• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Northam has a new story

I disagree. I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree that you can just walk away from ingrained behavior. A little bit of it will always be there. :peace

Nothing wrong with us agreeing to disagree on this issue. :)

**** no I'm not a blonde. :lol:

But even if I was, I'd laugh. I can laugh at myself if the situation calls for it.
I'm thinking you're a brunette.

At least you didn't get my ****ing Dave Mustaine, monkey butt red hair, that I had as a teenager.

VERY bad look on a fella. :lamo

He does if he’s telling the truth. It would be a rich irony, but what might save him is his Michael Jackson “blackface” from his high school costume dance. Pics from that dance probably exist and probably will soon surface, and if the pics, the comments coming forth from people who were there, the reason his costume was awarded first prize, all support Northam’s claim his costume was made out of respect for Jackson because he admired and wished to emulate the singer, he’ll survive this.

If he resigns over a stupid photo from 35 years ago it will only embolden the extreme Right...and left to go after the next Gov, or Senator.....This will pass

Gov Northam of Va first apologized about the KKK and blackface photo. Now he has a new story, he claims neither one is him.

How democrat of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. At first lie. Then make excuses. Then offer insincere apologies. Then blame someone else. Then change the story and lie again. Typical democrat cleansing process when exposed.

Gov Northam of Va first apologized about the KKK and blackface photo. Now he has a new story, he claims neither one is him.

seriously-WTF truly cares about this other than its "Gotcha" politics

yeah I am defending a Democrat. Give it a rest

The overwhelming majority of the Democratic response has been to urge him to resign. You'll note the glaring difference between Democratic response to the Northam's black face picture and total Republican silence on Trump. And the reason for that is because Democrats don't want the slightest taint of white supremacy in their ranks while Republicans begrudgingly accept (or outright celebrate) that White Supremacy is a pillar within the Republican party.

Yes, I believe most of us learned during the Kavanaugh hearing that most Democrats intensely oppose the presumption of innocence - as you just explained. Any accusation of violation of any current rules of tolerated behavior at any point in a person's life shall be accepted as true and the person punished harshly - whether or not they actually did what they are accused of.

I disagree. I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree that you can just walk away from ingrained behavior. A little bit of it will always be there. :peace

I think the available evidence doesn't support your claim. True there will always be those that stay true to their original convictions but most people continue to evolve alongside society. I think a very good illustration of this is the movie "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", this was a movie that most people of my generation loved when released. This movie couldn't even be made right now as the majority of people would find it intolerable including the actor himself (Jim Carrey).

The overwhelming majority of the Democratic response has been to urge him to resign. You'll note the glaring difference between Democratic response to the Northam's black face picture and total Republican silence on Trump. And the reason for that is because Democrats don't want the slightest taint of white supremacy in their ranks while Republicans begrudgingly accept (or outright celebrate) that White Supremacy is a pillar within the Republican party.
Translation: "ooops, we got busted ... quick divert to TTTRRRRRUUUUMMMMPPP"!!!

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Clinton was't even in the ballpark of breaking the norms and ethics that Trump has.

Wingers like Nixon, Reagan, Bush, and Dubya all abused their powers and committed far more serious offenses than Clinton, and the right backed those guys to the bitter end. Hell, with Nixon they only turned on him because of public outrage.

The right has decided that any rule that stands in their way on the road to more political capital and power, will be a rule they will break if it means victory. Those are the kinds of people their voting block is electing, again and again.

Right now, Northam is trying to use Trump's playbook, and hope that another media distraction will come along to make his scandal backpage news. If he can survive a week or two of punches, it will probably work like a charm.

you make an interesting point. Republicans support their politicians no matter what. Roy Moore is a perfect example of this, where even the president instructed Republican voters to vote for him. Trump himself is also a perfect example. The GOP never wanted Trump as their president, but when they realized he'd push the agenda they wanted with tax cuts, the SC, abortion, etc, they backed him, and still do to this very day despite his horrible personality, criminal behavior, and just overall disfunction. Perhaps the Democrats should stop taking the higher road, as taking the higher road does nothing but cause them to lose elections, and have their policies and agenda wiped out by power hungry Republicans.

