query because I feel that it will present itself in a few days, maybe in a few hours...

Will Vice-President Cheney eventually be forced to resign in the near future?

I ask because I can see it now, Cheney next will be dogged by the media at every turn, everywhere he appears, in fact I predict that he will become such a distraction to the Bush administration that they will not be able to function or stay on course.

Please be brief, concise and honest with your answers

For what?!? A hunting accident? Unless the guy dies, this will be a memory in a week. As it should be.

Kelzie said:
For what?!? A hunting accident? Unless the guy dies, this will be a memory in a week. As it should be.

Just a mere "hunting accident"? I think not, that 14 hour gap will haunt the Bush administration almost as much as the Nixon tapes-gap haunted them.

And also, think about it, Whittington has to live with the fear and the fact that that pellot can move around his heart at will. I'm sure Rove is well aware of the danger lurking behind a blocked heartbeat.

But you're right, it may not amount to much more but I sincerly doubt it.

Remember, Rove is an expert opportunist.

KidRocks said:
Just a mere "hunting accident"? I think not, that 14 hour gap will haunt the Bush administration almost as much as the Nixon tapes-gap haunted them.

And also, think about it, Whittington has to live with the fear and the fact that that pellot can move around his heart at will. I'm sure Rove is well aware of the danger lurking behind a blocked heartbeat.

But your right, it may not amount to much more but I sincerly doubt it.

Except that a 14 hour gap isn't illegal.

Conflict said:
I attempt to explain to the far left that this was mereley a hunting accident (perhaps wishful thinking), yet you attack me.

I'm not into your status quo, I admit. but I see no reason to make an issue out of a simple hunting accident.

Don't expect to be treated seriously when you are use language like "go find a clinic to bomb."

that 14 hour gap will haunt the Bush administration almost as much as the Nixon tapes-gap haunted them.

A 14 hour gap before telling the White House Press Corps is going to haunt the Bush administration???

Give me a break!!

Vandeervecken said:
No, you do not understand how hunting licenses work obviously. He had a small game license.

You've just got to laugh at these people trying to bootstrap this issue into Watergate.

Goobieman said:
1) A man was shot
2) Liberals laughed
This illustrates the TRUE compassion of the left
Jeb Bush was the first politican to publicly joke about the incident.. is he a liberal?

scottyz said:
Jeb Bush was the first politican to publicly joke about the incident.. is he a liberal?

Jeb Bush is one of those Evil Hatemongering Conservatives. He hasnt claimed the moral high ground on compassion like the liberal left has.

Goobieman said:
Jeb Bush is one of those Evil Hatemongering Conservatives. He hasnt claimed the moral high ground on compassion like the liberal left has.
Uh... didn't Bush and the Republicans campaign on the claim that they would bring morals and dignity back to the Whitehouse? How is that not claming moral high ground?

And you all thought it was about over, that the brohaha had just about been put to sleep via Dick Cheney's Academy Award performance yesterday.

Wrong!

The man Cheney shot is about to make a statement, perhaps not as dramatic as Cheney's but none the less he will probably shoot (excuse the pun) for the best supporting part in this dramedy picture.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11407623

WASHINGTON - Harry Whittington, the lawyer accidentally shot by Vice President Dick Cheney will make a public statement this afternoon, according to officials at the hospital where he is being treated.

Whittington is not expected to take questions when he makes his statement at 1 p.m. ET from Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Hospital officials are also expected to announce that Whittington will be released from the hospital.

On Thursday, President Bush said he was satisfied with Cheney's explanation about the shooting accident.

“I thought the vice president handled the issue just fine,” the president said. “Yesterday when he was here in the Oval Office I saw the deep concern he had about a person who he wounded. I thought yesterday’s explanation was a very strong and important explanation to make to the American people.”

The remarks were Bush’s first since the incident.

Meanwhile, a Texas county sheriff’s office said no charges would be filed against Cheney in the incident, and closed the investigation.

Bush said it was “a deeply traumatic moment for him and obviously it was a tragic moment for Harry Whittington.”

Bush said Democrats were drawing “the wrong conclusion about a tragic accident” when they say it depicts the White House as overly secretive.

Earlier Thursday, Bush spokesman Scott McClellan had said Bush was satisfied with Cheney’s account of his hunting accident, but he declined to say whether the president felt it should have been revealed earlier.

The accident happened on Saturday but was not publicly revealed until the next day.

Cheney himself spoke publicly about the accident for the first time Wednesday in an exclusive interview with Fox News Channel. He said he did not see Whittington until just after he fired on a covey of quail and peppered him with bird shot in the face, neck and chest.

