• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP sees falling Trump stock as growing threat to Senate majority

Her voting record is questionable, but she completely lost me when she said Trump "learned a pretty big lesson" after his impeachment.
Collins is in a tight race and trying to hold on to votes in a mostly democrat state. She will abandon the republican if it makes her win.

Oh, my apologies. I didn't know you was a Trump worshiper.

Everyone who likes Donald Trump worships him, including people who publicly insist they only care about the letter R. All they care about is liking the man named Donald John Trump Sr. while wearing blindfolds and earplugs.

Collins is in a tight race and trying to hold on to votes in a mostly democrat state. She will abandon the republican if it makes her win.
Collins got my vote back when she voted for Kavenaugh, I even signed her nomination papers. She can keep it if ACB is confirmed next week. Interesting the ads tying her to Trump may help her win.

Republicans are growing increasingly worried that President Trump’s slide in the polls following his COVID-19 diagnosis, coupled with an outbreak at the White House, is posing a major threat to their Senate majority.

The presidential campaign has quickly become one of the most tumultuous in modern history, but there’s more than enough turmoil and uncertainty to go around as both parties battle for control of the Senate.

One of the main concerns for Senate Republicans is Trump’s cash crunch, which has forced him to cut back on advertising in key battleground states at a time when Senate Democratic challengers are projected to significantly outraise GOP incumbents heading into the final stretch.
=====================================================================
I think the reason why the Repubs hav a cash crunch is that Putin & the NRA are unwilling to send money to a sinking ship who is already in major debt.
Fairly safe bets switching parties
Alabama to the Republicans
Arizona to the democrats
Colorado to the democrats

Likely to switch parties
Iowa to the democrats
North Carolina to the democrats

Tossups
Georgia 1
Georgia 2
Kansas
Montana
South Carolina

All are held by Republicans with the exception of Alabama. As of today I see a net gain for the Democrats between 4 to as many 9. A lot depends on how long Biden's coat tails are. But take a good look at the tossups, all 5 should be safe Republicans. I think the above reflects more on Trump than on the GOP incumbents or candidates for the senate. So far Trump's poor showing in the presidential race has had a filter down effect. This election is all about Trump which includes the senate.

Arizona to the democrats

Likely to switch parties
Iowa to the democrats

Tossups
Georgia 1
Georgia 2
Kansas
Montana
South Carolina

All are held by Republicans with the exception of Alabama. As of today I see a net gain for the Democrats between 4 to as many 9. A lot depends on how long Biden's coat tails are. But take a good look at the tossups, all 5 should be safe Republicans. I think the above reflects more on Trump than on the GOP incumbents or candidates for the senate. So far Trump's poor showing in the presidential race has had a filter down effect. This election is all about Trump which includes the senate.
In PA I hope we flip the state legislature.

Arizona to the democrats

Likely to switch parties
Iowa to the democrats

Tossups
Georgia 1
Georgia 2
Kansas
Montana
South Carolina

You missed Maine... which at this point is either a safe bet or a likely switch.

What the fu...?

He somehow thinks that 5000 idiots that huddle close together in the middle of a pandemic are indication that Trump is not in trouble at the polls.

Interesting other study: when CV case counts climb, Trump's local popularity falls. So, Trump's rallies are pretty much being conducted by Trump, the grim reaper (of his own campaign)

Last edited:

Republicans are growing increasingly worried that President Trump’s slide in the polls following his COVID-19 diagnosis, coupled with an outbreak at the White House, is posing a major threat to their Senate majority.

The presidential campaign has quickly become one of the most tumultuous in modern history, but there’s more than enough turmoil and uncertainty to go around as both parties battle for control of the Senate.

One of the main concerns for Senate Republicans is Trump’s cash crunch, which has forced him to cut back on advertising in key battleground states at a time when Senate Democratic challengers are projected to significantly outraise GOP incumbents heading into the final stretch.
I think the reason why the Repubs hav a cash crunch is that Putin & the NRA are unwilling to send money to a sinking ship who is already in major debt.
A good giveaway is the rush by the candidates to mount serious face time
in the states that they need the most.Wisconsin seems to be among one of those.
That State is winnable.Even though it has a huge Democrat base.
As noticed when Scott Walker came in { 2011 } and literally cleaned-up
Dodge { Wisconsin }.His was one of the most partisan up hill battles
in Governorship History.But he succeeded despite the Looney left
in the state.Mostly beholdin to the favorite vehicle of Democrats.
The Unions.Haven;t heard much from the Big Unions backing Biden.
But that is why Pelosi is refusing to negotiate a Stimulus bill.Because she
craves bailing out Blue States where Blue cities are in a choke hold
over their Pension problems.Especially the Teachers Union.

In PA I hope we flip the state legislature.
I haven't ever got into state legislatures, I'm a fish out of water there. I always concentrated on the presidency, senate and the house and let Linc do the governors.

You missed Maine... which at this point is either a safe bet or a likely switch.
I sure did, Thank you. Old age I suppose. Maine is somewhere between a sure bet and likely to switch. I knew my numbers didn't look right.

Colorado is not expected to turn Red anytime soon.
I still need to know if Susan Collins will remain defiant and
either abstaining her vote or voting Nay for Amy Coney Barrett.
Collins is much loved in Maine.But she's facing a tough election.

Colorado is not expected to turn Red anytime soon.

I am not certain of your point here. I was making no comment about Colorado. As a Coloradoan, I would say that statement is almost axiomatic.

I still need to know if Susan Collins will remain defiant and either abstaining her vote or voting Nay for Amy Coney Barrett. Collins is much loved in Maine.But she's facing a tough election.

She may very well abstain, because there is room for her to abstain, but it would be for show, not substance. If she does, I would hope the Maine voters would see right through that lie as it would simply be cosmetic as her vote doesn't count. Collins made her bed in the Kavanaugh hearings feigning sometype of moral wishy-washy high ground before getting back in line. She did it again during the impeachment. She is as spineless as they come. My four favorite senators to be flushed from office would be, in order, McConnell, Graham, Collins and Gardner. I should get me wish on the last two, maybe Graham, but we will have to deal with the turtle returning, fortunately in a minority role.[/QUOTE]

They have been warned for 4 years, the chickens are coming home to roost.

On Oct 21, 2016 only 4 million people had voted....and they were talking about how many voted...today it is 10/19/2020 and we are 15 days from the election and 30 million have voted.

I think the above reflects more on Trump than on the GOP incumbents or candidates for the senate. So far Trump's poor showing in the presidential race has had a filter down effect. This election is all about Trump which includes the senate.

Quibble: If R Senators hadn't been Trump enablers for four years, they might be judged on individual merits rather than as an extension of Trump.

Back
Top Bottom