So wait, Northam apologized for being in the racist photo and now says it wasn't him? You can't make this up.

Translation: "ooops, we got busted ... quick divert to TTTRRRRRUUUUMMMMPPP"!!!

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

And why aren’t you urging trump, an open white supremacist, to resign? The answer is self evident, which is that the Republican Party is a home for white supremacists.

Sorry but he is you ass clown. I love he was the one with the race baiting commercial of the truck trying to run down kids. Turns out he is the one who is the racist. Karma is a bitch sometimes. :lol:
You need to wake up check Today’s white supremacists, White separatists, neo-Nazis, Klansman, all the Richard Spencers out there. Guess which party they vote for? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not Democrat.

You need to wake up check Today’s white supremacists, White separatists, neo-Nazis, Klansman, all the Richard Spencers out there. Guess which party they vote for? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not Democrat.

All 300 of them.

I think the available evidence doesn't support your claim. True there will always be those that stay true to their original convictions but most people continue to evolve alongside society. I think a very good illustration of this is the movie "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", this was a movie that most people of my generation loved when released. This movie couldn't even be made right now as the majority of people would find it intolerable including the actor himself (Jim Carrey).

I thought the movie was intolerable when it released. Maybe you just grew up? I mean, that movie was 25 years ago.

Tastes change as you grow up. When I was a kid, I hated broccoli and black and white movies. Now, I do not.

But particular taste in things has nothing to do with ingrained narrow-mindedness.

All politics aside.

1) am am amazed that a picture like that even made it into a yearbook in 1984. For all Virginians out there, I am sorry that a picture like this shows up and reflects badly on institutions, communities and state.

2) I understand a large majority of black people vote DEM no matter what. When you pull that lever and this information comes out after an election, you have to be sick and wonder where the news, party and opposing party research arms are and what they are doing. If I voted for this man, I would be disappointed in the system as a whole. If I was black and voted for this man, I would be so F___ing pissed off at both parties as well as the media and would be pointing fingers at everyone who's job it is to help us in our decision making on voting day.

3) I know for a fact that I am not a saint and that no ne on this earth is pure at heart when it comes to racism. As an average white male in PA, I do not remember whether that photo would have been funny or not in 1984, but it is absolutely not funny in 2019 and as much as this event sickens me, it gives me hope that each generation of citizens is absolutely getting less racist.

4) The stupidity of racism was so commonplace in the past and now it is becoming national news because it is occurring less often all the time.

I thought the movie was intolerable when it released. Maybe you just grew up? I mean, that movie was 25 years ago.

Tastes change as you grow up. When I was a kid, I hated broccoli and black and white movies. Now, I do not.

But particular taste in things has nothing to do with ingrained narrow-mindedness.

It's one of the funniest movies ever! What's wrong with you?

It's one of the funniest movies ever! What's wrong with you?

Funniest movies ever? No. That movie is ****. I knew it when I was a kid and it first came out. I didn't think it was funny then, either, but then, I am not a fan of "high brow" comedians like Jim Carrey. /sarcasm

All 300 of them.
300 my ass. There are a documented 450 white supremacist organizations in the US. That number includes 100 white nationalist groups, 78 racist skinhead, 99 neo-Nazi, 43 neo-confederate and 130 Ku Klux Klan chapters. And that number is on the rise and what’s feuling it is the perceived threat from Latin immigration.

Yes, and the fact is that Democrats are purging him while Republicans are staying completely silent on their White Supremacist, Donald Trump.

And Steve King.

Guys, I'm starting to think that Northam might be a bit of a ****ing moron.

Such as your own. I’ve yet to see a post from you that wasn’t narrowly judgmental.

Back
Top Bottom