• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Bill Lee Signs Permitless Carry Bill into law as Tennessee joins 18 other States

And that was a lie, on two levels. It was a lie because we don't need federal standards in order to not have "unfettered access," and also because we do have federal standards, as I have just pointed out. But thanks for breaking it down for us to show that you are so good at lying, you can do it on multiple plains simultaneously.

It’s my stance, how can it be a lie?

You are *so* bad with words.

It’s my stance, how can it be a lie?

You are *so* bad with words.

It was an assertion of absolute fact, that was demonstrably absolutely false, and you knew it. That's practically the definition of a lie.

As a TN resident I like the day he signed the bill to oppose Beijing Joey's assault on our civil rights
--------------------------------

Tennessee is officially one of 19 states where permitless gun carry will be the law.

Gov. Bill Lee on Thursday signed a bill allowing most adults to carry a handgun without a permit, an effort that was at the top of his legislative agenda for the year.

The law takes effect July 1.

In a statement on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, Lee thanked the Tennessee legislature and National Rifle Association for their work to pass the bill.

I hope other states follow suite. That said its a shame that states have to enact laws that reaffirm 2nd amendment rights.

In Kansas where I live both open and concealed carry without permit has been legal for decades.

The law boosts theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony and mandates six months of incarceration for the offense, up from the current 30-day sentence. It also bars felons convicted of possessing a firearm from early release.
I found that interesting and glad to see stiffer penalties as a part of the bill.

As a TN resident I like the day he signed the bill to oppose Beijing Joey's assault on our civil rights

Tennessee is officially one of 19 states where permitless gun carry will be the law.

Gov. Bill Lee on Thursday signed a bill allowing most adults to carry a handgun without a permit, an effort that was at the top of his legislative agenda for the year.

In a statement on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, Lee thanked the Tennessee legislature and National Rifle Association for their work to pass the bill.

Great news! What could possibly go wrong?

ComparingCrimeStates_t800_hac5578a17f0b7de6f4ca73d872307b139569e5da.jpg

Nothing good for bad guys. Which is why over 18 states have done the same.
Oh yeah, I rest easy knowing that we have (how many?) thousands of gun deaths each year, suicides, family killings, that mothers in some cities live in fear of what might happen to their kids, and that the world thinks we're crazy. Don't get into any sort of argument with a stranger, dont stumble in front of certain cops or reach in your glove box for your registration lest they think you are pulling out your iron. Madness.

Yeah, just what we need, more concealed guns.
I would think criminals not knowing who is and isn't armed to be a better deterent than criminals knowing who is armed.

Or law enforcement having to assume everyone is armed.
I think they already do that. Especially if they are in a pro-2nd amendment state.

I think they already do that. Especially if they are in a pro-2nd amendment state.

And you think that's a safe and civilized state of affairs ?

And you wonder why US police are the most trigger happy, homicidal group of enforcement agencies in the world ?

And you think that's a safe and civilized state of affairs ?

And you wonder why US police are the most trigger happy, homicidal group of enforcement agencies in the world ?

The vast majority of contact that law enforcement has with the public is peaceful. So the claims that our law enforcement are trigger happy and homicidal is nothing more than the absurd claims of black racist and mentally retarded cop haters.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp15.pdf
In 2015, an estimated 21% of U.S. residents age 16 or older about 53.5 million person had experienced some type of contact with the police during the prior 12 months.

Most of these are justified
How Many People Are Killed by Police Each Year? - The Atlantic
1,146(26% were black people IE 298 black people killed by police) and 1,092(26% were black people IE 284 killed by police) victims of police violence in 2015 and 2016, respectively

• U.S. law enforcement officers 2018 | Statista
In 2018, there were 686,665 full-time law enforcement officers employed in the United States. The number of full-time law enforcement officers reached a peak in 2008 with 708,569 officers, and hit a low in 2013 with 626,942 officers.

Come on Texas, let's go.

The vast majority of contact that law enforcement has with the public is peaceful.

So apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play ?

So the claims that our law enforcement are trigger happy and homicidal is nothing more than the absurd claims of black racist and mentally retarded cop haters.

Really ?

2014:
US police killed 1100 people
Canadian police killed 14 people
British police killed 1 person (same as in 2013 Btw)
German police killed 0 people (same as in 2013)
Icelandic police killed 0 people (infact they've only every killed 1 person ... EVER)
Chinese police killed 12 people (with a population 4.5 times larger than the USA)

Let that sink in. Law enforcement in the US killed 92 times more people than a country with nearly 1.4 billion people

"...from 2010 through 2014, there were 4 fatal police shootings in England, which has a population of about 52 million. By contrast, Albuquerque, N.M., with a population 1 percent the size of England’s, had 26 fatal police shootings in that same time period..."

Police in the US Kill Citizens at Over 70 Times the Rate of Other First-World Nations | The Free Thought Project

Are you so sure all those 1100 people killed each of the last two years were such "scumbags" that they all deserved to die ?

Back
Top Bottom