• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP sees falling Trump stock as growing threat to Senate majority

Quibble: If R Senators hadn't been Trump enablers for four years, they might be judged on individual merits rather than as an extension of Trump.
Yes, but for the senators, the majority anyway to act differently shouldn't be expected unless the people as a whole turned against Trump as they did Nixon in the last days of his presidency. Senators and House members of the president's party usually for the most part always follow their president's lead regardless of who the president is. members of congress of the president's party is always trying to give their president everything he wants.

Yes, but for the senators, the majority anyway to act differently shouldn't be expected unless the people as a whole turned against Trump as they did Nixon in the last days of his presidency. Senators and House members of the president's party usually for the most part always follow their president's lead regardless of who the president is. members of congress of the president's party is always trying to give their president everything he wants.
Seems true, and sad. I'd much rather have pols in each party who fought for things they believed in, rather than just a bunch of partisan drones.

Seems true, and sad. I'd much rather have pols in each party who fought for things they believed in, rather than just a bunch of partisan drones.
Yep. I would like to see our elected officials actually represent the people back home and vote their wishes and wants instead of the party line. Example, on Kavanaugh the people of Maine was totally against him, Collins should have respected their wishes and voted no. Jones of Alabama from the opposite of the aisle, the folks in Alabama were all for Kavanaugh, he should have voted yes. But party line won out over their constituents and the folks back home wishes and wants.

The whole idea of representative government is to represent the people back home, district, state and not just your party.

Yep. I would like to see our elected officials actually represent the people back home and vote their wishes and wants instead of the party line. Example, on Kavanaugh the people of Maine was totally against him, Collins should have respected their wishes and voted no. Jones of Alabama from the opposite of the aisle, the folks in Alabama were all for Kavanaugh, he should have voted yes. But party line won out over their constituents and the folks back home wishes and wants.

The whole idea of representative government is to represent the people back home, district, state and not just your party.
That's a good point. I do want pols to campaign for and then if elected stand up for what they deeply believe in -- but they should also take into account what their constituents want.

Quibble: If R Senators hadn't been Trump enablers for four years, they might be judged on individual merits rather than as an extension of Trump.
Nah this goes back to Obama when the Republicans took the Senate...it is about all of them and their actions...had they acted like respectable elected officials they would not being tossed to the curb.

Back
Top Bottom