• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Northam has a new story

Nope, but you can learn not to be racist or homophobic anymore. Leaving your bubble and actually getting to know people from the group you were taught to hate do wonders. There is a reason we are not ideological clones of our parents despite being raised by them.

I disagree. I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree that you can just walk away from ingrained behavior. A little bit of it will always be there. :peace

Yes - they can try, but those feelings they harbored will always be there. Buried, but still there.
I don't know. He said he did, but I'd bet deep down, he still shudders a little when he sees two guys together. You don't just wake up one day and say, "I'm not going to dislike gay people anymore." You have to work at it, and deep down, it's still there. As I said earlier, working on it is good, but it's in your psyche. You don't just get to walk away from it.

Get Obama really, really drunk, and see what happens.
I honestly don't care how they feel personally.

Look, I'm a guy, so sometimes I get grossed out by the male body and man on man sex is not a beautiful scene to me. However, I absolutely support those men as human beings, and will defend their god damned right to be whoever they want in their private lives.

It's about respect. When politicians like Pence and their voters want to prevent gay people from being in the military, from adopting children, getting married, etc, they are showing them the greatest disrespect they can. It tells me they can't separate personally feelings from how they actually treat people, which is something I will not tolerate.

This ass clown would be right at home in today’s GOP..
Sorry but he is you ass clown. I love he was the one with the race baiting commercial of the truck trying to run down kids. Turns out he is the one who is the racist. Karma is a bitch sometimes. :lol:

It's about respect. When politicians like Pence and their voters want to prevent gay people from being in the military, from adopting children, getting married, etc, they are showing them the greatest disrespect they can. It tells me they can't separate personally feelings from how they actually treat people, which is something I will not tolerate.

I agree with that. It's a horrid way to live, treating people that way. Horrid. Kind of like Northam being in blackface. That's a horrid way to treat people of color. He acts that way as a med student, a college graduate, an adult. He's not going to change.

Kick his ass out of the Governor's mansion. He doesn't deserve it.

I agree with that. It's a horrid way to live, treating people that way. Horrid. Kind of like Northam being in blackface. That's a horrid way to treat people of color. He acts that way as a med student, a college graduate, an adult. He's not going to change.

Kick his ass out of the Governor's mansion. He doesn't deserve it.
I'm sorry, Superfly, I disagree that necessarily people don't change.

Laura Ingraham is an example of someone who was anti-gay in college, who is still a gay hater today. Whether Northam has changed, remains to be seen, but we should keep an open mind.

I understand where you're coming from, I've had ****tty people in my life that stay ****ty people. There are, however, people that do want to the right things, and we should always look for them in these situations - even if we find it hard to do so.

Didn't Obama "evolve" on the subject of gay marriage? Wasn't the whole Democrat campaign based on hope and CHANGE?

Everyone evolves through the years or they're stuck in a drug induced time warp...:lol:

The governor of VA. deserves his day in court. Whether he really is a racist is irrelevant to the Democrats... He has never been accused of racism in 34 years so why now? I think this a setup by Democrats; damage control.
I think the Democratic Party is trying to shut him up and remove him from office because of his shocking but pro comments regarding infanticide.

I'm sorry, Superfly, I disagree that necessarily people don't change.

Laura Ingraham is an example of someone who was anti-gay in college, who is still a gay hater today. Whether Northam has changed, remains to be seen, but we should keep an open mind.

I understand where you're coming from, I've had ****tty people in my life that stay ****ty people. There are, however, people that do want to the right things, and we should always look for them in these situations - even if we find it hard to do so.

I know what you mean, and I respect your opinion. Like I said earlier, though. Get 'em drunk - reeeeeally drunk - and the truth comes out. It always does when you've been drinking. :shrug:

Yes - they can try, but those feelings they harbored will always be there. Buried, but still there.

Everything is so black and white in your world.
I thought you were a liberal... Where did your open mind go to?

I know what you mean, and I respect your opinion. Like I said earlier, though. Get 'em drunk - reeeeeally drunk - and the truth comes out. It always does when you've been drinking. :shrug:
Kavanaugh drunk, or Anna Nicole drunk?

