• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government shutdown stops FDA food safety inspections

You don't remember that because you weren't alive before the FDA was formed.

The FDA was originally formed to regulate drugs, not food. My point is that the FDA has not done much better keeping people from dying from food poison than the free market did before the FDA was formed. Maybe I am wrong. However, there is this:

The United States itself has a long history of deadly foodborne disease outbreaks. ...

Five outbreaks that have occurred in the last two decades have made the top-ten list of the deadliest in recorded U.S. history, evidencing the continuing severity of the problem despite scientific and technological advancement.

History of Food Poisoning in the United States | Food Poisoning Lawyers

We should not be so blind as to keep increasing the size of the government when we have long since passed the point of affordability.

How do you, personally, even measure the "size" of government. Feet?

The FDA was originally formed to regulate drugs, not food. My point is that the FDA has not done much better keeping people from dying from food poison than the free market did before the FDA was formed. Maybe I am wrong. However, there is this:

The United States itself has a long history of deadly foodborne disease outbreaks. ...

Five outbreaks that have occurred in the last two decades have made the top-ten list of the deadliest in recorded U.S. history, evidencing the continuing severity of the problem despite scientific and technological advancement.

History of Food Poisoning in the United States | Food Poisoning Lawyers

The **** do you think the F stands for

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...own-stops-fda-food-safety-inspections-n956716

"There are important things we are not doing," FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb says.

The ongoing federal government shutdown has stopped most food safety inspections, but the Food and Drug Administration is planning to resume at least some of them. To do it, the agency will have to force furloughed workers to come back without pay.

FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said he is trying to pinpoint the most essential inspections, while making sure that employees do not suffer too much.
=========================================
Recent outbreaks of crop-borne illnesses like Salmonella should make that area one of the 'essential inspections.'

Conservative and libertarian wet dream.

How do you, personally, even measure the "size" of government. Feet?

If the government cannot pay its own business costs without borrowing money to pay its bills then it is too big to afford.

The **** do you think the F stands for

I know its early business was making sure drugs on the market were safe. They do what they can to make food safe and yet we have still had deadly outbreaks of food poisoning which proved just as deadly as always, before or after the FDA was formed.

I know its early business was making sure drugs on the market were safe. They do what they can to make food safe and yet we have still had deadly outbreaks of food poisoning which proved just as deadly as always, before or after the FDA was formed.

Crime still exists, so we don't need a police force.

ICE is currently operating in an untenably cruel fashion.

For treating lawbreakers like criminals? Separating adult criminals from their children like US lawmen do to US citizens?

Back
Top Bottom