Cheney described it as “one of the worst days of my life” and rejected the notion that Whittington bears any responsibility. “I’m the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend,” Cheney said.

“The president’s satisfied with what the vice president said yesterday,” McClellan said Thursday.

Bush added later Thursday, “Now our concerns are directed towards the recovery of our friend. I knew Harry Whittington when I was the governor of Texas and in Austin. A fine man. He's been involved in our state's politics for a long period of time.”

Cheney also defended his decision to keep it from the public until a day after it happened.

The vice president acknowledged that McClellan and Bush communications adviser Dan Bartlett urged him to release information about the accident quickly. But he said he made the ultimate decision to have the owner of the Texas ranch to reveal it to a local newspaper without any official announcement from the White House.

That decision created a major public relations problem for the White House, with some Republicans even suggesting that it made the situation worse by suggesting the possibility of some sort of cover-up...

Meanwhile, a Texas county sheriff’s office said no charges would be filed against Cheney in the incident, and closed the investigation.

There you go,haters. No charges. No neglegence. No alcohol. No mischief of any kind. The case is closed. But never fear. You still have two years to find a scandal that will bring down the man you hate so much. But it was a lot of fun watching you salivate. Keep us posted. Best of luck.

KCConservative said:
Meanwhile, a Texas county sheriff’s office said no charges would be filed against Cheney in the incident, and closed the investigation....
Not really evidence of anything other than the good-old-boys network being alive and well in TX.

The issue is not illegality, but rather the Administration attempting as usual to hide information (And that conservatives are willing to defend unsafe hunting practices as long as they are perpetrated by conservatives).

steen said:
Not really evidence of anything other than the good-old-boys network being alive and well in TX. The issue is not illegality, but rather the Administration attempting as usual to hide information (And that conservatives are willing to defend unsafe hunting practices as long as they are perpetrated by conservatives).
Oh no, a good old boys network (whatever that is). I can't find that crime in any statute or law book. So the hell what? The only reason you bring that up is because it ticks you off so much and your jealousy is raging. Big deal. It means nothing.

And what does all this mean? It means that, IN YOUR PARTISAN OPINION, the administration attempts to "hide stuff". Where's the crime? Where's the scandal? Where's the outrage? Where's your sense?

I have a better question. Instead of sinking your liberal teeth into these kind of feeble scandals, why not help your party get a platform, a vision, an ideology, a candidate? But it won't happen. I fully predict a new scandal by the end of next week. Because that is the platform...."Get Bush."

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
And what does all this mean? It means that, IN YOUR PARTISAN OPINION, the administration attempts to "hide stuff". Where's the crime? Where's the scandal? Where's the outrage? Where's your sense?
Let's try to give you a simple answer so you can understand, OK? This specific incident, the actual incident is minor and unfortunate. It was an accident.

What is not minor or unfortunate is that the reaction by Cheney, the White House and partisans such as yourself is that it continues the pattern of deception, misinformation, lack of respect for the American public and a total disregard for an open an honest government. It is one more nail in the coffin, one more obvious event that proves how little transparency the Bush Administration has and how they always try to manipulate the truth to suit their agenda AND their inability to be humble and admit they're wrong.

They only apologize when public opinion is so against them that it becomes their only alternative. In other words their apologies are disingenuous and contrived, their made in the name of PR not sincerity and that is the reason this little incident became a firestorm.

But I do not expect you to agree or even understand the concept of sincerity, it's not a common character trait for many radical republicans because there's no money to be made in being sincere. In places like Kansas the state flag should be this:

2109dsa37.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
Let's try to give you a simple answer so you can understand, OK? This specific incident, the actual incident is minor and unfortunate. It was an accident.

What is not minor or unfortunate is that the reaction by Cheney, the White House and partisans such as yourself is that it continues the pattern of deception, misinformation, lack of respect for the American public and a total disregard for an open an honest government. It is one more nail in the coffin, one more obvious event that proves how little transparency the Bush Administration has and how they always try to manipulate the truth to suit their agenda AND their inability to be humble and admit they're wrong.

They only apologize when public opinion is so against them that it becomes their only alternative. In other words their apologies are disingenuous and contrived, their made in the name of PR not sincerity and that is the reason this little incident became a firestorm.

But I do not expect you to agree or even understand the concept of sincerity, it's not a common character trait for many radical republicans because there's no money to be made in being sincere. In places like Kansas the state flag should be this:

2109dsa37.jpg

Note to champs: KC isn't in Kansas. It's in Missouri. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom