• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP war on the poor - Begging for revolution [W:122]

So the democrats want to revolt against a democratic President and Senate because they do not get everything their way? Kind of akin to my 3 year old trying to hold his breath to force me to give him what he wants. Have at it. :coffeepap

That is inaccurate Josie. Where do you get information like this? Really.

What? What is incorrect? Do you honestly think all hard-working people are excellent savers of money, don't buy anything they really don't need and work like a dog to get out of debt? C'mon.

How do you sit on your ass all day when you cant buy a place with SNAP? (welfare ended in 1996)

what about sit-on-your-ass-all-day-and-collect-"dividends" "fees" "advisory salary" people. Funny how the rich have the balls to
call the poor what they ARE.

If you are stupid and don't have any skills and can't convince anyone that your advice is worth a good amount of money and you never had enough money to invest in business because you never did anything worth a damn in your whole life, then you aren't likely to have a lot of income. And that's the difference between the rich and you. They've been productive enough to convince people that they're worth a lot of money. You, on the other hand.... well, let's just face the facts. You are worth whatever people are willing to pay you. If you can't get someone to pay you more than you're getting paid, then you need to re-evaluate what you're worth.

When you are living on the money other people pay in taxes, you are making THEM slaves. If you aren't feeding, clothing and housing yourself through your OWN work, then you are doing it at the expense of others. It's your life. YOU work to sustain it. It's something too basic for people not to understand it.

Revolution.... please.... those of you too lazy and cowardly to do your own stealing (and asking the government to do it for you) aren't going to be industrious and brave enough to take up arms against this country. Begging for a revolution. What a load of manure that is!

Who closed this and 1001 other factorys? The poor people? NOPE. the Mega rich.

closed_factory.cr_.03.jpg

And blame the poor for the actions of the Mega Rich? Guilt transfer...............typical manipulation

And people could have their OWN work, if the mega stores closed and we returned to small shops with no wall street leeches.

Food stamps/welfare is a way of life. It's not a lift out of poverty. Anybody who personally knows people on government assistance can see this. An 18 year old gets pregnant, or wants to get pregant- "I can just get EBT, WIC and section 8". I have heard this many times. It's that easy.

People assume that if the government doesn't take from others to feed the "hungry" then people are just going to starve and that's that. They don't see the good in people, the fact that if I see somebody suffering I am going to help them out. But if the government is taking my money, I am inclined to be more "selfish" and out to get my "share." I could easily get an EBT card but embarrassment wouldn't be worth it. Other then that I would totally do it.

If you are stupid and don't have any skills and can't convince anyone that your advice is worth a good amount of money and you never had enough money to invest in business because you never did anything worth a damn in your whole life, then you aren't likely to have a lot of income. And that's the difference between the rich and you. They've been productive enough to convince people that they're worth a lot of money. You, on the other hand.... well, let's just face the facts. You are worth whatever people are willing to pay you. If you can't get someone to pay you more than you're getting paid, then you need to re-evaluate what you're worth.

The 99% are revaluating the "worth" of the fat cats and idle rich. It does not look so good..............

So tell me, how is stealing the value of peoples homes, and the home itself, stealing investors money, blackmailing the gov to bail you out........being " productive enough to convince people that they're worth a lot of money. "

What? What is incorrect? Do you honestly think all hard-working people are excellent savers of money, don't buy anything they really don't need and work like a dog to get out of debt? C'mon.

As a follow up to a statement about the poor not working hard enough you stated:

Some are - some aren't.

Some are hardworking, they just don't know how to manage money.
Some are hardworking, they just think they need every luxury everyone else has.
Some are hardworking, but other thing are more important that getting out of debt.

Your response here
Do you honestly think all hard-working people are excellent savers of money, don't buy anything they really don't need and work like a dog to get out of debt?
Has nothing to do with what I said and serves as nothing more than another example of how you constantly twist my words.

Do you honestly believe that people are poor only because of things within their control that they are simply choosing not to do? ie: manage their money better, buy luxury items they do not need, etc

How do you work at a closed factory? Where are the jobs these poor can work at? Opps, there goes your BS.

You don't work at a closed factory. You get a job somewhere else. And there's always "somewhere else". Ooops... there goes your BS.

Food stamps/welfare is a way of life. It's not a lift out of poverty. Anybody who personally knows people on government assistance can see this. An 18 year old gets pregnant, or wants to get pregant- "I can just get EBT, WIC and section 8". I have heard this many times. It's that easy.

People assume that if the government doesn't take from others to feed the "hungry" then people are just going to starve and that's that. They don't see the good in people, the fact that if I see somebody suffering I am going to help them out. But if the government is taking my money, I am inclined to be more "selfish" and out to get my "share." I could easily get an EBT card but embarrassment wouldn't be worth it. Other then that I would totally do it.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia OPPS - wrong agian.

And yes women with kids get SNAP , homes, cash, HC. What about single men and women? what about childless couples? What about every one else?

Sec8 does not exist. Because no new people can get it.

I bet you would not get ANY SNAP. Go apply, see what you REALLY "get" and tell us ....................

The 99% are revaluating the "worth" of the fat cats and idle rich. It does not look so good..............

So tell me, how is stealing the value of peoples homes, and the home itself, stealing investors money, blackmailing the gov to bail you out........being " productive enough to convince people that they're worth a lot of money. "

You ARE aware that these financial intuition 'bailouts' were paid back with interest...right? Are those who receive SNAP going to pay back their benefits? Presumably not therefore your argument is non-sequitur.

You don't work at a closed factory. You get a job somewhere else. And there's always "somewhere else". Ooops... there goes your BS.

But that leaves only crap service jobs, and you puppets of the mega rich say these jobs are only for teenagers, and CANT BE living wage life time jobs............
(SNICKER)!!!!!

How do you sit on your ass all day when you cant buy a place with SNAP? (welfare ended in 1996)
Sorry for your loss then. Must be terrible to rely on Mommie Government for everything. Does she tie your shoes too?

what about sit-on-your-ass-all-day-and-collect-"dividends" "fees" "advisory salary" people. Funny how the rich have the balls to
call the poor what they ARE.
Did they always just sit on their asses and collect dividends? Did Lucky Charms just jump out of a cereal box and hand them to these people? No. They stayed in school, worked harder (than you), and did all the right things in life to enjoy enough financial success. Then they took that financial success and invested it.

Here let me help you with that word that democrats have a problem with:

in·vest
verb (used with object)
1. to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

Stop with the wealth envy, just because you weren't as successful as them. Be responsible for your choices in life.

Some are - some aren't.

Some are hardworking, they just don't know how to manage money.
Some are hardworking, they just think they need every luxury everyone else has.
Some are hardworking, but other thing are more important that getting out of debt.

That is inaccurate Josie. Where do you get information like this? Really.

Your response has nothing to do with what I said and serves as nothing more than another example of how you constantly twist my words.

Except I don't twist your words. You said the content of my post was incorrect. You don't agree that some people are hardworking, but don't manage money well. That's very naive.

Do you honestly believe that people are poor only because of things within their control that they are simply choosing not to do? ie: manage their money better, buy luxury items they do not need, etc

Of course not. Some people are poor because they simply cannot help themselves due to mental or physical disabilities. Most people have the ability to help themselves and get themselves out of their predicament. Will they be filthy rich? Probably not, but they won't starve.

You ARE aware that these financial intuition 'bailouts' were paid back with interest...right? Are those who receive SNAP going to pay back their benefits? Presumably not therefore your argument is non-sequitur.

they were not paid back.

Goldman sacks only makes say $1B year, and they "paid back" their loan already...............So it is just more LIES and magic accounting of WS and propoganda
to make the screwed tax payers happy.

Then there is AIG. Show me the REAL MONEY they paid back to Uncle sam. They can NEVER pay back USA, not in 100 years.

how can you stack bull****e in a pile that high? It's like you've got nothing so you just trot out the same tired nonsense over and over and over again even though it's got no substance whatsoever. Maybe some idiot will "thank" you for posting the idiotic OWS talking points and maybe that's all you wanted, anyway. You sure as hell don't want a reasoned discussion with puke like that masquerading as "debate".

they were not paid back.

Goldman sacks only makes say $1B year, and they "paid back" their loan already...............So it is just more LIES and magic accounting of WS and propoganda

Then there is AIG. Show me the REAL MONEY they paid back to Uncle sam. They can NEVER pay back USA, not in 100 years.

So, are you calling Obama a liar? PolitiFact New Hampshire | Barack Obama says banks paid back all the federal bailout money

Of course not. Some people are poor because they simply cannot help themselves due to mental or physical disabilities. Most people have the ability to help themselves and get themselves out of their predicament. Will they be filthy rich? Probably not, but they won't starve.

This is my point which your posts fail to include. Some PEOPLE regardless of financial status are guilty of all those things you listed, but to isolate these behaviors as if they are exclusive to the poor and the reason they exist in poverty is inaccurate and prejudicial towards them.

This is my point which your posts fail to include. Some PEOPLE regardless of financial status are guilty of all those things you listed, but to isolate these behaviors as if they are exclusive to the poor and the reason they exist in poverty is inaccurate and prejudicial towards them.

I'm not isolating them to just poor people, od. The entire thread is focusing on the poor which is why my post was focusing on the poor. Derp.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia OPPS - wrong agian.

And yes women with kids get SNAP , homes, cash, HC. What about single men and women? what about childless couples? What about every one else?

Sec8 does not exist. Because no new people can get it.

I bet you would not get ANY SNAP. Go apply, see what you REALLY "get" and tell us ....................

What am I wrong about?

Yes, single people can get benefits. Yes, section 8 does exist. I know this for a fact. It's quite frustrating when someone tells you you're wrong when they have no clue what they're talking about.

They even advertise California's food benefit program on the radio, "even if you are employed, going to school" etc etc.

Why would anyone support more on food stamps? Explain that one please.

Easy, people who are too 'choosy' on where they will work... i.e.:

But that leaves only crap service jobs, and you puppets of the mega rich say these jobs are only for teenagers, and CANT BE living wage life time jobs............
(SNICKER)!!!!!

Not being willing to work 'crap service jobs' only perpetuates this 'welfare mentality'.

Housing Choice Voucher Program Section 8

It certainly appears that it still does...and that new people CAN get in it...

try again...

Agian with fed sites that do not reflect the reality of the street. STATES set requirments and allow people in.

"Jan 12, 2013 - Police were struggling to control a crowd of thousands of people waiting to receive Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers when a riot broke out at " Detroit

"Over 30,000 people showed up in East Point yesterday, a suburb of Atlanta, to obtain applications to receive Section 8 housing vouchers" RIOT for APPLICATIONS,
not even to actully get a place.

From AZ state sec8.

"Housing Choice Voucher Program is available only in Yavapai County through the Arizona Public Housing Authority. The waiting list is currently closed for the state's allotment of 89 vouchers"

In a small county were nobody lives, and ****89***** vouchers in a state of millions..............and list is CLOSED

Like I said. Sec8 DOES NOT EXIST.

you talk propoganda.

The truth is on the street. LMAO

Last edited:
they were not paid back.

Don't take it from me (or 'magic accounting or propaganda), President Obama said "We got back every dime used to rescue the banks...We made that happen." he lied?

http://www.politifact.com/new-hamps...-obama-says-banks-paid-back-all-federal-bail/

Sorry, it appears that it is you who are lying...

try again...

(SNICKER)!!!!!

If you figure the only two types of jobs are factory jobs or burger flipping, then I'm not surprised you haven't convinced anyone that you know enough to be worth more than scant wages. Since you are obviously a clueless individual, let me help you out. Here are the 30 fastest growing jobs. In the year 2016: The 30 fastest-growing jobs - Boston.com

Back
Top Bottom