MSNBC’s panel of commentators (all five Afro-American) were aghast at Northam’s refusal to resign this afternoon. The man got no credit for his long record of decency. None. Nor did they believe him about the photo being of someone else, not that any evidence was cited to contradict him. Joy Reid, who is both smart and normally level headed, was especially disappointing. She dissed Northam’s denial that he is the black face in the photo, saying if he didn’t black face then he did when he “lampooned Michael Jackson”, exactly the opposite of what Northam said his intent was when he picked Jackson for a school dance costume. It was because he admired the singer, and chose to emulate him, he said, something Reid failed to mention. She apparently felt that because she disbelieves his stated motivation she was entitled to disregard his asserting it. The costume won first prize. A blatantly racist costume might get laughs and snickers at a 70’s high school dance. Not likely the judges would sully their event by awarding it first prize.

Last edited:
What's the difference?
One was apart of an idiotic reality show that took the nation by storm.

The other was a beautiful woman that died far too young.

MSNBC’s panel of commentators (all five Afro-American) were aghast at Northam’s refusal to resign this afternoon. The man got no credit for his long record of decency. None. Nor did they believe him about the photo being of someone else, not that any evidence was cited to contradict him. Joy Reid, who is both smart and normally level headed, was especially disappointing. She dissed Northam’s denial that he is the black face in the photo, saying if he didn’t black face then he did when he “lampooned Michael Jackson”, exactly the opposite of what Northam said his intent was when he picked Jackson for a school dance costume. It was because he admired the singer, and chose to emulate him, he said, something Reid failed to mention. She apparently felt that because she disbelieves his stated motivation she was entitled to disregard his asserting it. The costume won first prize. A blatantly racist costume might get laughs and snickers at a 70’s high school dance. Not likely the judges would sully their event by awarding it first prize.

The Gov needs to stand strong.........and Not resign

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOVE that.
And, hey, while we're at it, what's the difference between your partner and a casket?

You come with one and go with the other.

U5s4jsz.gif

He needs to ****ing go, and go soon.

We can't claim the moral high ground, and then back this mother****er, and then tell the GOP they are wrong for backing racists.

We are doing the exact -- same -- thing.

A racist asshole is a racist asshole, no matter what political party they belong to, and they all need to go.

He needs to ****ing go, and go soon.

We can't claim the moral high ground, and then back this mother****er, and then tell the GOP they are wrong for backing racists.

We are doing the exact -- same -- thing.

A racist asshole is a racist asshole, no matter what political party they belong to, and they all need to go.
My hunch is that he won't resign.

He's taking a page from Trump's playbook, and waiting for this scandal to cycle out of the news. It has a high probability of working.

My hunch is that he won't resign.

He's taking a page from Trump's playbook, and waiting for this scandal to cycle out of the news. It has a high probability of working.

And this Democrat is proving that he is just as bad as Trump.

I am honestly shocked at some of the Democrats who are backing this piece of ****.

He does if he’s telling the truth. It would be a rich irony, but what might save him is his Michael Jackson “blackface” from his high school costume dance. Pics from that dance probably exist and probably will soon surface, and if the pics, the comments coming forth from people who were there, the reason his costume was awarded first prize, all support Northam’s claim his costume was made out of respect for Jackson because he admired and wished to emulate the singer, he’ll survive this.

:lol: Loved me some Rodney.
You can tell this at church.

The pope, a boy scout, and blonde woman are all on a plane together.

The pilot announces an engine failure and tells everybody to bail, while he goes down with the plane.

There are only two parachutes, so one will have to join the pilot in the planes demise.

The blonde woman quickly grabs one of the parachutes, telling the other two "women and children first!".

The pope says to the boyscout "I guess it's between you and me, you take the second parachute my son , I've already lived a wonderful life".

The boy scout says "don't worry pops, we're both going to live" and the pope stares at him puzzled.

The boy scout states "that crazy woman just jumped out of the plane with my backpack".

You can tell this at church.

The pope, a boy scout, and blonde woman are all on a plane together.

The pilot announces an engine failure and tells everybody to bail, while he goes down with the plane.

There are only two parachutes, so one will have to join the pilot in the planes demise.

The blonde woman quickly grabs one of the parachutes, telling the other two "women and children first!".

The pope says to the boyscout "I guess it's between you and me, you take the second parachute my son , I've already lived a wonderful life".

The boy scout says "don't worry pops, we're both going to live" and the pope stares at him puzzled.

The boy scout states "that crazy woman just jumped out of the plane with my backpack".

:lol:

And this Democrat is proving that he is just as bad as Trump.

I am honestly shocked at some of the Democrats who are backing this piece of ****.
Most of them are asking him to resign.

I think the ones that still support him are trying to show Republicans what's like to see a party not hold their own accountable, if it means retaining power.

Back
Top Bottom