• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP sees falling Trump stock as growing threat to Senate majority

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Republicans are growing increasingly worried that President Trump’s slide in the polls following his COVID-19 diagnosis, coupled with an outbreak at the White House, is posing a major threat to their Senate majority.

The presidential campaign has quickly become one of the most tumultuous in modern history, but there’s more than enough turmoil and uncertainty to go around as both parties battle for control of the Senate.

One of the main concerns for Senate Republicans is Trump’s cash crunch, which has forced him to cut back on advertising in key battleground states at a time when Senate Democratic challengers are projected to significantly outraise GOP incumbents heading into the final stretch.
=====================================================================
I think the reason why the Repubs hav a cash crunch is that Putin & the NRA are unwilling to send money to a sinking ship who is already in major debt.

He's running his campaign money the same way he runs his businesses. I see a ton of biden commercials, very few for trump.

The gop has a lot of seats to defend and americans are pissed and turning out in record numbers to vote. Uh oh gop.

He's running his campaign money the same way he runs his businesses. I see a ton of biden commercials, very few for trump.

The gop has a lot of seats to defend and americans are pissed and turning out in record numbers to vote. Uh oh gop.
I'm hoping McConnell becomes senate Minority Leader on Nov. 3+

Biden promised a group of billionaires he would not raise their taxes or do anything else that would negatively affect them. Immediately the MSM, press and Internet giants declared Biden would be the Democratic nominee. Billionaires and mega millionaires have been pouring money into Biden's campaign ever since.

Just eliminating Trump's tariffs on the Chinese slave factories you so love is worth hundreds of billions for the super rich.

Billionaires for Biden -the super rich gods you so worship and the employer of Quid Pro Joe China Joe.

Biden promised a group of billionaires he would not raise their taxes or do anything else that would negatively affect them. Immediately the MSM, press and Internet giants declared Biden would be the Democratic nominee. Billionaires and mega millionaires have been pouring money into Biden's campaign ever since.

Just eliminating Trump's tariffs on the Chinese slave factories you so love is worth hundreds of billions for the super rich.

Billionaires for Biden -the super rich gods you so worship and the employer of Quid Pro Joe China Joe.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Keep em' coming joko.

If you hate millionaires, why did you vote for one?

Republicans are growing increasingly worried that President Trump’s slide in the polls following his COVID-19 diagnosis, coupled with an outbreak at the White House, is posing a major threat to their Senate majority.

The presidential campaign has quickly become one of the most tumultuous in modern history, but there’s more than enough turmoil and uncertainty to go around as both parties battle for control of the Senate.

One of the main concerns for Senate Republicans is Trump’s cash crunch, which has forced him to cut back on advertising in key battleground states at a time when Senate Democratic challengers are projected to significantly outraise GOP incumbents heading into the final stretch.
I think the reason why the Repubs hav a cash crunch is that Putin & the NRA are unwilling to send money to a sinking ship who is already in major debt.

"Growing Threat?"...... typical Republicans, they can never read the sign of the times until it bites them with CoVid.

This threat has been growing for four years and became life-threatening (or majority threatening) earlier this year when they made a sham of the impeachment proceedings. When the pandemic became out of control, and Senate Republicans had nothing to say, threat entered stage III. Now that they are trying to ram a SCOTUS appointment through in stark contrast (hypocrisy) to their position on SCOTUS judges in an election year that they articulated in 2016, the threat moved to Stage IV.

We are way past "Growing Threat" Its time to call hospice.

His Senate enablers all ate at the karma restaurant, where you don’t get a menu, you just get what you deserve.
They stood by him when they shouldn’t have and now the can’t desert him nor back him.

There is no way he’s not stealing from his own campaign hand over fist.

I'm hoping McConnell becomes senate Minority Leader on Nov. 3+
Even better if he became a private citizen, but that is not likely...

I haven't heard any reporting on it and I haven't taken time to look into it but I was wondering what the "albatross around the neck" factor Trump has become, if any, for Republicans running for the first time for the House or the Senate or running for reelection to the House and the Senate?

Are invitations not going out to him to come campaign with them, or is he still seen as golden for their campaigns?

I haven't heard any reporting on it and I haven't taken time to look into it but I was wondering what the "albatross around the neck" factor Trump has become, if any, for Republicans running for the first time for the House or the Senate or running for reelection to the House and the Senate?

Are invitations not going out to him to come campaign with them, or is he still seen as golden for their campaigns?

I suspect those in races where it's not exactly 100% Trump country there's a bit more caution associating themselves with him. A good example is the senate race in Arizona where Sen. McSally dodged the question about being proud to support Trump.

There is no way he’s not stealing from his own campaign hand over fist.
Case in point from the beginning:
The president's inaugural committee was aware it was being vastly overcharged for services at Trump's Washington, D.C., hotel in 2017, and still shelled out over $1 million at the hotel, including cash for a private party for the Trump's three older children, the lawsuit by Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine charges.

Case in point from the beginning:
The president's inaugural committee was aware it was being vastly overcharged for services at Trump's Washington, D.C., hotel in 2017, and still shelled out over $1 million at the hotel, including cash for a private party for the Trump's three older children, the lawsuit by Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine charges.

I’ve asked this before: would it shock anyone if this campaign were a Producers style scam just to keep the money? At his core that’s what Trump is above all else: a petty crook.

In Maine, Susan Collins has been trying to distance herself from Trump. I heard a report this morning that Democrats have been putting up Trump/Collins signs in parts of the state. Interesting that tying a candidate to the head of their party is seen as a negative for that campaign.

Yep. Lavish gifts and payments to "consultants".

I suspect those in races where it's not exactly 100% Trump country there's a bit more caution associating themselves with him. A good example is the senate race in Arizona where Sen. McSally dodged the question about being proud to support Trump.

Interesting.

Falling according to whom? Polls? the same polls that said Hillary would beat trump by 90%, or the polls that showed Dukakis was beating Reagan? its called Social desirability bias

Falling according to whom? Polls? the same polls that said Hillary would beat trump by 90%, or the polls that showed Dukakis was beating Reagan? its called Social desirability bias
You just keep on thinkingthose happy thoughts.

Hilarious, show me where Trump acted like a dictator, also show me where he's fascist? These are empty accusations based on feelings!

The dictator one is based on facts, not feelings. You either do not know what a dictator is or are not educated about the rattlesnake himself.

So, no path to 270? It's in the bag for Hilliary then?

If you hate millionaires, why did you vote for one?

HEY, Beijing Biden may be a millionaire, but he made his money they old fashioned way, selling influence and access to the United States Government to the highest bidder such as China....

Back
Top Bottom