• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Graham: "You can use my words against me"

So if the "Dams" take power you wont have an issue when they change the rules once again, cool.
They're already trying. They did it once before and it came back to bite them on the ass.

Reid nuclear option.jpg

That's the "beauty" of a true RINO like our Miss Lindsey - flopping around, depending on which way the wind blows.

Today, the wind is blowing in Trump's favour. :)
Thanks for admitting that you're in league with the worst sort of human trash.

M

Maybe the rule that changed was Graham is not going to attempt to placate or appease Dems anymore

Good for him :)

Trump 2020
When the **** did Graham ever "placate" the Dems. But thanks for confirming that you really do run with the worst of human garbage.

I wouldn't go that far in your case though it doesn't help the Republic much.
What doesn't help the Republic much is that Republicans and Democrats have pushed for huge government and total control, pushed the Corporate State and the new Aristocracy.

People may not like "bothsideism", but if that's the case they should rally against both sides doing the same damn thing.

What doesn't help the Republic much is that Republicans and Democrats have pushed for huge government and total control, pushed the Corporate State and the new Aristocracy.

People may not like "bothsideism", but if that's the case they should rally against both sides doing the same damn thing.
Your political position makes you a spectator (read: kibbitzer) rather than a participant in this Republic. That old saw: "making perfect the enemy of good" comes to mind. None of us will ever have the perfect political world we wish for. A fully developed human knows how to make decisions with that in mind.

Your political position makes you a spectator (read: kibbitzer) rather than a participant in this Republic.

The Republocrats exclusion of proper political competition makes us all spectators rather than participants.

Senator Grahamelion has shown time and time again he'll change his position depending on who is in power. Seems appropriate because he sure has assumed a position for Trump. But rumor has it he likes that kind of thing.
He can’t go against his golfing buddy, especially when it‘s on the tax payers dime.

The Republocrats exclusion of proper political competition makes us all spectators rather than participants.
Independents run for office at all levels in every election and altogether fail to get more than a couple of percent of the vote. If we had a parliamentary form of government they'd probably win some seats but we don't. It took less than a decade from the country's founding for politicians to basically settle into the two party system we have today. I know it makes you feel special to stand outside and pretend you're above it all but you're not.

Independents run for office at all levels in every election and altogether fail to get more than a couple of percent of the vote. If we had a parliamentary form of government they'd probably win some seats but we don't. It took less than a decade from the country's founding for politicians to basically settle into the two party system we have today. I know it makes you feel special to stand outside and pretend you're above it all but you're not.
Yup, the Republocrats have rigged the system to shut out proper political competition, as I said. And because of that, the Republocrats can do whatever they want, and they do. So you just pick a side and go with it, and your only argument is that the other side is so much worse. But they're both doing the same thing. So in the end, you're not arguing the end destination, you're merely arguing the amount of time it's going to take to get there.

And as such, you end up being just as much a spectator as I am.

Yup, the Republocrats have rigged the system to shut out proper political competition, as I said.
How? Be very specific.

And as such, you end up being just as much a spectator as I am.
Unlike you, I don't throw away my vote on someone who has no chance at all.

How? Be very specific.

Unlike you, I don't throw away my vote on someone who has no chance at all.
They've set all the campaign finance rules, they make it difficult to get on ballots, they refuse to allow third parties into debates. They're the once with the huge warchests of funding and set the rules to prevent others from aggregating any amount of coverage and publicity and inclusion that could possibly allow them to be contenders.

Without proper competition, the parties stagnate. And that's what has happened, the Republocrats have stagnated and now they just push Big Government Fascism. It's how their party players make the most money and how the Friends of Government make the most money even if it doesn't behoove the People or the Republic.

You may not "throw away your vote" on a third party candidate, but you throw it away on the status quo and live in some surreal world where you think that supporting the status quo is somehow going to change or reign in the status quo.

They've set all the campaign finance rules, they make it difficult to get on ballots, they refuse to allow third parties into debates. They're the once with the huge warchests of funding and set the rules to prevent others from aggregating any amount of coverage and publicity and inclusion that could possibly allow them to be contenders.

Without proper competition, the parties stagnate. And that's what has happened, the Republocrats have stagnated and now they just push Big Government Fascism. It's how their party players make the most money and how the Friends of Government make the most money even if it doesn't behoove the People or the Republic.

You may not "throw away your vote" on a third party candidate, but you throw it away on the status quo and live in some surreal world where you think that supporting the status quo is somehow going to change or reign in the status quo.

While your point seems like a rational approach theoretically, it is really just an excuse to throw your vote away in the current system. Like it or not, we are a two party system and they are completely different approaches to governance. I have debated libertarians for a long time. Most of them are disaffected conservatives who usually vote for the GOP when push comes to shove. A libertarian is a dreamer, even they cannot give us any examples of their worldview in practice anywhere but in the higher echelons of intellectual obscurity. I am a partisan all the way because I understand power. Mitch M. understands power and he is using it. Do you really think Mitch gives a damn about Rand Pauls musings and his idiotic fathers rantings? Nope. It is better for you to pick the issues you care most about, find the party that defends them and call yourself something honest, a Democrat or a Republican.

While your point seems like a rational approach theoretically, it is really just an excuse to throw your vote away in the current system. Like it or not, we are a two party system and they are completely different approaches to governance. I have debated libertarians for a long time. Most of them are disaffected conservatives who usually vote for the GOP when push comes to shove. A libertarian is a dreamer, even they cannot give us any examples of their worldview in practice anywhere but in the higher echelons of intellectual obscurity. I am a partisan all the way because I understand power. Mitch M. understands power and he is using it. Do you really think Mitch gives a damn about Rand Pauls musings and his idiotic fathers rantings? Nope. It is better for you to pick the issues you care most about, find the party that defends them and call yourself something honest, a Democrat or a Republican.
So I throw my vote away on a status quo I cannot stand or I throw my vote away on a third party candidate who at least better reflects my personal platform and philosophy and who I think is better for the job than the other two.

Given the choice, the answer is easy.

Yeah, Graham said that before the embarrassing behavior of the Dems during the Kavanaugh confirmation. They should also check who made judicial appointments simple majority rather than filibuster-proof 60 votes.

What a pathetic excuse for his hypocrisy. I'm okay with you all constantly bumping Kavanaugh over all this though. Kavanaugh was nominated on October 6, 2018. One month to the day prior to the election. How'd that work out for y'all?

In 2016, Lindsey Graham stated regarding voting on a Supreme Court Nominee in the last year of a presidency:

and now, less than 2 months before the election, Lindsey Graham

It is evident there is no honor left in Graham as he is going totally against what he said in 2016 and where he stated "you can use my words against me if I don't do what I stated"

This is exactly the guidelines that Trump has set up in his term:"words mean nothing and you can't trust them, even I or any of my supporters say them".

Is this the kind of guidelines you want to live by?

In 2016, Lindsey Graham stated regarding voting on a Supreme Court Nominee in the last year of a presidency:

and now, less than 2 months before the election, Lindsey Graham

It is evident there is no honor left in Graham as he is going totally against what he said in 2016 and where he stated "you can use my words against me if I don't do what I stated"

This is exactly the guidelines that Trump has set up in his term:"words mean nothing and you can't trust them, even I or any of my supporters say them".

Is this the kind of guidelines you want to live by?

So, Lindsey Graham is a chickenshit.

Right wing hypocrites, does it ever change?

They have no shame, no values, no ethics....
Oh hey look, another liberal phony is going to lecture the GOP for doing what any sentient being knows the Dems would do if the roles were reversed!

Oh hey look, another liberal phony is going to lecture the GOP for doing what any sentient being knows the Dems would do if the roles were reversed!

Did you just call beefheart a "liberal phony"?

That's just the excuse you use for indie candidates never getting enough popular support to begin with. If independent candidates resonated with the public the money would come. Those candidates could get federal funding if they just cleared 5% of a total vote in a previous election. In 2016 the 3 main "3rd" party candidates combined got just barely over 2%. The only presidential candidate who got to a presidential debate stage was Ross Perot in 1992 who self-financed. Michael Bloomberg has tried several times without getting anywhere. Face it...lack of money isn't what's keep these parties and candidates back. It's the American voters who have aligned themselves to parties based on their interests. And to say there's no difference in them, try telling that to women who'll lost their right to manage their own reproductive decisions and all the people who will lose health insurance from the PPACA if Trump gets another SCOTUS pick.

For a very long time now the Democrats keep bringing pillows to the fight instead of the uzi's that the GOP come equipped with. And this time will be no different. That is our nature. We are like Charlie Brown who for the last sixty years keep expecting Lucy is this time gong to hold that football firmly instead of pulling it back at the last second while poor Charlie Brown hits the deck.

Will this sorry episode where the Republicans lie, cheat, steal and use a Grand Canyon filled with self serving hypocrisy to keep a hold on power be any different?

Ask Charlie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom